Business marketing comes in many forms and, sometimes, business owners do not even need to do all the legwork. In an age where word of mouth and friend recommendations matters, businesses can capitalize on this phenomenon by making official information about their brands readily available through the use of business media kits.
Read on for more information on how to create and use media kits for your own business. We have also included multiple examples of business media kit templates that anyone may download and edit to match your own brand’s identity designs.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that entrepreneurs who want to stay relevant in their respective industries must advertise their products or services in one way or another. Creating media kits for whatever kind of business you are operating is an example of such a modern marketing strategy. However, in order to dominate your industry or niche, designing thoughtful and compelling business media kits is a necessity.
In the next few paragraphs, we will guide on how to create these kinds of media kit designs by sharing the top elements that can make a media kit design stand out. Study each design characteristic and make sure to incorporate them into your own business media kit designs.
1. Coherent Theme: Choose a design theme that will unite all the design, text, and layout elements used in your business media kit. This means that the color combination, typefaces, and even image effects that you use for the media kit should all help tell one unique story. Repeatedly test out different format combinations until you come up with something that best combines all the design elements without undermining your brand’s vision.
2. Accurate Brand Information and Statistics: Another important element that should be found in a small business media kit, for example, is the accurate depiction of a business’ brand information and financial statistics or milestones. A media kit will not only be available to journalists and other marketers, but they can also be viewed by the public. This is why you need to make sure that this marketing collateral represents your business as truthfully as possible.
3. Brand Identity Designs: Media kits should make it easier for the press or other marketers to feature your business or organization in their articles or reports. That is why they should include your branding identity designs in different file formats, sizes, and versions. This is especially true when creating business media kits that will be posted on a company’s official website. This way, downloadable version of different branding designs like business logos, icons, letterhead designs, flyer designs, etc can easily be obtained online.
4. Business Contact Information: In addition to all the downloadable branding identity designs and business background information, the business contact information should also be prominently featured on these digital and printed marketing materials. Business contact information may include the business’ physical address, the official social media usernames and links, the customer service contact number, the official business email address, and even a link on how to contact the CEO or the company board if needed.
5. Engaging Ad Copy: Perhaps the most important characteristic that a business media kit should embody is the ability to pique a reader’s interest. And that can easily be done by using an engaging and friendly tone on the media kit’s ad copy. Most printable business media kit templates will only include a pre-formatted layout and other formatting elements but will not include a draft on what to say in your media kit content. Pay attention to this element as this is where most business media kits fall through.
And those are the top elements that should be present in a professional media kit for it to successfully act as a marketing collateral and give you positive business results. Play around with your media kit design until you find the right formatting and content combination that you know your clients and customers will love.
As we have mentioned earlier, we have curated some of the best pre-made business media kit templates available online today. Check out each template design and see if the design matches your own and your brand’s image. Most of these templates are available in multiple file formats so that it will be easier and more convenient for you to download and edit at home or at work.
A media kit should be the go-to printed or online page of your brand’s background and business information. This page needs to stand-out and be accessible enough so that other people can easily get information and help spread the word about the business, event, or brand.
In the list below, we will share a few tips that any business owner or marketer can follow to ensure that they are creating excellent media kit designs. Read on…
1. Explore other ways to present your media kit: Designing a stand-out business media kit design is something that every business or organization should aim for when making their own press kits. To get the most positive impressions just from your media kit, try out creating both printed and digital media kits. Or if you decide to focus on only creating one type of media kit, make sure that it follows a unique design.
2. Include a Call-To-Action: Media kits are not all about captivating visuals. The best ones should also include persuasive ad copy and an equally motivating call to action.
3. Proofread: Nothing turns off a reader more than seeing grammar lapses, spelling errors, and graphic design woes. Prevent this by making sure that your business media kit design is proofread and reviewed multiple times before the final copy is printed out or posted online.
4. Use Data Visualization Tools: Business media kits are rich repositories of information about a service, product, or event. And it can easily get too long if you want to squeeze as much information into the kit design. To avoid this, use data visualization tools like graphs, illustrations, flow-charts, and tables instead. They help break up walls of text and, instead, present information in a more visually pleasing way.
The tips shared above is not a complete list. As you get more experience in creating marketing and advertising collaterals for your business, you will learn more tips and tricks along the way. Improve these few tips and you will soon see better responses from people you send your business media kits.
There is no standard agreed upon categorization for business media kits. As long as a media kit is created for a business entity, it is called a business media kit.
On the other hand, business media kits may be classified according to their mode of availability. In this informal classification system, there are two types of business media kits. The first type belongs to company media kits that are printed on paper or high-quality cardstock. The second type of business media kit is those that are posted online and are only available digitally.
Most printed business media kits follow the US legal paper size which is 8.5 inches by 11 inches. However, business owners and marketers still have the option to choose a different paper size depending on their preference. Marketing media kits posted online follow a more flexible size depending on the page or website they are posted on.
A business media kit template is a pre-formatted digital file that contains all the design elements and placeholders needed to create a media kit. Once you purchase a media kit template, you have an option to customize the template yourself or have another person make the edits for you.
Compositing and image editing software programs like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop are commonly used to create business media kit templates. Other software tools like Microsoft Word and Publisher may be used but they will have limited editing functionality.
Business media kits are prepackaged promotional tools usually given to the press, other marketers, and stakeholders so that they will have an idea what your business is. It is best to use them together with a planned print or social media marketing campaign to make it easier for other influencers to gather information about your business, organization, or event.
Creating a business media kit is a lot easier when you have an idea what the media kit creation process looks like. And with the help of all the customizable templates included in this article, we hope that you will start creating a media kit design for your business. More free and premium templates are available on Template.net so make sure to check out other available templates and designs.