A marketing timeline is used to view the chronological order of a company’s or business’ strategies and objectives. Though they have different forms and timeline charts, like the Gantt chart, they all serve the same purpose and have a similar function. This timeline provides everyone with a schedule to adhere.
There’s also a project management timeline, which has the same basic functions of a marketing timeline, but it instead focuses on a specific project. It contains the various details about the project like its star and end date, objectives, and how activities must be performed to stay within the timeline.
How to Write a Marketing and Promotional Timeline Template
Writing a marketing and promotional timeline is a very important move for any business or company. To effectively create them, you’d need templates for both of them. You’d need things like a timeline template in Word and advertising timeline templates. You could also use these tips on how to write one:
- Keep the schedules, like end dates, achievable and realistic.
- Plan every step strategically from design to product viability.
- Track the metrics along the way and evaluate the results.
- Communicate with everyone, both internally and externally, so you could effectively share ideas.
How to Write a Marketing Timeline Template Excel Format
Excel is one of the most effective software to use when it comes to making timelines. This is due to the fact that it has everything that an individual needs to properly make a marketing timeline. You can even make a free timeline template with it and edit a couple of blank timeline templates to suit your needs as well.
To write one in Excel format, you can do the following:
- Download and install an Excel application, if you don’t have it already.
- Open the file in Excel.
- Make changes, if necessary, then click Save as Excel file.
Timeline for Marketing Campaign
10 Essential PR and Marketing Timeline Tips for Your Next Event
Launching a PR and making a marketing timeline are both challenging tasks. A PR is basically the way individuals, companies, and organizations communicate with the general public, via press conferences or other media forms.
If you aim to go public, you will definitely need some career timeline templates, which you could edit and use to describe your career and the objectives you have to everyone.
Also, you can use these 10 essential PR and marketing timeline tips for your next event:
- Choose topics that are aimed at the customers.
- Know the audience you’re targeting and provide them with the content they like.
- Plan a year ahead for your timeline.
- Consult your editorial team, you should have one, about your timeline.
- Maximize and utilize search engine keywords.
- Provide your audience with a way to give you feedback.
- Come up with a social media campaign.
- Notify the media about your upcoming event.
- Get yourself a photographer to capture alluring shots and attract potential audiences.
- Use the power of emails and launch an email marketing campaign.
You might also want to prepare some printable timeline templates because there might be a need to quickly print out a lot of them.