In this modern age where anything can be done with the help of technology, we tend to rely too much on its convenience. We get lazy and opt for a much easier way of doing things, and this can be especially said in the communication department. With the proliferation of different social media platforms, the majority of people use them to exchange messages with others.
Even when sending a simple greeting, it can be done with a single tap of the send button and the other side of the line will be able to receive it almost instantly. It’s amazing how technology has taken us far. But, in this sense, you might be thinking, is a greeting card still relevant? Hold on to your thoughts as we will discuss more of that later.
Even with the power of technology, greeting cards are still being used today. They may come in different sizes, but the most popular ones are those that are small enough to fit in the pocket of your jeans. In this article, we will show you more than a handful of small greeting card designs and templates. The designs can cater to different purposes, like having a template for an Easter greeting card or a birthday greeting card. With that said, let us now look at the list of designs and templates!
Usually, a greeting card is seen as just a small piece of printed paper or card. People commonly underestimate and overlook its importance, more so when there are other convenient and efficient means of sending a greeting. You can send a message through text, chat, and email. Every social media platform provides that kind of functionality. But, long before SMS or email was invented, a greeting card has been a medium to show and express love, devotion, affection, care, and more sentiments to friends and family members. These cards provide a gentle way to express the feelings towards the receiver in the most appropriate way. You may also see corporate greeting cards.
Although we already have electronic mails (e-mails), our mail is still being used to send bills and other letters. Wouldn’t your day become brighten up a bit when you see a small and colorful card among a pile of letters and envelopes? Though it is just a card created by an individual, it brings an idea that someone cares enough about you to take the time to pick out and mail a special message just for you. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or the annual holiday card, it is sure to make your day better. You may also see marriage greeting cards.
A greeting card contains and expresses all the human emotions that you can possibly think of: love, humor, joy, gratitude, sympathy, and many others. It has an amazing power to connect to an emotional level with the people who have touched our lives. The effort that the sender has put through just to send you a greeting card is both admirable and touching, So, don’t ever underestimate the capability of greeting cards to express love and care to family, friends, customers, clients, and employees. You may also see creative greeting card designs.
1. Think of a concept. You should be able to come up with a concept for your greeting card before you start anything. How do you want your greeting card to look like? Do you want to have a vintage theme for it? How about one with flowers surrounding the border? Or you do want something sleek to impress the recipient? The list of options can go as long as you want. But, despite having plenty of choices, you should always stick to whatever concept you think will be appropriate to the kind of greeting you are sending. If you are sending a greeting card to congratulate your cousin who recently graduated, then the design should be able to portray such an image. You may also see free greeting cards.
2. Plan the layout for your greeting card. Once you have chosen the concept, you will then have an idea of what elements you are going to use to bring your vision to life. With that said, you need to set the layout first before applying the concept. Set how wide the margins should be from the edge of the paper, decide the line spacing, and choose the font style and size that you are going to use for the text of the content. In setting the layout, you can use various tools that will create lines to act as the skeletal system of your design. Also, you can put marks on the different areas of the layout to pinpoint the positions of the elements. This way, things will be easier for you to design since everything is already set up. You may also see engagement greeting cards.
3. Make them attention-grabbing. Simplicity may be the utmost sophistication, but you can always go the extra mile and create a design that will turn heads the moment the recipients take a glance at it. Be as extra as you can, pour in elements that would make for a stunningly beautiful design. But, of course, too much can be damaging sometimes. Make sure that it is just the right amount of extra. You may also see printable greeting cards.
4. Choose colors that pop! What can be more attention-grabbing than putting in colors that would greatly enhance the beauty of the design? Although the beauty of a design is subjective, it is hard not to admit that colors are what make a design lively and fun to look at and that they make such a huge contribution for its impact. Using bright colors is one way for a design to be eye-catching, but it doesn’t mean that you should leave out the black and white motif. There are those who prefer minimalist color tones for their design and using a black and white color scheme is one way to achieve it. Experiment with different combinations of colors until you arrive at a result that you think will perfectly fit with the design.
5. Make sure that the design is relevant to the concept that you are going for. It goes without saying that the design matches with the concept. Otherwise, what were you wasting your time for? Sometimes, we get too caught up in creating our masterpiece that we don’t notice that the overall look has already strayed too far from the original concept. In this step, make sure that everything is relevant to what you envisioned your greeting card to be. You may also see holiday greeting cards.
Everything is so convenient now that you can just look up for templates of greeting cards online with a single click or tap of a button. When you search for templates, the top results are usually the legit and trusted websites, meaning they are safe, secure, and verified. But, there are times when the templates that you are looking for are not available on those sites? The next thing you are going to do is scavenge through the next pages, and let us tell you that the more pages you navigate through, the darker the Internet goes. You will never know if the websites on the following pages would be as trustworthy as those on the first. So, in order to keep yourself in the light, you have to look for indications that a website is reliable and safe. You may also see anniversary greeting cards.
Some of the indications are as follows:
There are moments when we impulsively buy other things that we don’t need. If your pocket is as deep as the ocean, then you don’t have to worry about a thing. Otherwise, think of your budget and have mercy on your credit card. You don’t want your bills to increase at the end of the month and then regret your unnecessary purchase.
The right design can only be found if you have already solidified the concept for your small greeting card. The ones that we have shown you can cater to different messages so you would have a lot of options to choose from. We hope that we have helped you in choosing a template and we wish you the best of luck! You may aslo see holiday greeting cards.