Greeting cards are card stocks that happen to be illustrated or decorated to celebrate a special occasion or express affection. Normally packaged in envelopes, They come in several variations and are both made by hand and mass-produced.
Whether it is to celebrate Independence Day, World Peace Day, or a birthday, you’ll find that there are several events that call for a greeting card or two. Due to their inexpensive nature, you should have no problem either buying this or making them yourself.
88+ Greeting Card Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Elements of a Good Greeting Card
When creating your own greeting cards, it is essential to have the following elements:
- Standard Physical Dimensions: Cards than to be printed optimally at a 10” x 7” size. If folded, the size would be 5” x 7” for portrait, or 7” x 5” for landscape.
- Artwork and Photography: Few things can make custom greeting cards better than the use of your own artwork or photography. This ensures more originality and will reflect better on you as a whole.
- Typography and Textual Content: This would be your opportunity to make a message that is relevant for your targeted audience. Also, think of a typeface that also makes your custom greeting card template look unique.
- Enhanced Printing Effects that are Environmentally Friendly: Cards that are designed using extra spot varnishes or spot colors tend to add more to its production costs. Despite that, they do add a lot more overall impact.
10 Greeting Card Templates
When it comes to high-quality greeting card templates, these are the options that you can’t go wrong with. Take a look at each one and see if they are what you are looking for.
World Heart Day Greeting Card
International Peace Day Greeting Card
World Peace Day Greeting Card
15th August Independence Day
World Elephant Day Card
Indian Independence Day
World Yoga Day Greeting Card Template
Happy Independence Day
Printable Valentine’s Day Greeting Card
Happy Valentine’s Day Greeting Card
Simple Steps & Tips for Designing Excellent Greeting Cards
For those who are trying to create their own greeting cards, below are the necessary steps that you will need to take in order to accomplish your goal.
- Select your greeting card template: Get the right template that you want or need. This will start things off well for your designing efforts.
- Select a theme: Your card needs to have a theme, especially if it is intended for certain occasions. It will also help in guiding you regarding what kind of texts or graphics to put.
- Set up the design file: Once a theme has been chosen, you can start collecting graphics and setting up the design file.
- Arrange all the graphics and text: With your graphics gathered, you may arrange them as you see fit on your template. Use easy-to-read fonts and keep the original theme in mind.
- Proof and print it out: After doing all that, you may take it to a print shop. Professional services are most likely to not only get you the best results, but they will have their own proofing service as well.
Types of Greeting Cards
When it comes to the types of greeting card examples, there are two primary versions that you may want to look into.
- Folded Greeting Cards: These are generally regarded as being the more traditional type. Being able to unfold the card can also lend an element of surprise, which is great for creating more special moments.
- Flat Greeting Cards: These are the cheaper variety and has only half of its folded counterpart’s space. Most use this to share artwork or pictures.
Sizes of Greeting Cards
As far as the sizes are concerned, cited below are the selections that you are going to encounter.
Greeting Card A0 – 84.1 x 118.9 cm
Greeting Card A1 – 59.4 x 84.1 cm
Greeting Card A2 – 42 x 59.4 cm
Greeting Card A3 – 29.7 x 42 cm
Greeting Card A4 – 21 x 29.7 cm
Greeting Card A5 – 14.8 x 10.5 cm
Greeting Card A6 – 10.5 x 14.8 cm
Greeting Card A7 – 7.4 x 10.5 cm
Greeting Card A8 – 5.2 x 7.4 cm
Greeting Card A9 – 3.7 x 5.2 cm
Greeting Card A10 – 2.6 x 3.7 cm
Greeting Card Types and Sizes
Greeting Card FAQs
What are the formats available for these greeting card templates?
These templates can be downloaded in Adobe Photoshop as its sole supported format.
Can I add my own logo or photo on these greeting card templates?
Yes, you can. These templates are designed to be customizable and easy to edit for your own needs.
Is it possible to edit font fonts?
Yes. Note that each zip file possesses its own font files; just install said files in the respective software so you can edit the downloaded template.
Template.net is home to high-quality greeting card templates, as well as other items that can help you in creating your business’ brand identity and in standardizing the business. Through the free downloads, you can create bigger, better, and faster business processes.