It is a known fact that we are completely different from one another. We were born with different features and talents. Talents that might have been discovered later in life, or a skill that was attained through hard work and determination. Most of the successful people have a great work ethic and use their talent and skills to get them the job they need or create something big. One example is Mark Zuckerberg’s skill in the computer programming that propelled him to create the largest social media website ever. That combination of skill and talent is one for the books. So if you can observe, these two things can literally take us anywhere and can turn us into whatever we want to be for the future. If we put this in the workplace safety, companies should look for these kinds of people because they can help the company’s run towards success and hopefully make it consistent.
So, who can actually search for those best players in the market that can contribute greatly to one company? A particular team in the human resource department has that responsibility. That team is composed of talent acquisition consultants. This article will tell you their specific roles and responsibilities are, and why they are slightly different from the recruiters in the HR department. Stick around because maybe you’ll be able to see yourself as a talent acquisition consultant in the future.
In this section, we will be describing what a talent acquisition specialist is and what makes them slightly different from recruiters. Talent acquisition personnel are responsible for looking and acquiring the right people for a particular long-term job that is difficult to be filled in once it is vacant. These are basically executives, leaders, or specialists in a specific field in the company. Doing this means giving out their time to research and assess potential candidates. This basically means they want to have the best talent in the market for the company’s future in the long run. The following are still some of the duties and responsibilities of a talent acquisition consultant:
1. Improve the Brand’s Message. Talent consultants also serve as advertisers for the company. To get the best out there, they should aim to give the best and most creative message they can make in order to make the top-talents in the market interested in considering and applying to the company. To be able to do this, he or she must communicate with the manager or CEO or the advertising team in agreeing how to advertise their company better without over-stating a particular fact.
2. Making the Job Offer. From job offer letters to job ads on the internet, it is up to the talent consultant to figure out a creative way to attract potential candidates to apply in the company. A simple yet intriguing job description has its effects on the community.
3. Reviewing the Job Applications. This is for the purpose to see and study if an applicant has the potential to do more in the company rather than just for the position he or she applied to. This means that the talent consultant should not be in a hurry when studying and reviewing each potential candidate to avoid missing out on the best and regretting it in the end.
4. Knowing Who to Acquire. One responsibility of a talent consultant is to know which position in the company badly needs to be occupied. They are also responsible for finding persons that may be the perfect fit for a job position that is full but is also failing in terms of productivity.
As you can see, they are similar to what a recruiter usually does. But if you take a closer look, the talent consultants research and look for the best who can work a long term in the company because of the talent and skills one can possess to take the company to new heights.
In order to recruit the best, a talent consultant should also possess the necessary skills to get the best players in the market that would benefit the company greatly in the future. This means that the talent consultant must already have been through many experiences in order to achieve the job description of one talent consultant. If you look at the depth of this work, it is actually hard especially if the skills needed for this position are not yet really well developed. In this part of the article, we will provide you the necessary requirements one should possess to excel in this type of work. So get a pen and paper and take down notes as this will come in handy if you ever decide to take this profession a try in your work life. Here are the requirements:
1. A Degree. The talent consultant should have at least have a degree or certification in human resource management or any other course related to that. This is needed so that one would not have a hard time in adapting to the kind of environment that a human resource personnel would go through. It is also needed so that he already has a background knowledge about subjects that people tackle on HRM.
2. Experienced Recruiter. This means that if you’re applying as a talent consultant, you should already have had experience the recruitment life or being part of a human resource department for a period of time. It would be very difficult if you go straight to the talent consultant position. Start from the bottom because after all, the experience is the best teacher.
3. Decision-Making Skills. A talent consultant should be good in making decisions especially if things do not go as job plan. He or she should always have a backup plan that could still help in recruiting the best for the company. If one gets easily pressured, one would lose control and conflict may arise.
4. Communication Skills. The talent consultant should be sociable and know what to respond to their potential candidates and avoid wrong grammar. Knowing and learning different communication skills is actually a big help in getting the potential candidate to sign with your company.
5. Multi-Tasker. In the fast-paced world, one cannot deny that if someone does two things at a time and still puts quality, that person is one of a kind. It is important that a talent consultant would possess this skill because he does not do one job alone. He should let his creativity flow even if it means doing two things at the same time from creating a brand message to researching for the potential candidates.
6. Time Management. One of the world’s most unstoppable things is time itself. We cannot stop nor reverse it, it just chooses to run always and move on. Since that is a fact, it is wise that a talent consultant should make time for everything he is assigned to do. Multi-tasking is good but at times can be so draining. In order to avoid getting drained too much from loads and loads of project assignments, the talent consultant must know how to manage his or her time right to not only finish a task fast but also keeping the quality good at the same time.
7. Self-Motivation. One cannot appreciate finished work if he had no motivation to complete it in the first place. Motivation is an important factor in every successful person’s life as it is one of the ways that propel the person to finish something despite the odds that are stack up against him. It brings out the desire of one person to achieve and thirst for more challenges that he believes he can conquer.
8. Discerning Selection. It is important that a talent consultant should be careful and keen when choosing the right people for the job. This is for the purpose that the position should be filled by someone who is willing to work long-term in the company. That is why it is important for him to review and assess every potential candidate that passes through him and know how to talk his way in getting the right client to sign with him or her.
9. Computer literacy. The talent consultant should be a master of the basic Microsoft applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and etc. Since times are changing and technology is advancing, it is also the time that people in this position would change and develop their computer literacy.
So that was basically a summary of the duties and responsibilities of a talent acquisition consultant as well as the position’s requirements. If you still want to know more and more about their duties, you can just download the templates we have provided in this article. You will also find their specific requirements. Just remember that the duties and responsibilities will never be fulfilled if you are not motivated enough to complete the tasks at hand. If you think this job is for you then go work for it. You can do this by studying and reading books about this kind of job position. You may also see HR Strategy Template.
As you may have observed, it is a multi-tasking job because it requires you to look for the best. Sometimes looking for the best exhausts you to the point you forget to have time for yourself and get some rest. Use your motivation as a fuel source to keep you going because coffee is not always the best energizer you can take. It is the mental toughness that gets you through a hard day, a hard week, or even a hard year. With all the things that one is assigned to do in this position, motivation is indeed needed. Always. You may also see HR Notice Templates.