Invitation cards, or letters of invitation, can be a formal or informal invite sent by anyone for numerous reasons. All invitations will include requesting the presence of a person, or group of people, to attend an event or some sort of visit. Invitation Cards will usually be sent in advance in order to give the receiver a time to plan ahead. They can be in various styles and patterns. Some even have fancy embellishments for a catchy look.
For those who would like to have a more fancy invitation card that is perfect for any occasion, our Printable Birthday Invitation Cards might be the best one that you can see. There are numerous options for you to select and all are downloadable. Below are some of what our website offers.
Corporate Party Invitation Card Template
Bridal Shower invitation Postcard Template
BBQ Engagement Party Invitation Card Template
Golf Invitation Card Template
Funeral Program Invitation Card
Kitty Party Invitation Card Template
Ramadan Invitation Card Template
Beach Wedding Invitation Card Template
Invitation Card Template
Business Invitation Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Template
Event Invitation Card Template
60th Birthday Invitation Card Template
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card Template
Annual Meeting Invitation Card Template
Birthday Invitation Greeting Card
Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitation Card
Printable Wedding Invitation Cards
Wedding Anniversary Invitation Card
Vintage Wedding Invitation Card
Printable Graduation Invitation Cards
Graduation Party Invitation Card
College Graduation Invitation Card
Graduation Ceremony Invitation Card
High School Graduation Invitation Card
Printable Party Invitation Cards
Dance Party Invitation Card
Bachelor Party Invitation Card
Freshers Party Invitation Card
Pool Party Invitation Card
Printable Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Baby Shower Invitation Card
Editable Baby Shower Invitation Card
Vector Baby Shower Invitation Card
DIY Baby Shower Invitation Card
The Invitation Card
In every occasion, whether a wedding, birthday party, company anniversary party, Halloween party, Christmas party, and so on, an invitation card is oftentimes prepared. Perhaps, there will be no sense of completion to an event or occasion if there will be no guests or attendees. And of course, one way for them to surely come is by sending out invitations. Let us give ourselves some added knowledge about them and why they are necessary.
Where Did Invitation Cards Come From?
Invitations to social events were used by the aristocracy in England and France probably at the beginning of the eighteenth century. It may be possible to go back another hundred or two hundred years to find the foundations which began the tradition of the invitation. Members of the high society would invite their groups to their social events with handwritten announcements of the event. These were written by the lady, butler, or their secretary.
Writing was a mark of education. Even after the printing press was invented, the aristocracy hand wrote invitations since “mass production” would be in poor taste. This is how each invitation was written. Calligraphy showed perfect penmanship, but by today’s standards, it is considered a work of art. The wording was written in the same way as we would write out an invitation today. The differences were that everything was spelled out; even the date and time were written out. After the invitation was written, it was placed in a handmade envelope we now call that the inner envelope.
Importance of an Invitation Card
Facebook, Twitter, Email, Instant Messenger, to name just a few, there is no denying that we live in a digital world, but what does this mean for invitations? The sense of enthusiasm we get finding an actual, physical invitation on our doorstep is actually quite appealing. We feel a sense of vigor feeling and opening the envelope, reading every last word, and then proudly displaying it on our cupboard. It somehow acts a little reminder of something to look forward to.
Printing and Design
Commercial invitations are generally printed using one of the following methods: engraving, lithography, thermography, letterpress printing, sometimes blind embossing, compression plate process, or offset printing. More recently, many do-it-yourself occasion planners are printing on their home computers using a laser printer or inkjet printer. For the artistically inclined, they can be handmade or written in calligraphy. Modern invitation design follows fashion trends.
An invitation card is typically a note card, folded in half, or perhaps French folded (folded twice and into quarters). Other options include a sheet of paper, tri-fold, or a trendy pocket-fold design. The right paper density depends on the design but typically ranges from heavy paper to very stiff card stock, generally chosen to match the organizer’s personality.
Corporate Anniversary Invitation Card
Retro Wedding Invitation
Surprise Invitation Cards
Surprise Birthday Invitation Card
Surprise Party Invitation Card
Surprise Baby Shower Invitation Card
Printable Retirement Invitation Cards
Retirement Party Invitation Card
Retirement Farewell Invitation Card
Printable Engagement Invitation Cards
Engagement Party Invitation Card
DIY Engagement Invitation Card
Rustic Engagement Invitation Card
Printable Dinner Invitation Cards
Business Dinner Invitation Card
So You’re Making Your Own Invitation Cards . . .
Regardless of the fact that there are numerous downloadable invitation samples on the Internet, there are still people who prefer to make one on their own manually. They don’t actually mind the time-consuming activity, as long as they were able to exert effort and enhance more of their creativity. So, for those who are planning to make one, you can follow these simple steps:
- Color scheme is everything. The colors you decide for your invitations are regularly dictated by the event itself. For instance, a birthday party welcome might be done in the celebrant’s favorite colors or be related to the theme of the occasion. If you’re sending invitations for the benefit of another person, make certain to consult with them about their color preferences. The quantity of colors you utilize may affect the final cost of your welcomes.
- Choose your content. You have to incorporate fundamental information on your invitations to assure your guests arrive at the right time, on the correct day, and at the right place.
- Consider extra information. You may need to incorporate, for example, a contact or RSVP telephone number, the dress code, or potentially a guide and mini map to the location. A few occasions, for example, weddings, frequently incorporate different occasions like rehearsal dinners, post-wedding day early luncheons, and so on. Make certain all the details about these kinds of occasions have been confirmed.
- Settle on size. The two greatest considerations with regard to size are looking for envelopes and postage costs. Make a visit to your nearby stationery or art supply store to take a look at the choices and contact or visit the site of the delivery service in your general area. A-style envelopes are the most widely recognized style of envelopes. They come in a range of sizes and their numeric assignment relates to set measurements.
- Print out your invitation content. To wind up with the right size, it makes sense to first print out the content for your invitation. When you perceive how much length and width you require for a content box, you can work once again from that point to check the completed sizes of your backing paper(s).
- Cut your paper. The amount of your backing paper relies on what size you cut each layer. You can standardize your cuts in case a half-inch border of each backing paper shows, or you can make diverse size borders and permit varying amounts of several papers to appear along the edges of your invitation.
- Add decorative elements. Once all your layers are glued in place and completely dry, you can add some decorative elements if you’d like. In the event that you’ve utilized more than three layers or bold paper designs, you may not want to add anything else at this point. However, if you think an additional element may complete the invitation, go ahead and put one in place.
If you find it too hassle to follow these steps, why not download a template invitation card instead. It will make it easier since it is already preformatted. There’s more if you check Template.net’s design pages.
Disney Birthday Invitation Card
Printable Fairy Invitation Cards
Printable Photo Invitation Cards
Graduation Photo Invitation Card
Birthday Photo Invitation Card
Baby Shower Photo Invitation Card
Printable Princess Invitation Cards
Princess Party Invitation Card
Printable Reunion Invitation Cards
Types of Invitations
Invitation cards or letters can be in different types. Depending on what occasion you are planning to hold, each has a corresponding invitation letter or card. Below are widely used types of invitation.
- Computerized Invitations
These days, almost all the things we do are done digitally. Similar can be true for invitations. Computerized invitations can spare resources, like, paper and stamps and give a quick mean to deliver a message over. These are generally essential if you are planning an event and you only have a nick of time left and you don’t have sufficient time to mail the invitations or send them personally.
- For Business Events
The business invitation letter is utilized to invite customers to a business-related occasion. It can be a super sale on the business’ services or items, an open house for a new office or store or some other event that involves the business. An interoffice business invitation letter is used to invite employees to a business-oriented happening, such as the annual office party or a corporate management seminar. This type of invitation letters follows similar format as other business letters, with a formal salutation, the body of the letter, and a formal closing.
- Wedding Invitations
There are some celebrations need formal invitations and a wedding is one of best examples. Wedding invitations can be acquired in a variety of colors, styles, and preferences. They range in cost from the basic one to the extreme one depending on your choice of paper and plan. Wedding Invitations are sent through the mail however they can be hand delivered. They incorporate details on where and when the wedding and the gathering will be held and add a note to RSVP.
- Handwritten Invitations
They are normally enough for small, private affairs where the list of people to attend is under 50. Best cases of these include ceremonies, private gatherings, and small dinner parties. This kind of Invitation takes more time and dedication so they are not most appropriate for bigger gatherings.Hand-write invitations on pretty pieces of stationery or plain white paper. Select a passage from a famous author or make up your own slogan to add as an introduction into the invite.
Other types of invitation letters include those that invite someone to do something, such as a guest speaker at a meeting or engagement, accept employment or another type of offer.
A great deal just for you
These invitations will not be possible enough if there are no plans or actions. Aside from the steps on how to make invitation cards, there are people who still prefer to make them in a much easier and faster way. When it comes to pre-created invitations, templates are the best choice. Since contents are already added, all you need to do is simple modification.
We offer numerous downloadable templates for a graduation invitation. Some of them are even in a DIY style for a more personalized look. Others contain unique and catchy designs that you surely love. Whatever design that you like, we’ve got you covered. No need to look anywhere else. All of these invitation samples are ready to be downloaded. Not just that, all of these come in an editable feature, which means you can modify them if you want. You can change the font style, add more details or change the design. You can do what you want. All of these can be printed easily. So if you want to make your event extra special, download these invitation templates now.