Invitations are widely used today to request for someone’s attendance to a specific event. Invitations today can also be given either by sending an email or by sending them through the mail as a physical copy. Invitations also signify formality in inviting someone to your event as well.
Here, we share some invitation card templates you can use a basis to make your own designs or use these templates to create your invitation cards. We also give you a brief description for some invitations and where you can use them for. We also share what an invitation should contain to properly create your invitation. You can also check out our website for farewell party invitations.
Kitty Party Invitation Card Template
Bridal Shower invitation Postcard Template
BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Card Template
Golf Invitation Card Template
Funeral Program Invitation Card
Corporate Party Invitation Card Template
Ramadan Invitation Card Template
Beach Wedding Invitation Card Template
Invitation Card Template
Business Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Event Invitation Card Template
60th Birthday Invitation Card Template
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Annual Meeting Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Baby Shower Invitation Card Template
Bachelorette Party Invitation Card Template
Floral Baptism Invitation Card Template
Barbecue Party Invitation Card Template
Editable Birthday Invitation Card Template
Chalkboard Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Classic Debut invitation Card Template
Wedding Dinner Invitation Card Template
Black Engagement Invitation Card Template
Baseball Invitation Photoshop Template
Corporate Event Invitation Illustrator Template
Simple Annual Conference Invitation Template
Movie Night Invitation Template in iPages
Baby Shower Invitation InDesign Template
Birthday Breakfast Invitation Template in Word
Wedding Invitation Cards in PSD
Creative Wedding Invitation Card
Diamond Wedding Invitation Card
Editable Wedding Invitation Card
Golden Wedding Invitation Card
Birthday Invitation Cards in PSD
Belated Birthday Invitation Card
Free Frozen Birthday Invitation Card
Girl Birthday Invitation Card
Anniversary Invitation Cards
25th Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Business Anniversary Invitation Card
Church Anniversary Invitation Card
Death Anniversary Invitation Card
Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Boy Baby Shower Invitation Card
Diaper Baby Shower Invitation Card
Church Invitation Cards
Church Invitation Card in PSD
Church Service Invitation Card
What Is An Invitation?
Invitations are written requests you can use to ask for someone’s presence for an event. Invitations have been used over time to invite people and have also been used as tickets for entry to an event. Invitations are used as tickets to show proof that you have been formally invited by the host.
Below are a few invitation examples you can use as a basis to create your own design or download these templates for you to use right away. You can also use these templates and add your own designs to make an, even more, creative invitation. Here are some invitation examples included on our list:
- Church Invitation Cards – These types of invitations are commonly used for church and community-related activities. These designs have basic to advanced decorations, borderlines, and overlays. Most church invitation designs, however, are more simple and formal.
- Wedding Anniversary Invitation Cards – You can use this invitation design to create wedding invitations. These types of designs also have basic to advanced decorations making the invitations look creative and enticing as much as possible. Fonts used are also stylish and creative for the invitation to have more appeal.
- Birthday Invitation Cards – These types of invitations are used in birthday parties. The designs for this invitation will depend on who will be celebrating their birthday. They can be made as formal designs which most adults are using, or you can be creative with them. Some adults prefer to have creative and attractive invitations for it to have more appeal. Invitations for children have a bright feel for their invitations. Designs for this may contain a lot of decorations and different fonts.
- Dinner Party Invitation Cards – These invitation designs are commonly used for dinner parties. The designs may be formal or creative depending on the theme of the party. Designs may also contain basic to advanced decorations to make them look more attractive.
- Baptism Photo Invitation Cards – These types of invitations are commonly used for baptisms. The designs these invitations may contain are usually in a white color but can be altered if you want to. Font colors and styles are usually in a script font and in a gold or silver embossed color. Baptisms invitations sometimes have pictures of the newborn to indicate the celebrant in the invitation.
- Formal Business Invitation Cards – You can use this invitation design if you want to invite someone for a business conference or meetings. The designs these types of templates may contain are simple to clearly indicate the details for the specific event. These are also commonly sent through emails since most people who will be attending are people from different companies and commonly access their emails.
These examples are the commonly used designs for different holidays and events. You can incorporate your own designs as well for them to have more appeal. All examples for this article can be found in or website, as well as destination wedding invitations and burlap wedding invitations if you want to focus more on making wedding invitations.
Advantages of Making Invitations
There are certain advantages of being able to create your own invitations, and here are some of these advantages:
- Create your own design. Being able to create your designs will let you use your imagination and help you make creative invitations. Using templates as your guide or your foundation will also help you improve on making attractive invitations and help you finish quickly.
- Save as PSD files. Being able to use the templates and create your own designs will help you save your work as PSD files and continue your work on other devices. This also helps you work while traveling as your main device for editing may not be portable.
Though all of our templates and guides in our website are for free, check the links for any download restrictions that some publishers or authors may have placed.
Dinner Invitation Cards
Dinner and Dancing Invitation Card
Dinner Party Invitation Card
Gala Dinner Invitation Card
Event Dinner Invitation Card
Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Card
Engagement Invitation Cards
Engagement Invitation Card in PSD
Blank Wedding Invitation Card
Engagement Rings Invitation Card
Unique Engagement Invitation Card
Graduation Invitation Cards
College Graduation Invitation Card
High School Graduation Invitation Card
Kindergarten Graduation Day Invitation Card
Graduation Invitation Name Card
University Graduation Invitation Card
Photo Invitation Cards
Photo Collage Invitation Card
Happy Birthday Invitation Card
Photoshop Wedding Invitation Card
First Holy Communion Invitation Card with Photo
What Should an Invitation Contain?
It is essential that you know what details you should place in your invitations to give accurate information for your guests who my attend your event. Below are some details which an invitation should have to give as much information as possible:
- Title – Your invitations should have a title as it also sets the theme for your event. Having a title also makes your invitation look formal as well. Titles will give your guests an idea of the things that may happen in your event.
- Location – It is very important to indicate the location of your venue. You can add landmarks and maps for your venue to give directions to your guests in going to your venue. If you plan to send your invitations through email, you can include a map of the place by providing Google map links in your invitations.
- Date – You should also include the date in your invitations to give your guests an idea on when your event will be. You will also have to include the time your event will start and end to give your guests an idea of the time frame for the whole party. Placing time frames in your invitations will help you prevent guests from arriving at different parts of your program. It is also advisable for you to place the program’s schedule to help inform your guests of the activities that may happen and provide them with time frames for each activity.
- Design – It is very important to be able to provide creative and attractive designs to entice your guests to attend your event. When making designs for your invitation, always make sure that your design matches with the title of your designs.
- RSVP section – Your invitations will also need to have RSVP sections for your guests to confirm if they can come or not. By being informed of the number of guests coming, you can estimate how much food and beverages and seatings to prepare for your event. Guests or participants will also be able to call in for any concerns they might have before the event itself. This will save you and your guests time and help you attend to any concerns earlier and solve them right away.
- Details – You should be able to place the details about your event like the theme or give a brief summary to why a specific event is being held. Details should also include a brief summary about the program and if there are any speakers you can place a brief description about them as well.
Being able to have accurate information in your invitations is important to keep your guests well informed about your event as well as save them the hassle of asking too many questions that may also waste your time. If you need more templates or information about invitation, you can always check out our website. We also provide other invitation templates like Disney wedding invitation templates and calligraphy wedding invitations on our website.
Reception Invitation Cards
Post Wedding Reception Invitation Card
Cocktail Reception Invitation Card
Formal Invitation Cards
Formal Business Invitation Card
Formal Breakfast Invitation Card
Formal Invitation Card Design
Vintage Invitation Cards
Vintage Circus Invitation Card
Blank Vintage Floral Invitation Card
Vintage Garden Party Invitation Card
Vintage Themed Invitation Card
Vintage Halloween Invitation Card
Blank Invitation Cards
Blank Flat Invitation Card
Blank Folded Invitation Card
Blank Square Invitation Card
Target Blank Invitation Card
Bridal Shower Invitation Cards
Beach Theme Bridal Shower Invitation Wording
Country Bridal Shower Invitation Card
Glittering Bridal Shower Invitation Card
Love Birds Bridal Shower Invitation Card
DIY Invitation Cards
DIY Pop Up Invitation Card
DIY Chalkboard Wedding Invitation Card
DIY Gatefold Invitation Card
Ways to Send Your Invitations
There are different ways to send your invitations quickly if you want to. One way of sending invitations is through emails. Emails is one of the most common sources to use in sending your invitations, as you can send them at any time and at a fast pace as well. As long as you have the correct email addresses to send your invitations to, then there will be no issues in sending your invitations.
Another way of sending invitations is through mail. You can send your invitations through mail if your guests do not have any access to emails or have internet connection. If you plan to send your invitations through mail, it would be advisable as soon as they are ready for your guests to receive them right away and give you your reply as well.
You can also send your invitations through asking your friends. You can always ask a friend to give your invitation to your guest, especially if your friend and guest also know each other. This only happens if you do not have the time to give your invitation personally and if your friend knows your guest. This is also a least used method as it is informal and can only be done if you, your friend, and your guest know each other.
Making Invitation Designs
There are two methods of being able to make your own designs for your invitation. One method is asking a designer to make one for you and the other method is designing one yourself. There are some factors to consider when choosing a designer. Some factor to consider include the following:
- Price – You will have to consider the designer’s price depending, on your overall designs. If you think that the designer’s price is too high for a simple design, you can always negotiate to lower down the price. By negotiating, you can lower your price and save more time and money as well.
- Skills – You will also need to consider your designer’s skills whether or not if he or she has great attention to detail and knows how to follow your instructions. The designer’s skill will also be a basis on the price he or she is giving you to make your designs. You can always have a look at their portfolio to check on how creative they can be as well.
- Time frame – Designers being able to submit the artwork on time is very crucial because you are catching up on finishing all your preparations for your event and your guests need to know about your event as soon as possible. You should be able to inform your designer of strict time compliance to submit a trial design and the final proof.
You can also check out our website if you need more sources and templates to make creative invitations for all events. Our website also offers different tips on when to apply the different types of invitations and what they are commonly used for. Be sure to check the download links as well for any restrictions made for such templates. You can check out our website for some housewarming party invitations and bridal party invitations.