When inviting someone to a certain event or any sort of celebration or party, we often give an invitation card or letter. An invitation card or letter can be a formal or informal invite sent by an individual depending on what purpose, but mostly it is because of events or parties. Invitation cards will often be sent in advance in order to give the guest a time to plan ahead.You may also see formal invitation template
They can be in different styles and patterns. Some invitation designs come in lavish designs. So for those who would like to have an outstanding invitation card, something that is perfect for any occasion, our printable free invitation cards are the ones you’re looking for. There are numerous options for you to select, and all are downloadable. Below are templates you might like to download. Anniversary Invitation Cards are also available in case you’re looking for cards like these.
Award Invitation Card Template
Restaurant Invitation Card Template
Golf Invitation Card Template
Funeral Program Invitation Card
Farewell Invitation Card Template
Farewell Party Invitation Card Template
Simple Wedding Invitation Card Template
VIP Invitation Card Template
Sample Wedding Invitation Card Template
Cocktail Party Invitation Template
Creative Naming Invitation Template
Disney Invitation Template
Email Lunch Invitation Template
Invitation Card Template
Business Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Birthday Invitation Card Template
Floral Bridal Shower Invitation Card Template
Bachelorette Party Invitation Card Template
Watercolor Wedding Invitation Card Template
BBQ Party Invitation Card Template
Bowling Party Invitation Card Template
Debut Invitation Card Template
Farewell Invitation Card Template
Housewarming Invitation Card Template
Engagement Invitation Card Template
Baptism Invitation Card Template
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Business Anniversary Invitation Card
Birthday Invitation Cards
Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation Card
Ceremony Invitation Cards
Invitation Card for a Award Giving Ceremony
House Warming Ceremony Invitation Card
Opening Ceremony Invitation Card
Dinner Invitation Cards
Engagement Invitation Cards
Engagement Ceremony Invitation Card
Animated Engagement Invitation Card
DIY Engagement Invitation Card
Personalized Engagement Invitation Card
Why Invitations Matter
In each event, regardless if it’s a wedding, birthday party, organization commemoration party, baby shower party, Christmas gathering, and any other events, they have one thing in common: an invitation card. Invitation cards are customarily prepared to inform the intended guests that you are inviting them to join you on a special day of your life. This is a huge reason why invitations play a very important role when throwing any occasion.
Where Did Invitation Cards Come From?
The historical backdrop of the invitation card goes back in significant ways. It has a long history and adds to the evolution of invitations that we know today. Invitations were used for only social events by the nobility in England and France starting in or around the eighteenth century.
Rulers, queens, ladies, lords, dukes, duchesses, or as we know them today as high society, would be the only ones who used such a thing. They would send out handwritten announcements of an event or party to members of the same group. These would usually be written by the lady, butler, or the secretary.
Calligraphy was the elegant way of showing that they were well educated. This is how each invitation was written. Calligraphy showed perfect penmanship, but by today’s standards, it is considered a work of art. Invitations were still delivered by hand and on horseback; however, due to the unreliability of the nascent postal system. A double envelope was used to protect the invitation from damage en route to its recipient. This tradition remains today, despite advances in postal reliability.
Why Invitations Are Important in Every Occasion
There is no denying that we live in a world where almost everything is done technologically—Facebook, Twitter, email, instant messenger, to name just a few—but what does this mean for invitations? That keyed-up feeling we get when finding an actual, physical invitation on our doormat is precisely quite heartwarming and entrancing. We have this feeling of excitement when opening the envelope, feeling the paper, reading every last word, and then proudly displaying it on the counter. It somehow acts as a little reminder of something to look forward to. You can hardly say the same thing for an instant message or e-mail, can you?
Traditionally, invitations are mailed in double envelopes. The inner envelope may be lined but not gummed and fits into the outer envelope. The outer envelope is gummed for sealing and addressing. More recently, the inner envelope is often left out in the interest of saving money, paper, and postage. In some cases, a pocketfold takes the place of an inner envelope.
Design and Printing
Commercial invitations are generally printed using one of the following methods: engraving, lithography, thermography, letterpress printing, sometimes blind embossing, compression plate process, or offset printing. More recently, many do-it-yourself occasion planners are printing on their home computers using a laser printer or inkjet printer. For the artistically inclined, they can be handmade or written in calligraphy. Modern invitation design follows fashion trends.
Invitations are generally chosen to match people’s personal preferences, the level of formality of the event, and any color scheme or planned theme. An invitation card is typically a note card, folded in half, or perhaps French folded (folded twice, into quarters). Other options include a sheet of paper, a tri-fold, or a trendy pocket-fold design. The right paper density depends on the design but typically ranges from heavy paper to very stiff card stock.
Graduation Invitation Cards
Handmade Invitation Cards
Handmade Engagement Invitation Card
Wedding Invitation Cards
Corporate Anniversary Invitation Card
Business Anniversary Invitation Card
Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Photo Invitation Cards
Steps on how to make your own invitation card
Nowadays, though there are various downloadable invitation examples on the web, there are still those who prefer to create one by hand. They don’t really mind the tedious activity or the length of time they consume as long as they were able to exert effort and enhance more of their creativity. For those people who opt to make their own invitation cards, follow these steps:
- Consider about the color scheme. The colors you decide for your invitations are regularly dictated by the event itself. For instance, a birthday party welcome might be done in the honoree’s most loved colors or be related to the theme of the occasion. If you’re sending invitations for the benefit of another person, make certain to consult with them about color preferences. The quantity of colors you utilize may affect the final cost of your invitations. Acquiring paper in different hues or outlines or imprinting in colored ink versus dark colors can add a bit to your cost, so remember that.
- Choose your content. You have to incorporate fundamental information on your invitations so that everyone touches base at the right time, on the correct day, and at the right place. Make certain you’ve affirmed every one of your arrangements with respect to time, date, and place before you take a seat to make your invitations.
- Consider extra information. You may need to incorporate, for example, a contact or RSVP telephone number, guidelines about clothing or gifts, headings, or potentially a guide and a web address (on the off chance that you’ve made one for the event). A few occasions, for example, weddings, frequently incorporate different occasions—rehearsal dinner, post-wedding day early lunch, and so forth. Make certain all the details about auxiliary occasions has been chosen and affirmed.
- Settle on size. The two greatest considerations with regard to size are looking for envelopes and postage costs. Make a visit to your nearby stationery or art supply store to take a look at the choices and contact or visit the site of the delivery service in your general area. A-style envelopes are the most widely recognized style of envelopes. They come in a range of sizes, and their numeric assignment relates to set measurements.
- Print out your invitation content. To wind up with the right size insertion, it makes sense to first print out the content for your invitation. When you perceive how much length and width you require for a content box, you can work once again from that point to touch base at the completed sizes of your backing paper(s).
- Cut your paper. The amount of your backing paper relies on what size you cut each layer. You can standardize your cuts so that, for instance, a half-inch border of each backing paper shows or you can make diverse size borders and permit varying amounts of several papers to appear along the edges of your invitation.
- Add decorative elements. Once all your layers are glued in place and completely dry, you can add some decorative elements if you’d like. In the event that you’ve utilized more than three layers or bold paper designs, you may not want to add anything else at this point. However, if you think an additional element may complete the invitation, go ahead and put one in place.
In order to achieve your desired invitation card, just check these steps. But if you’d rather try the modern way, to save yourself from the exhausting cut-paste-decorate process, why not use the templates instead? That way, you will have more time to do other necessary planning in your event. Our Invitation Card Examples are available for download, but not just that, we also have Invitation Card Templates and Invitation Cards in PSD that are all ready made just for you.
Retirement Invitation Cards
Traditional Invitation Cards
Traditional Wedding Invitation Card
Traditional Engagement Invitation Card
DIY Wedding Invitation Card
DIY Bridesmaid Invitation Card
DIY Engagement Invitation Card
Formal Invitation Cards
Classes of Invitation
Invitation letters can be in different types. Depending on what occasion you are planning to hold, each has a corresponding invitation letter or card. Below are widely used types of invitation.
- Digital invitations. These days, almost all the things we do are done digitally. Similar can be said for invitations. Computerized invitations can spare resources, like paper and stamps, and give a quick mean to deliver a message over. These are generally essential if you are planning an event and you don’t have the luxury of time to mail the invitations or send them personally.
- For business events. The business invitation letters are utilized to invite customers or stakeholders to a business-related occasion. It can be a super sale on the business’s services or items, an open house for a new office or store, or some other event that involves the business. An interoffice business invitation letter is used to invite employees to a company gathering such as the annual office party or a corporate management seminar. This type of invitation letters follows similar format as other business letters, with a formal salutation, the body of the letter, and a formal closing.
- Wedding invitations. There are some celebrations need formal invitations and a wedding is one of best examples. Wedding invitations can be acquired in a variety of colors, styles, and preferences. They range in cost from the basic one to the extreme one depending on your choice of paper and plan. Wedding Invitations are sent through the mail; however, they can be hand delivered. They incorporate details on where and when the wedding and the gathering will be held and add a note to RSVP.
- Handwritten invitations. They are normally enough for small, private affairs where the list of people to attend is under fifty. Best cases of these include ceremonies, private gatherings, and small dinner parties. This kind of Invitation takes more time and dedication so they are not most appropriate for bigger gatherings. They are usually handwritten invitations on pretty pieces of stationery or plain white paper. Select a passage from a famous author or make up your own slogan to add as an introduction into the invite.
- Other. Other types of invitation letters include those that invite someone to do something, such as a guest speaker at a meeting or engagement, accept employment, or another type of event.
These invitations will not be possible enough if there are no plans or actions. Aside from the steps on how to make invitation cards, there are people who still prefer to make them in a much easier and faster way. When it comes to precreated invitations, templates are the best choice. Since contents are already added, all you need to do is a simple modification.
What’s Up on Our Sleeve!
We offer a variety of downloadable invitation templates with awesome designs. Some of them are even DIY-style invitations for a more personalized look. Others contain edgy and state-of-the-art designs that will surely catch your attention. Whatever it is that you want, whether if it’s a template, patterns, icons, logos—you name it—we’ve go you covered.
All these invitation samples are ready to be downloaded. Not just that, all of these come in editable formats, which means you can modify them if you want. You can change the font style, add more details, or change the design. You can do what you want. All of these can be printed easily too! So if you want to make your event extra special, download these invitation templates now.