If you’re going to start your own business, then it’s very important that you know the direction in which it should be going. This means that you’ll need to come up with a plan that will tell you what needs to be achieved, what needs to be done to meet them, when they need to be met, and who will be in charge of making doing them. You may also see plan samples.
Sample Two Page Strategic Plan
Two Pages Strategic Plan Example
Information Two Page Strategic Plan
The Differences Between a Two Page Strategic Plan and One Page Strategic Plan
While there is a very obvious difference between the two, there are still other differences that need to be considered. Those will determine which one you should make for your simple business as the two both have their pros and cons.
So here are a couple of differences between the two:
1. Two Page Strategic Plan Goes Into More Detail
While still not as much as a regular strategic plan, a two page sample strategic plan is still able to provide more information as opposed to its one page counterpart. Althugh, you must remember that the two point of it being two pages is still to keep things short, so don’t expect too much detail out of it.
2. The One Page Strategic Plan Gets to the Point Quicker
This is very important for those business owners who want their potential investors to quickly understand what it is they should see in the business’s potential. The strategic plan is a great way of telling investors how much these business owners have put in the thought and time into coming up with their business proposal. Also, there are some investors who may not have the time to go through a more detailed plan, so having it summarised in one page can be very advantageous.
While these two differences are great for helping you decide, you must remember that the one thing similar between the two is that they don’t carry as much information as opposed to regular strategic plans. So take note of the differences and ask yourself which you would rather use for your business. You may also see IT strategy plan templates.
Printable Two Year Strategic Plan
Research and Development Two Page Strategic Plan
How to Create Your Two Page Strategic Plan
Now that you’ve learned a bit about what a two page strategic plan is, the next step for you to take is to actually make one. Although it won’t be as time consuming as making a regular strategic plan, you will still need to place a good amount of thought and effort into making it. Because if you don’t, then you shouldn’t expect it to do anything for the people who decide to go through it. You may also see college strategic plans.
With that being said, here are the things you will need to do in order to create an effective two page strategic plan:
1. Write Down Your Business’s Vision and Mission
When you think of starting up your business, there has to be something you want it to be able to do – a purpose if you might say. Your potential investors and employees will also want to know what this is, meaning that you’ll just have to provide that information in your strategic plan.
So first, you’ll need to start off with your business’s mission. To help you figure that out, all you need to do is answer one question: What is it that you want it to achieve? You’ll need to think of something specific so that you can come up with your mission statement. As you’re doing so, make sure that you explain it as clearly as possible so that everyone who goes through the strategic plan will know exactly what’s being aimed for.
Once you’re done with that, you must then come up with the vision for your business. So how do you see it in a couple of years from now? What kind of success do you expect out of it after the time has passed. These are things that you will need to answer when you’re coming up with your vision statement. By making giving your employees and potential investors your vision for the company’s future, you’re giving them something to look forward to; this is especially important for your employees as you’ll want something to motivate them. You may also see research strategic plans.
2. Write Down Your Business Goals
When you’re done pointing out your business’s mission and vision, the next steps is for you to identify what kind of goals you want your business to be able to achieve. It’s pretty obvious that you would want it to tie in with both the mission and vision, but you’ll still need to be very specific with what it is that you want it to achieve. You may also see HR strategic plans.
They can be goals that you would want out from certain departments or it can be that for the business in its entirety. Just make sure that they’re in line with whatever it is that you want out of your simple business proposal. And much like your visiona and mission, be specific with what these are.
Department of Administrative Services Two Page
Standard Two Page Strategic Plan
3. Do a SWOT Analysis
If you want to know the best course of action that you should take, it’s best that you do a SWOT analysis. What this does is help you determine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that are present within your business venture. The reason as to why you would want to know what these are is because they’re what’s going to help you figure out what it is that you can do and what you should do if you want your business to be successful.
So here are the list of things you should look out for:
- Know Where Your Strengths Lie – The first thing you will need to go over would have to be your business’s strenghts. You can find them in just about any area of your business, but you’ll need to keep a list of what these are. Make sure that these are things which can actually help your business in reaching its goals. Once you know what they are, write them down in your two page strategic plan. You may also see strategic sales plans.
- Figure Out your Weaknesses – Where there are strengths, there are weaknsesses. And just like your strengths, there’s a possiblity that you can find a number of these in the different areas throughout your business. You’ll want to ensure that you’re able to spot them all as you cannot just let these weaknesses persits, they may just do significant damage to your business in the future. So spot them all and find solutions to them as soon as possible. You may also see hospital strategic plans.
- Find Areas of Opportunity – The kind of opportunities you will take will depend entirely on what kind of business you’re opening up, what its goals are, and what strengths it has. All these things should help you determine which opportunities you should take advantage of that will benefit your business in the future. Because if you’re not careful, you might just end up trying to force your business into what you though was a good opportunity, only to realize that it ended up more as an expense rather than a worthwhile investment. You may also see free strategic plan templates.
- Take Care of the Threats – There are always going to be things that may very well threaten your business, meaning that you will need to be able to identify them as soon as possible. These can come from both inside or outside your business so be sure that you check thoroughly. One of the biggest threats that you have to deal with are your competition. You’ll want to get the competitive edge if you want your business to thrive. This means you’ll need to put in time, effort, and even money if you want to gain the information you need. You may also see church strategic plans.
4. Plan the Right Actions and Assing Them to the Right People
Once you’ve done analyzing your business and knowing what its goals are, then you shouldn’t have much of a problem in coming up with your business’s action plan. The actions that need to be taken will be determined by what your business goals are and the results of the SWOT analysis that you’ve conducted. When you’re coming up with these plans, make sure that you give employees enough information in terms of what they have to do. You won’t be able to go into too much detail considering that it’s only a two page strategic plan, but you can at least provide what they’ll need.
Once that’s done, you must assing these actions to the right employees. If you already have those that are capable of handling certain tasks, then appoint them immediately. If you don’t have anyone, then you’ll need to come up with an effective hiring process that will help you get the person that your business needs. Just make sure that you choose the best possible candidate so that whatever you assign him or her to will be done in a way that may just exceed expectations. You may also see business strategic plans.
If you would like to learn about other free strategic plans you can make, then all you have to do is go through our site. It has all the different articles you would need that should be able to help you out. Just make sure that you go through them thoroughly so that you can make effective use of the information they provide.