Whether you are an entrepreneur or a club president, you and your team need to come up with creative ways to keep your organization or your customers engaged with your business or your club’s purpose. One way to effectively do that is by implementing a membership system and the subsequent use of membership cards.
In this article, we will discuss what membership cards are, how to create them, and how to integrate them into your respective organization or business plans. Also included in this article are multiple examples of membership card templates that anyone may download and use.
Elements of A Good Membership Card
The key to creating membership cards that stand out lies in understanding the core elements that make such card design work. We have listed these key elements below. Find out what they are and make sure that you incorporate them into your card-making process later on.
- Visual hierarchy: This is the first element or characteristic that should be found in any membership card design. Having good visual hierarchy means that you give priority to certain elements of your design and make them appear bigger or larger so that they will be noticed first. In a membership card, the most important design elements should be the member data or information and/or the member’s photo. When you design a membership card, make sure that the things are created emphasized.
- Security features: Another important element for any membership or ID card is the set of security features used in them. For instance, you may add the member’s registration numbers, birth dates, or even include bar codes and other more advanced security features. Doing this also helps prevent identity theft and helps elevate the status of the membership card and your organization as well.
- Text: Just like other kinds of card designs, the specific wording or text used on your membership card can influence its credibility. So if you are creating a membership card, make sure that it contains only the most relevant text or pieces of information. This helps streamline the amount of information shared on the card and it can also help create an elegant and minimalist look for your card design.
- Photo: Another important element that should be taken into consideration when creating a membership card is the inclusion of a photo. Some organizations or clubs may require member photos since these cards are also used as ID cards. However, if your membership card is only used as a paper trail, requiring member photos may not be necessary.
- Branding Elements: This is another element that should be seen in any membership card design. To illustrate, if you are creating a fan club membership card, incorporating the official logo design of your organization can help boost the card’s and your organization’s credibility. If you are already running a reputable club, group, or organization, you can further extend this reputation by using the same branding design elements on your membership cards.
And those are the top elements needed for a membership card design to stand out. Take note of each element and you will be on your way into creating remarkable membership card designs.
10+ Membership Card Templates
Check out all the printable membership card templates embedded below. Choose a design that you like or one that best suits the organization you are working for.
Amazing Membership Card Template
Club Member Card Sample
Club VIP Membership Card Design
Fan Club Membership Card Example
Membership Card Design
VIP Membership Card Template
Gold Membership Card Template
Golden Membership Card Design Sample
Official Lifetime Membership Card Template
VIP Member Card Design
Steps To Designing A Good Membership Card
Sometimes, it is hard to get started on graphic design projects since they require a lot of planning. This is in addition to thinking up of all the creative elements you need to include on the design. But fret not. When it comes to creating membership cards, we got you covered.
In the list below, we will enumerate all the different steps that anyone can follow just to create a membership card design. On top of that, we guarantee that by following these set of steps, you will be creating an excellent card design that your organization or club members will be proud of using.
1. Gather all materials: The first step is often the biggest hurdle in any design project. But to simplify the entire preparation process, we suggest that you first gather or jot down all the pieces of information or data that you want to include in your membership card. For example, you may ask for the name, address, birth date, designation, and contact information of each of your members. Once you have gathered all those information, it is time type them on a notepad or other note-taking apps.
2. Decide on a card layout: The next step is to determine how you want to arrange all the visual elements that will be included in your membership card design. For example, you may choose to follow a vertical layout or you may use the traditional horizontal card layout.
3. Choose a theme or color scheme: The next step is to decide on what specific theme or color scheme you want to choose for your membership card designs. This theme should closely match your organization’s or club’s goals or purpose. This way, it will become easier to associate your organization and your members with each other through the use of a uniform membership card design. For example, you may choose an elegant card theme and create a gold membership card design.
4. Combine all design elements on a digital template: Once steps 1 to 3 are completed, it is time to open up your preferred graphic design software program and begin combining all these design elements. It is in this step where you have to apply your editing and design compositing skills. Always keep your design theme in mind during this stage of the creation process. This way, you can be assured that your final design complements your organization’s core goal.
5. Or, you may use a pre-made membership card template: Aside from creating a membership card design from scratch on your own, you have the option to use any printable membership card template instead. Using these pre-made templates will allow you to edit the templates according to your personal preferences or business needs.
6: Finalize the template design: Whatever membership card creation method you chose at the beginning of this process, it is now time to finalize your card design choices. Check for spelling and grammar errors or review for layout inconsistencies. Once all that is out of the way, it is time to proceed to the next step.
7. Get ready to print out your membership cards: If you are only printing out a few membership cards, you may do so using your home or office printer. However, if you wish to incorporate advanced security features or other more elaborate printing techniques, you may have the card template file printed at a professional ID printing shop.
And that ends this short guide on how to design your own membership card template. Feel free to change up the steps as you see fit. What is important is that you enjoy the entire membership card creation process.
Types of Membership Cards
There is no official or standard categorization system for membership cards. However, membership cards can be classified according to the purpose of the card itself. For example, there can be VIP member cards and there can be lifetime membership cards.
Membership Card Sizes
Most membership cards follow the standard business card size which is 2 inches by 3.5 inches. Some organizations or businesses may opt to use a different card size depending on the type of material their membership cards are printed on.
Membership Card FAQs
What is the difference between a membership card and a loyalty card?
A membership card is a document that attests to a person’s inclusion to a group, club, or organization. Possession of a membership may act as proof of identity and/or belonging to a specific group, cause, or organization.
A loyalty card also works as a membership card. But in addition to this, a loyalty program card allows its bearer to gain credits or points for using a specific product or service. Loyalty cards are typically used by retail stores as a form of customer engagement program.
What is a membership card template?
A membership card template is an editable digital file that contains all the design elements needed for a printed or digitized membership card. These templates are downloadable as digital files to allow their end-users to customize the card template based on their preferences. Some membership card templates may also be printed right away as long as the right member data has already been placed on the card.
How to activate membership cards?
Membership card activation is done by following the specific rules set upon by the issuing organization, business establishment, or club.
By using any of the pre-made printable membership card templates found in this article, you are guaranteed of quickly and easily creating your organization’s member cards. Browse through the site for examples of these templates and designs for any kind of graphic design project you may be working on.