Have you ever noticed those printed advertising materials that looked like a cross between a brochure and a business card and are found in reception areas and front counters of some business establishments? You may have even picked up and read one while waiting to pass time or to find out more about the store and their services. Those printed documents are called rack cards.
Most people may not know their name but this does not stop them from reading and using the information found in them. So if you are an entrepreneur or marketer, it is in your best interest to learn more about this form of marketing strategy and recreate the positive results for your own business. Read the whole article as we will teach you how to design rack cards that will match the brand image you wish you to create. We will also showcase multiple examples rack cards templates in PSD file format and base your own rack card designs from them.
Elements of A Good Rack Card
The main purpose of a rack card is to promote a business, service, product, occasion, event, or individual. But for it to become an effective advertising medium, it needs to embody a few desirable elements or characteristics. We have listed these characteristics below to help guide you in your rack card creation journey.
1. Ad Copy: The best rack card is one that has a compelling message. After all, rack cards still are advertising materials. They need to be phrased well not only pique a reader’s interest but also to hook and spur the reader into a desired, business-affecting action. So whether you are creating your own event racks cards or you are using a printable rack card template, make sure that your ad copy is professionally written and targeted towards your intended market.
2. Design Theme: The rack card template’s design theme is another characteristic to consider when looking for or when creating a rack card from scratch. A card design that follows one coherent theme will appear more organized and formal. This is especially important if you want your customers to have a good impression of your business just by looking at your rack card designs.
3. Visual Flow: Another design characteristic that helps make a compelling rack card design is visual flow or hierarchy. You need to create a rack card design that combines all the ad copy, fine print, images, and color choices in way that makes it easier for the reader to comprehend. Good visual means that anyone reading your rack card will be intuitively guided on how to read and interpret the content of your rack card.
4. Typography: The different typefaces and how they are formatted into your rack card also helps determine the effectiveness of the said marketing document. Select font styles, font colors, and font sizes that are appropriate for the message, position, and effect you wish to convey with your rack card design. With PSD rack card templates can easily
5. Call To Action: Lastly, aside from the usual ad copy that any rack card should have, there is another element that helps make a more compelling rack card design. And that is the presence of a Call To Action. These are short phrases or single sentences that urges readers to do something right after reading the rack card. Examples of Call-To-Actions are “Call Us Now…”, “Get Free Sample When You…”, or “Visit Our Store to Get 30% Discount!”. The more persuasive and natural-sounding your rack card’s call-to-action is, the more likely is a customer going to take action.
So those are the top elements or features that a business rack card should have for them to become effective marketing collaterals for any business. Apply or look for these elements in any rack card design (you can choose from the few examples we have embedded below) and you will be all set in creating your own business advertising tools.
19+ Rack Card Templates
As promised, embedded below are examples of rack card templates in PSD format. This means that each template is created using Adobe Photoshop and you will be able to edit the template by using the said software tool. Take a look at the printable templates below!
Royal Resort Rack Card Example
Catering Rack Card Design
Marketing Agency Rack Card
Agency Rack Card Template
Simple Advertising Consultant Rack Card
Food Catering Rack Card Example
Spa Rack Card Template
Advertising Agency Rack Card
Sample Catering Menu Rack Card
Simple Coffee Shop Rack Card Template
Nail Salon Rack Card Design Template
Coffee Shop Advertisement Rack Card
Creative Salon Rack Card Template
Travel Rack Card PSD Template
Summer Camp Rack Card Template in PSD
Soccer Rack Card Template PSD
Photographer Rack Card PSD Template
Music Festival Rack Card PSD Template
Handyman Rack Card PSD Template
Gym Rack Card PSD Template
Fashion Boutique Rack Card PSD Template
Event Rack Card PSD Template
Daycare Rack Card PSD Template
How to Create an Excellent Rack Card
Rack cards are a cost-effective and convenient alternative to creating print advertising materials. Any business owner can create their own exhibition rack cards that will be displayed on bazaars and expos without breaking the bank. So if you are interested in designing your own rack cards, we have prepared a short compedium of tips that you can follow to ensure that your rack card design is compelling enough.
1. Use high-quality paper: The first tip is all about paper. Rack cards are best printed on thick, high-quality paper or cardstock. This makes the card retain its shape for a longer period of time than those advertising flyers printed on regular paper. Also, the higher the quality of the paper used for printing, the more professional your rack cards will appear. This is helpful if you want to create a sophisticated and credible image for your business or product.
2. Add high resolution images: Remember that humans are visual creatures. One good way to leverage this nature is through the use of high-quality images or illustrations on your rack card design. Choose photos or artwork that are relevant to the service, product, or event that you are promoting. Also, make sure that any images used in your rack cards are legally obtained and that you can use them commercially. This is to avoid any copyright complaints or lawsuits later on.
3. Incorporate your branding elements: Incorporating your business’ branding elements on your rack card design is another way to help increase brand recognizability. In addition, when you use the same brand logo or business letterhead design on your rack card, customers are more likely to trust your brand or business.
4. Use new printing techniques: In addition to using high-quality paper, another tip that entrepreneurs should follow when creating printing rack cards is to apply new and innovative printing techniques. Examples of which are having embossed, debossed, or papercut elements into the rack card itself. These printing techniques will make the rack card appear more creative and innovative.
5. Implement with a sound marketing strategy: A compelling rack card design is worthless if your business does not have a sound marketing strategy in place. You do not have to go all out in creating a marketing sales plan. But, at least, make sure that all the information or offers included in your rack card can be enjoyed by your customers. A sound marketing strategy also means that you should not only rely on your rack cards. There are other business advertising tools you can use. For example, you distribute business flyers, or printed business cards, or even set up roll-up banners outside your office or store.
When it comes to advertising a business, the strategies you can use are endless. We hope that you have learned a lot about rack cards and how to use them for your own business. For more examples of other business and graphic design templates, do not hesitate to check out the rest of our website.
Rack Card Sizes
Rack cards follow the standard printing size of 4 inches by 9 inches. All the free templates embedded in this article also follow this printing format.
Rack Card FAQs
What is a rack card PSD template?
A rack card template is a digital file that is preformatted to create a rack card design. And when the template is created using the graphic design software Adobe Photoshop, it is called a rack card PSD template.
How to print rack cards?
Rack cards are printed just like any other type of print marketing collateral. This means that you may use your home or office printer to get the same quality in your rack card designs. And since rack cards are smaller in size, you may have to layout two rack card templates in one legal/letter size paper to save on printing and ink costs.
What is the difference between a rack card and a brochure?
Both the rack card and the brochure are printed advertising tools. Their main difference lies in the amount of content they include and their size. Business brochures typically follow the A4 or letter format which measures 8.5 inches by 11 inches. On the other hand, rack cards only measure 4 inches by 9 inches.
PSD templates are relatively easy to create as long as you have basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. And with the help of the different rack card templates that we have shared above, the entire card-making process will be a trip to the park. Do not forget to bookmark this article so that you can refer back to it easily.