8+ Black and Gold Wedding Invitation Template
Here comes that milestone event in every person’s life—their wedding day! Of course, you would want the luxury of celebrating it with your close friends and relatives. There’s no better way of making the event exclusive and intimate other than sending out invitations for the special event. Making personal invitations is always more fun than buying those commodity cards displayed in malls. Have the talent but lack the ideas? This article just might help you create a black and gold wedding invitation template.
Elements of a Good Black and Gold Wedding Invitation
There are a lot of wedding invitations available nowadays with ideas that are overflowing. But regardless of how good your card looks like, there’s more to wedding invites than meets the eye. There are elements that you have to keep in mind when making one. These elements would make your wedding invitation a whole lot more personal and memorable.
1. Invitation card: Invitation cards should never be put away in the traditional wedding invites. The practice of giving out invitation cards has been done for centuries already. Nowadays, couples have the option on what phraseology format to follow. Make sure to never miss out important information to include in the invitation card which includes the names of the wedded couple and their parent’s name, date and time of the wedding, and where it will take place.
2. Reception card: If your reception is taking place at a different location, might as well include an invitation card in your wedding invite. A reception card is a separate invite which will include the place of reception and time. If there is a time gap between the wedding and the ceremony, write it down.
3. RSVP card: Including an RSVP card will help guests to easily send a reply regarding your invite. RSVP cards should be sent back at least 3 weeks before the wedding day to skip the hassle of having too many people and the inconveniences it might cause.
4. Typography: Calligraphy is the latest trend in wedding invites most recently. Make sure to check out other font designs that would fit the theme and the attitudes of the couple. You can use bold and stout fonts for a fun feel, or fonts with curls for an intimate touch.
5. Couple’s photograph: This one is optional, but for those who choose to go over this path, choose that one photo that portrays the couple best. The photo’s color scheme has to strictly match the layout and motif of the wedding invitation.
8+ Black and Gold Wedding Invitations
Black stands for power and elegance, while gold means wealth, prosperity, and grandeur. These colors are a classic choice for wedding invitations. Shown below are a few simple wedding invitation templates that incorporate these colors.
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Template
Wedding Invitation Email Template
Photo Wedding Invitation Template
Golden and Black Wedding Invitation Template
Elegant Wedding Invitation Template
String Lights Wedding Invitation Template
Classy Wedding Invitation Template
Modern Wedding Invitation Template
Steps to Make a Good Wedding Invitation
Making a wedding invitation shouldn’t be hard these days, thank heavens for accessible templates that make the job easier. With the thousands of templates available online, only a few adjustments and edits has to be done in order to successfully make an elegant wedding invitation!
1. Determine your budget: Stick to a budget that you have made for your wedding invitations. This will help you stay focused on figuring out how many invitations to make and how many people you would want to invite.
2. Create a guest list: Before starting off, list down the guests you want to invite. Doing so will help you determine how many wedding invitations you would have to make. With the aid of the attached RSVP, you will have an idea of who is coming and who’s not.
3. Gather and organize: Write down all of the details you want to include in your wedding invitation. Jot down the wordings and the wedding details such as the time and place. Settle on what type of wording would be used, whether it be formal or informal.
4. Choose and edit a template: Making use of available online templates is more convenient than having to go through the details of making one on your own. The embedded templates in the latter section are pre-designed that are compatible with various applications of your choice. Choose a template that will fit the theme of your wedding and incorporate the details. Preview the layout along with the consistency of the wording style.
5. Print your template: Upon saving edited templates in Publisher, it will have a file extension name of .pub. Preview your template and print mock-ups to spare you the trouble of reprinting multiple copies.
Tips to a Great Black and Gold Wedding Invitations
Wedding invitations can be great memorabilia for other people. If you are in the process of making a wedding invite, might as well make it a great one. These are some tips on how to make your invites great.
- Put add-ons: You can make your wedding invitation more personal by putting some add-ons to it. Try to make use of twines, laces, ribbons, or glitter to add more texture and feels.
- Choose a patterned or textured paper: Using these type of papers can add more intimacy to the wedding invitation card. If you’re settling for a patterned paper, make certain that the patterns won’t dominate the typography. They should be balanced.
Types of Wedding Invitation
1. Handwritten Wedding Invitations: This is the classical type of wedding invitation. From the name itself, it’s handwritten on a plain sheet of paper. Handwritten invites, however, are not applicable for big weddings.
2. Contemporary Wedding Invitations: This is far from the classical type of wedding invitations because this type breaks free from the conventional ivory paper that is sized to a standard. Contemporary invitations use fun paper designs and shapes.
3. Engraved Wedding Invitations: This is the most expensive type of wedding invitation. This card does press wordings on a paper, and when the ink dries, it leaves a raised look. Engraved invites are for couples who have a bigger budget.
Sizes of Wedding Invitations
If you want to determine your budget, settle on a wedding invite dimension. It will pressure you to stick to your estimate and will also help you in mailing matters, as some countries have restrictions on size requirements.
- 4 x 6 inches
- 5 x 7 inches
- 5 ¼ x 5 ¼ inches
- 6 ½ x 8 ¾ inches
- 4 x 9 ¼ inches
FAQs about Black and Gold Wedding Invitations
What other colors can you suggest that I use for my wedding invitations?
Aside from black and gold, you can settle for calming colors to use. Pastel colors are a trend nowadays as they create a romantic feel. You can also play around with bright colors to match the happy couple’s personality. Look up the meaning of colors online so you would know what colors to use.
Is it formal to include a menu card and program card?
Absolutely yes, and that is actually a smart move. Including a menu, a card could be a sigh of relief most especially to people who have food restrictions or is a vegetarian. A program card would also be able to give the guests a preview of the program flow and this would be very convenient most especially for those who can’t stay too long
When should I start sending my wedding invites?
You can send it as early as three weeks before your wedding day. This will give the guests ample time to clear out their schedules for that day. As for those who are living far from your city, they get to make some travel reservations since they are early.