Greeting people has drastically changed over time, from verbally speaking it to writing it to even greeting someone from our social media accounts. But nothing else speaks sincerity in volumes than sending a greeting card to that special person. While digital greeting cards are more convenient nowadays, it’s always more personal to send a printed greeting card.
With everything around us moving at full speed, it gets difficult to find time for leisure. Luckily, making and sending a greeting card shouldn’t be so hard now with the help of online greeting card templates. Making use of these templates will make it easier for you to personalize your greeting card. For a company’s advantage, using these templates would lighten the task of having to make and send out these cards to a hundred employees.
Before starting off to make your greeting card, here are some elements that you ought to put in mind. Greeting cards should be more than just the message inside, you can always enhance it with the help of these elements. Here are a few:
1. Front Cover: The conventional greeting card has four panels. The front cover of your greeting card is the very first thing that the receiver will see. Putting in an illustration, a text, or both will determine the impression it will instigate. If you consider putting in a photo, it is advised to put in a personally taken photo than one that is taken online as the resolution of these photos are usually low in quality. If you want to use online photos, try to use stock photos or websites that generate clip arts.
2. Typography: The typography of your card is something that should be different from those greeting cards are store displays. Try to determine what is the purpose of your greeting card and who will receive it. If it’s for something professional, apply minimalist typography. If it’s for a close friend, relative, or something casual, you can always play around with the fonts. Make sure that the typeface is relevant to the theme of the card.
3. Personal Message: As wonderful and well designed the front cover is, nothing should beat the inside message of the card. Making the inside message personal will always be more sincere than a generated one. Take the time to pour out your heart’s content and get more honest with your greeting card. Your inside message should evoke emotions to the reader in order to make the card memorable.
Now that we have walked through the essential and basic elements in a typical greeting card, here are some greeting card templates that we have gathered for you. You can use these templates to your convenience depending on what type of greeting card you would want to create.
After looking through these greeting card templates, let’s move on to the next part—making one. The steps to making a good greeting card shouldn’t be hard, but these steps are necessary to follow.
1. Open your Microsoft Publisher application: The above greeting card templates can be created using the Microsoft Publisher application. To edit your template with this app, these are the steps to be followed:
2. Make sure the elements are being applied: Check if the front cover is striking enough. Make sure to use images with high resolution and that the typeface is consistent throughout the greeting card. Edit the inside message and make it more personal most especially if you are sending it to a specific person. As for company greeting cards, the inside message may be general, but make sure to grammar check the content for professionalism purposes.
3. Print the greeting card using a high-quality paper: If you want your greeting cards to be more special, you have to invest in it by using high- quality papers to print your card to. Use inkjet printers as they are more preferred in printing cards. Glossy finish papers can only be printed on one side but are more suitable for cards with photos. Matte finish papers can be printed on both sides but thicker kinds of these paper can be candidates for paper jams.
Nobody would want to receive a mediocre greeting card. Your greeting card’s aim would be to stir up emotion to the receiver. Listed below are some tips you might want to consider to have a great greeting card.
No greeting card is the same with each other. Even Hallmark themselves produce uncountable numbers of greeting cards daily. Greeting cards have different type depending on their purpose. Bulleted below are the different types.
1. Personal Greeting Cards: These cards are made for a specific person, usually for a family member, a relative, a lover, or a close friend. Personal greeting cards are more sincere and honest among the other types. The inside message is written by the person with a personal message to the receiver. Some examples are:
2. Holiday Greeting Cards: These cards are made for special days of the month where we celebrate something specific. The inside messages of these cards are a mixture of personal messages and generic messages. Here are some examples of holiday greeting cards:
3. Business Card: Businesses often use these cards to connect with their customers in a professional way. These cards often convey a sense of gratitude for their customer’s patronage to their services and brand. Business cards are often the same for all customers and are sent out personally or displayed in racks for customers to pick up.
Greeting cards literally can be made and produced in any size. There is no rule of thumb for this. However, there are different sizes made available for reference and it’s listed below.
Technically, everything you need to know in order to make a greeting card is already mentioned above. Below are a few of the most commonly asked question regarding greeting cards. However, if the questions you have in mind are not answered in this article, please feel free to have personal research on the matter.
A publisher is a computer application that helps you edit templates online and offline. Any template edited is Publisher is pre-formatted with all the elements needed when designing a greeting card. When saved, these templates will have a .PUB extension file name.
Making a DIY greeting card sounds fun if you have a lot of spare time in your hands. Using online templates are an option for busy people who want an easier and more convenient way to make their greeting cards. These templates are pre-designed and will only need a few editing to get created. Taking advantage of these templates are most advisable for companies as these templates are made by graphic artists and can be edited to fit their preferences and liking while retaining the professionalism of the simple greeting card.