A press release is the issuance of an official statement regarding a specific event or information to different types of media varying with the target audience of a specific person or company who has approved the dissemination of such.
24+ FREE LEASE Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
It is mostly used to give an idea about a specific occasion or to clear any misunderstandings regarding a specific topic that need the involved person’s disclosure about the matter. You may view our Press Release Template and use it for your next press release processes.
Event Press Release Template in Word
Music Press Release Template
Political Press Release Template
Write with a Thought in Mind
A press release for a specific purpose only comes out once, so you better get it right the first time. You need to be able to compose yourself and fully understand how a press release can affect you and the people involved in any matter that you want to give light into before you give your statement or relay any kind of information.
Necessary Press Release Information
There are actually a lot of items that you may write in your press release, but make sure that they are precise, easy to understand, and direct to the point. Here are a few key points that you need to put in your press release:
- The date when the press release was made
- The specific issue or event that you want to give people an information of
- The event that is to take place and its basic details like the date and time it is to be held
- The purpose on why the press release is written
- The people involved in the said press release
- To whom the press release is mainly intended for
Our Press Release Templates will help you to create yours. All of them are downloadable, editable, and printable, which makes your job of creating your own press release easier.
Book Press Release Template
Team Press Release Template
Importance of a Press Release
Should it be for an event, a press release will help in the following ways:
- It will allow possible attendees to know the information of the event that they will attend to.
- It will help people to prepare for the event in terms of blocking their schedules for the event and choosing what to wear.
- It allows your event to reach a wider market.
- It helps in the promotion of the event hence can greatly affect the sales of your event should there be a fee involved to be able to attend.
If the press release is used to given clarifications in specific issues, it allows the person involved to do the following:
- Clearing all the wrong information that has been presented beforehand
- Being able to speak for him or herself and clarify what truly transpired
- Ability to give accurate information to people waiting for details regarding an issue or a happening
There are a lot of things that a press release can be of use and once you have written a proper press release, it will help you to get more positive attention. Aside from a press release template, we also provide a Release Note Template which you may use as a reference.