If you’re going to be planning the intricacies of your business every step of the supply chain (a wise idea), don’t forget that procurement itself is something worthy of its own strategy template. Procurement is simply what your company does to get the supplies, services, and resources it needs from independent suppliers and service providers. Every point at which your business interacts with other players in the market place is something to properly monitor. You may also see plan samples.
Procurement Strategic Plan Template
Construction Procurement Strategy Template
Project Procurement Strategy Template
Many details goes into procurement than simply, well, procurement. There is timeline, funding, budget, estimated risks, and projected opportunities, among others. How do you weave all this into a cohesive plan to bring it into reality?
These documents should do the trick. For free, you can download these procurement strategy reports, prepared as PDF guides, analysis reports, and even case studies. You can’t help but learn how to be a wiser business person with these resources.
Basic Procurement Strategy Template
Procurement Commodity Strategy Template
What Goes Into a Procurement Strategy?
If you are like many small businesses just starting out, you would have everything in your plan laid out, from your Sales Strategy to the marketing tactics to your corporate logos and product design teams—and you forget to include procurement. You just assumed you would find what you need when you need it, no strategy required, right?
Wrong. Procurement is a necessary part of your Business Strategy, and all the biggest manufacturers playing the long game understand this.
How do you start?
These documents were put together to help you find your way.
- Running a food company? Whether retailer or manufacturer, procurement is a huge part of your main game. The Procurement Commodity Strategy Template is a case study discussing the ways food companies acquire the ingredients you need.
- If you’re an ecologically responsible company, you deserve great respect. You also deserve a Sustainable Procurement Strategy to help you meet your needs for commodities and utilities while staying environmentally friendly.
- Construction companies in need of the most machinery and resources will do well to study the Construction Procurement Strategy Template, a detailed, multiple-page booklet that covers everything from delivery management to contracting arrangements.
- Everyone else will find it helpful to start with the Basic Procurement Strategy Template for starters.
Whichever you pick, you will notice a focus on the central elements of any procurement strategy:
- An assessment of the current business or project objectives
- The available resources and existing supplies, and what is lacking
- An estimated timeline
- A breakdown of the available budget
Other elements of your strategy may include the decision of whether to procure at all, do procurement outsourcing (where a contractor will do the procurement process for you), or whether you will create the materials you need.
Sustainable Procurement Strategy
Simple Procurement Strategy Template
Copper Procurement Strategy
Corporate Procurement Strategy Template
How to Use These Templates
Our aim is to provide you with all the documents and reference material you can download for free to help you get a leg up on how you plan and manage your business. How you use these free documents is up to you. Download them, study them, and create your own strategy. Or hand printouts to your team and have a brainstorming session. Take advantage of the information that comes your way.
Everything needs strategy. Streamlining your procedures is one thing, and keeping your human workforce up to par with your systems and machines is another. Don’t forget to develop a Training Strategy while you’re at it.