Watercolor is a water-based painting tool that is originally made up of natural-colored pigments mostly derived from animal liquids such as fat or oils and plant extracts.
A watercolor painting is a method of painting that uses watercolor-based painting tools. Its effect usually has fainted outcomes as the pigment of the paint is not so textured and thick compared to another medium, such as oil, as it is more likely to be affected with the water solution.
Watercolor has always been associated with neutrality, and its texture has been a popular design element when aiming for the “natural design” composition. In this digital age, this watercolor texture is no longer a difficult feat as many vector templates and Photoshop brushes are offered in droves on the World Wide Web. Here are Template.net’s offering of 8+ Watercolor Photoshop Brushes that could be used on your next creative project.
High Resolution Watercolor Photoshop Brushes
Watercolor Floral Brushes
Watercolor Stroke Brushes
Grungy Watercolor Brushes
Watercolor Splatter Brushes
Uses of Watercolor Brushes
- Stationary textures. As we all know, crafting has grown in popularity again, and one of the essential tools in crafting are stationery, and it comes with different print designs. If you aim to have the organic feel of your stationery, you can create your own DIY designs by making use of these watercolor brushes.
- Organizer planners. Have you noticed the latest Starbucks planner for this year? Have you seen its texture? It has a watercolor print. If you aim the achieve the same effect, you can also create your own DIY planner covers. To do so, just form your planner cover layout and use these watercolor Photoshop brushes for your textures.
- Invitation cards. If you’re designing an invitation card on a special event, such as hippie-themed parties, then these watercolor brushes can be perfect for your invitation cards.
- Garment and Accessories. When you do a design layout for your spring-themed dresses and accessories such as bags and scarfs, start off by doing a layout of your designs on Photoshop. Use these watercolor brushes for your garments’ and accessories’ designs. Watercolor patterns are the usual designs being used on any spring fashion statements.
- Print Posters. As we all know, watercolor artworks have grown recently, and creating your own poster can be a achievable by using some of these watercolor brushes.
- Web Design Elements. The watercolor Web theme is also popular these days, and achieving such designs can be done when you make a graphic element using these watercolor Photoshop brushes.
- Graphic Design Effects. With these watercolor Photoshop brushes, it is easier to correlate such watercolor effects in any of our graphic design layouts, especially when you aim to create a traditional art theme on your artwork.
High Quality Watercolor Brushes
Handmade Watercolor Brushes
Watercolor Circle Photoshop Brushes
Watercolor Texture Brushes
The advantage of using these watercolor Photoshop brushes is that it makes any watercolor-themed artworks or designs more achievable in a very convenient way, rather than creating it in a traditional way. One more advantage is, it can be modified when you want changes to your design in which was once impossible in traditional painting. The good thing about such brushes is that it will still give the same effect as with the original and traditional method.
For more watercolor-themed brushes, you can also check out these awesome watercolor splatter brushes.