13+ Timesheet Templates
Need a more efficient yet simpler way to track employees, personal productivity, and even a professional’s rendered work time? If yes, then may we suggest the use of printable timesheet templates.
In this article, we share multiple examples of timesheet templates that any employer, office supervisor, or household manager may use to track time and improve productivity. We also encourage you to read all the tips and sheet template creation guide that we will be sharing below.
Elements of A Good Timesheet
A timesheet is a document (typically printed on paper) that lists down the time rendered by an individual for doing a specific task. It is usually used to track the work time rendered by employees. There are now digital timesheets that automatically track employee’s arrival and departure from using biometric data. In this article, however, we are focusing on printed timesheets that need to be filled out by hand or by manually inputting data into a spreadsheet.
And if you are interested in creating a printed timesheet that you can use for your employees or for your own services, you will find the list below helpful. Listed below are the top characteristics that any timesheet template should possess for them to become effective time-tracking tools.
1. Organized and Well-Labeled Tables: Perhaps the most important element in any timesheet are organized tables. This allows anyone to easily fill out the timesheet without having to consult another person. The tables included in a timesheet should also be correctly labeled so that accurate information will be recorded on the sheet.
2. Branding Identity Designs: Another important element that should be present in a timesheet template are your business’ or organization’s branding identity designs. This may come in the form of your business letterhead, company logo, or even just your trademarked business name. By using these branding designs, anyone who reads and/or fills out the timesheet will readily associate your these designs with your business or organization.
3. Clear Instructions: If you have just implemented the use of standard timesheets for your organizations, it pays to always include detailed and clear instructions on how to fill out the form template. This is important to ensure that only the right pieces of information are recorded on the form. As your employees have familiarized with the form, you may opt to remove the instructions.
4. Relevant Content: There are different types of timesheets depending on the kind of information that they capture. So when creating a timesheet template, you should make sure that its content or format suits the kind of information you are looking for. To illustrate, if you want your employees to record their work status every hour, you will need to create an hourly timesheet template. This type of timesheet should include multiple rows or columns to account for each hour that the employee is working.
Combine all the different timesheet template elements above and you will have created a compelling timesheet template design. Just remember that your end goal is to make the entire timekeeping easier and more efficient for your employees.
13+ Timesheet Templates
Featured below are fully editable timesheet templates. They can be used for whatever time-tracking goal you wish to achieve for your organization or for your business. All templates are available in various other file formats to make it easier to download and edit.
Weekly Timesheet Template
Daily Timesheet Template
Hourly Timesheet Template
Monthly Timesheet Template
Bi-Weekly Time Sheet Template
Employee Timesheet Template
Employee Weekly Time Sheet Template
Individual Consultant Timesheet Template
Lawyer Timesheet Template
Sample Contractor Timesheet Template
Project Timesheet Template
Available File Formats
Simple Project Timesheet Template
Sample Biweekly Timesheet Template
Simple Tips For Excellent Timesheet Management
Requiring employees to fill out timesheets can be hard. After all, they already have to focus on their respective jobs and may not have the time to fill out the sheet. In this vein, we have listed a few tips on how to improve your organization’s timesheet compliance. Read and implement these simple tips into your workforce and you will see positive results in no time.
1. Keep it simple: The simpler a timesheet layout is, the easier it can be understood. Employees and workers are also more likely to do a task first if they think that they know how to complete it within a specific of time. Keep your timesheet template design simple by incorporating only the most necessary table format and other design elements.
2. Conduct regular training: No matter how simple a timesheet template is, it is useless if no one knows how to use it. Whether you are using printed weekly timesheets or you are tracking timesheet details through an automated tool, you need to conduct timesheet management training for your employees on a regular basis. These training should teach them how to use your organization’s timesheet and also serve as a venue for them to ask questions regarding the companies timekeeping policies.
3. Set proper expectations: And while you are conducting timesheet management training, it is also a good idea to set proper expectations about the use of these timesheets. Inform your employees of the need for accurate time-tracking and how it can affect the business. Telling employees the relationship between the financial success of a business and the use of a simple timesheet tracker can help them better understand their overall role for the business.
4. Go digital or use a timesheet management software tool: For small and medium-sized businesses, using paper timesheets will make a lot of sense. However, for slightly larger organizations or for those who want to record accurate employee work time, it may make sense to use employee timesheet management software tools. Of course, these tools will come with a higher price so make sure that your business is ready to shoulder this cost.
5. Teach time management: In some cases, teaching time management skills to employees can greatly help in increasing timesheet compliance. These time management courses will allow individuals to better assess their own work practices and corresponding productivity levels. And when done right, timesheet compliance will be an all-time high for your organization or company.
6. Practice what you preach: As the business owner or manager, it is best that you set a good example for your employees. When employees see that their leader is doing the right thing (which is to fill out his or her timesheet form), they are more likely to follow and to do it right. This tip applies not only in filling out company timesheets but also with other work-related tasks.
And those are the top tips that any business manager or entrepreneur should practice if they want high compliance with their organization’s time-tracking policy. Also, remember that there will always be outliers – employees who just do not seem to know or understand the need for filling out their daily or bi-weekly timesheets. In these cases, it is up to you like the core business leader to determine what went wrong and develop an action plan to improve your organization’s timesheet management process.
Feel free to follow and improve upon all the tips above. And if you wish to create printable timesheets, don’t forget to check out all the printable templates included in this article.
Types of Timesheets
Timesheets are categorized according to the time period they are used for. Listed below are the most common types of timesheets:
Most timesheet templates follow the A4 & US Sizes. Therefore, they may also be printed using these paper printing sizes.
What is a timesheet template?
A timesheet template is a digital file that includes all the text, formatting, and design elements needed to create a timesheet. These templates may be posted online or printed on paper. In this article, we are providing examples of printable timesheet templates.
What tools do you use to create a timesheet?
Word processing software applications are used to create a timesheet. Examples of which are Microsoft Excel, Mac Numbers, Mac Page, and Microsoft Word.
What is the difference between a timesheet and an invoice?
A timesheet is a document that records the amount of time rendered or worked by a person during a specific period of time. An invoice is a proof of purchase or of doing a certain task or job. For some freelance jobs, timesheets may be used as proof of worked hours and it may be treated as a service invoice for services rendered. An employer will then base his or her payments on those timesheets.
As an entrepreneur, it is in your best interest to make your employees’ lives easier. Because when they find doing the minute things at work easy to accomplish, more work will be done. And using industry-tailored employee timesheets is one thing that you can do now to help achieve that level of workplace productivity. Check out the rest of Template.net for more business and design related printable templates.