10+ Sheet Templates in Google Docs
Gathering information is a task that most people may find difficult and tedious, but it’s something that has to be done in order to to complete particular tasks. Now, wouldn’t it be great to have something that’s able to properly contain all of the gathered information and present them in a way that looks both professional and organized?
The one document that is able to do just that would happen to be a sheet template. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know on how you can create your very own sheet.
Elements of a Sheet
Should you be required to create your own sheet, then it is important that you are able to learn about the basic elements. The purpose of a sheet is to convey the right information to the people that can make use of it. If you manage to properly implement these elements into the sheet, then you can expect it to serve its purpose.
So knowing that, here are the elements of a sheet:
1. Title: Every good sheet should come with an appropriate title. The purpose of having the title is for it to provide readers with an idea as to what the sheet is going to contain, as well as telling them what it is going to be used for. When making the title, you have to think about whether it’s appropriate in terms of it being related to the document’s purpose. For example, let’s say that the sheet is meant to hold information regarding monthly expenses. An appropriate title would be something like “Personal Monthly Expense Sheet” or maybe even “Business Monthly Expense Sheet“.
2. Basic Information: There are sheets wherein you are required to pass on basic information on certain people or the person who created the sheet itself. No matter what the case may be, it is important that you are able to include them when necessary. While some sheets require you to only put in names, there are others wherein you will also need to provide additional information such as one’s profession or the position that they hold in a company.
3. Descriptions and Details: It is possible that a sheet will need to provide a description regarding what it is going to be used for. Should you need to provide such a description, you will need to make sure that it is easy to understand by just about anyone who reads it. Also, every item that you put into the document must be detailed properly. Such details would include things such as the quantity of certain items, comments regarding their quality, individual unit price and so on.
10+Sheet Templates in Google Docs
Free Travel Expense Sheet
Simple Grade Sheet Template
Blank Grade Sheet Template
Free Weekly Expense Sheet
Free Food Inventory Sheet
Employee Grade Sheet Template
Free Monthly Grade Sheet
Daily Expense Sheet Template
Expense Sheet Template
Home Inventory Sheet Template
How to Make a Sheet
The next step is for you to learn how to make your own sheet. Knowing what a sheet should contain won’t be enough as you still need to think about how you are going to arrange everything that you are going to put into the document. Not only that, but you have to do so in a way that will make it presentable to those that will be using the sheet.
So with that, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper sheet:
1. Learn how to access Google Docs: Google Docs is one of the best ways of making a sheet or just about any other kind of document for that matter. However, should you wish to access Docs, you will need to create a Gmail account first. This is something that you can do easily and quickly by simply going to Google’s main site and creating it from there. Once you’re done making it or if you already have one, then be sure to do the following:
- Access your newly made Gmail account.
- Locate the icon named “Docs” and click it.
- Choose if you would like start from a new document or if you would like to use a sheet template.
Remember that you can use Google Docs to help you create other types of documents should you wish to do so.
2. Make your sheet: Now that you understand how to use Google Docs to create your very own sheet, you still need to consider what you have to put into the sheet. So here are the things that you will need to do:
- Realize the purpose of the sheet: It is very important that even before you start making your sheet, you know what it is going to be used for. Knowing its purpose is the best way of understanding what kind of information you are supposed to acquire and what you should put into the sheet.
- Know where to get the information: You should always consider the source of the data or information that you are going to collect. While what you collect will highly depend on what it is that you need, where you are going to get is something that you definitely have to think about carefully. Make sure that the source is trustworthy as you do not want anyone to go through a sheet that contains nothing but inconsistencies.
- Think of the layout: As you are creating your sheet, you will need to think about how it is going to present the information it contains. This is why you need to think of an appropriate layout for the document. What you can do is either use a template or you can check out samples of the sheet you want to make to give you an idea as to how your layout should go.
Tips for Making a Sheet
- Check to see if there’s anything lacking or if there are any errors: If you submit to someone a sheet that contains nothing but inconsistencies or one that lacks a lot of crucial information, the you can expect to hear a complaint about it. To avoid that from happening, you simply need to check the sheet thoroughly just to make sure that it has everything that it needs and that there aren’t any unnecessary errors.
- Get ready to make changes: There are instances wherein you will be required to make changes to the data that you have provided in the sheet. Should that be the case, all you have to do is to make updates as soon as possible. Be sure that the sources of these changes are reliable as you do not want to do anything unnecessary.
- Always consider the font and font size: When it comes to the readability of a sheet, then you would naturally think about the font and font size of the text. All you have to do is to make sure that you use a font and font size that’s appropriate for the sheet you are going to make.
Types of Sheets
Making a sheet will be much easier if you already have an idea as to what it is that you are going to have to make. This is why it is important for you to learn about the types of sheets. Not only will learning them help you create the one you need, but it’s also great for knowing what information they should contain. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Land Estimate Sheet
- Bidding Sheet
- Travel Expense Sheet
- Balance Sheet
- Business Expense Sheet
- Academic Sheet
- Weekly Expense Sheet
- Food Inventory Sheet
If you want to gain more information on what kind of sheets you can make, then you simply need to search them online or you can choose to go through our site until you are able to learn about the ones you want to create.
Can I create a sheet in other formats?
While the best format that you can go for when making a sheet would be in Word, that does not mean that all other formats are not allowed. For example, you can choose to make your sheet in PDF if you want to go with a more creative look for it. Or maybe you have decided to make it in Excel if you want to have a table which presents all the information in an organized manner. Just make sure that you create the one that you feel you should go with or the format you’re required to submit it in.
Where can I find the templates that I need?
If ever you are having trouble find the template of the sheet you want to make, then you should definitely consider going through our site as it has many different sheet templates that you can choose from. Remember that you can also use our site to find templates of other documents should you wish to do so.
So long as you go through this article thoroughly, then you should be able to come up with a sheet that’s able to provide you with the help you need.