By definition, a stencil is usually a thin sheet of material such as paper, plastic, wood, or metal with a series of holes that resembles any design and produces an image once paint or pigment is applied. Stencils can be a great way to make any creative design even if you are not much of a creative person. It is used to draw shapes, symbols, and patterns.
Stencils allow you to create an image with your own personal style, even though you find it usually difficult to sit down with paints and brushes and come up with an image you find satisfying. Here are some high-resolution Photoshop brushes for stencils that can help you and any design aspirant create a masterful piece of art.
4729+ Graphic Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | HTML5 | Publisher | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Stencil Art Brushes
Stencil Vintage Brushes
Photoshop Stencil Brushes
Different Uses of Stencil Brushes
- Replicate the image. With stencils, you can create the image over and over again to create a pattern as you don’t have to worry about making the each of the images different from each other.
- Eliminate problems with proportion. Objects will always be symmetrical as you can replicate the other side of the image by folding the stencil over to the other side. You don’t have to measure or guess its proportion and symmetry as you would do using paint brushes.
- Create perspective. You will be able to create a perspective in your image as you can create multiple stencils and layer them. Objects will be consistent in depth o dimension to show whether they are near or far.
- Saves time. Compared to traditional drawing, the stencil brushes on this page saves you time while ensuring you get a beautiful work of art. You will also be able to produce more images and more projects that can become a good business idea eventually.
Although it can be seen as a simple type of art, the stencil occupies a wide space in design history. In early days, the stencils are used in silk-screen printing and mimeography. As technology advances, it was taken over by the more effective digital printing. But thanks to the subversive art of graffiti, the stencil is back to dirty up creative works.
Stencil Word Brushes
Rose Stencil Photoshop Brushes
How to Use the Stencil Brushes
- Brushes as stencils. The Photoshop brushes on this page can be used as the stencil itself. All you have to do is create the image sing the brush tool, print it and cut out the openings where the paint should be applied.
- Single-layer stencils. Also called silhouette stencils, it allows you to create a complete image with only one stencil. Although they do not offer much opportunity to utilize more than one color, they create an image which appears to be a shadow or silhouette of an object that is great for aesthetic purposes.
- Multiple-layer stencils. Overlay stencils, as they are also called, consists of more than one stencil and allows you to create a rather complete image without gaps unlike the single-layer stencil. This requires more work, though, but the end product is surely something you will not regret.
Depending on your design aesthetic, these stencil brushes features different styles for various artistic and design purpose. Take your pick and don’t forget to check out other Photoshop brushes, such as the myriad graffiti brushes, on our website.