Time is considered as an indispensable, valuable, and non-renewable resource. For businesses, time is equivalent to money, which makes a wasted time as a great loss for them. Having this in mind, most employers come up with a reliable and well-formatted timesheet to track the attendance and even the productivity of their respective employees.
Regardless of the structure and size of your business, timesheets are your best friend. There are a variety of timesheet templates that you may encounter on the Internet. To save time and to help you come up with your own customized timesheet, we have time sheet templates that you may download and use.
Simple Timesheet Template
Sample Timesheet Template
Professional Timesheet Template
Temporary Employee Timesheet
Casual Employee Timesheet
Employee Timesheet Example
Student Teaching Timesheet
Student Timesheet Example
Why Use Timesheets
For some, timesheets are considered as a waste of time and resources. That should not be the case. Timesheets helps you track the progress of your work efficiently. Other than that, here are some points that make timesheet relevant.
- They offer security. In an employment setting, timesheets are considered as legal documents which can be admissible as evidence in cases that employees submit complaints about their wages and benefits. Both the employer and the employee can benefit from keeping an updated and well-monitored timesheet that serves as a defense in cases of litigation.
- They offer streamlined documentation. The primary purpose of a timesheet is to document and record every transaction with the corresponding time and schedule. In an employment setting, they are used to track working hours and to calculate overtime payments. In terms of financial transactions, timesheet invoice templates are considered as a combination of an invoice tracker and a timesheet as well.
- They uphold the implementation of policies. Attendance is very critical in most businesses. HR timesheet templates are used by human resource officers in checking out who among the employees commit multiple accounts of absences and tardiness.
Bi-Weekly Employee Timesheet
Weekly Internship Timesheet
Weekly Timesheet Sample
Internship Timesheet Example
Sample Internship Timesheet
Internship Weekly Timesheet
Types of Timesheet Templates
Timesheets are manifested in a variety of types. Checkout the following templates.
- Employee Timesheet Templates – In an employment setting, timesheets are crucial in determining the number of working hours and days rendered by the employee either for a regular work schedule or for an overtime pay. You can either choose a weekly timesheet templates or daily timesheet in tracking the attendance of your employees.
- Project Timesheet Templates – A project is comprise of various stages from its conception, preparation, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring purposes. These templates can help you check and monitor your daily, weekly, and monthly accomplishments, and productivity.
- Contractor Timesheet Templates – For contractors, timesheets are very crucial. It serves as a documentary proof in checking out if the contracting parties followed and performed in good faith the terms and conditions of the contractor agreement.
- Business Timesheet Templates – In managing the operations of a business, timesheets are used to track inflow and outflow of goods and services, especially in the retail and manufacturing industry. In terms of professional service, timesheets are also used to outline schedules and appointments, especially if the professional fees depends on the number of hours rendered or consumed in a certain appointment.
- Student Timesheet Templates – For students and educators, timesheets are also frequently used. Teachers used them in tracking student’s attendance and at the same time their attendance or number of hours taught. Like any other timesheets, the templates also come in various time intervals.
Indeed, timesheets are applicable to a variety of fields. In choosing the right template for you, you have to consider the nature of your undertaking, business, or profession, and at the same time you’re chosen time interval. Timesheets are mere documentary support so that you’ll know the number of hours you’ve consumed in a specific day and see to it if your productivity is at par.
Free Time Sheet for Contractor
Individual Contractor Timesheet
Blank Monthly Timesheet
Monthly Timesheet Example
Business Monthly Timesheet
How to Create Simple Timesheets in Excel?
To supplement your use of sample sheet templates, Excel can be your tool in making your own timesheet for your business or profession. Here are some basic points to take into account.
- Figure out what type of information you need to enter in the timesheet. If you’re planning to create an employee timesheet templates, you need to know what type of details you need to enter in Excel. You’ll be needing that in order to label your timesheet accordingly. For employment purposes, you may need to have fields for the employee’s name, coverage of the timesheet, and the corresponding name of the manager.
- Create a matrix for the breaking down of dates. You can separate your timesheet by using columns in order to make room for morning shifts and afternoon shifts. To add, you also need to add time periods.
- Make use of Excel formulas. To make your life more convenient, make use of Excel formulas in calculating the daily or weekly working hours. In an attorney timesheet templates, the number of hours rendered by the legal counsel in discussing with his or her client must be monitored for the computation of the lawyer’s fees.
Blank Project Timesheet
Sample Project Timesheet
Free Project Timesheet
How to Make Your Timesheet Functional?
Downloading and immediately using blank timesheet templates is not enough. You need to plan and come up with ways to make your timesheet operational. Here are some tips that you may use.
- Be consistent. Consistency means that you must be keen in providing data in your timesheet. If you’re manually writing the information in the timesheet, you need to make your penmanship legible to have clear and error-free records. The writing style that you use for a certain data field must be consistent all throughout the document.
- Make sure that every field is regularly populated. To ensure that you don’t miss any important information, you need to complete all the fields in your timesheet. Regularly check if the time periods are provided and the corresponding signatures are filled in.
- Make use of automated timesheets. For some jurisdictions, document-based timesheets are required by law. However, it would be best to store softcopy or automated copies of your timesheet so as to secure the preservation of the data included in there.
- Avoid putting unnecessary designs in your timesheet. Because timesheets are formal documents, you nee to ensure that its professional character is preserved unless you’re making a timesheet for your personal use.