Wedding planners and event organizers have one of the most critical jobs since they should be able to meet the visions of their to be wedded clients. Another concern to take note by people in this profession is that the wedding must be worth remembering since it is often a once in a lifetime event. In order to have an assurance of what will be for the wedding, wedding planners, and organizers execute a step-by-step planning procedure which should include the phase of determining and enlisting the designs to be incorporated into each wedding-related item such as wedding cards.
The term “wedding card” refers to a category of items that are printed and handed out to the people involved in the wedding including the couple. One of the most common types of wedding cards is a wedding invitation card which is sent out to the people in the wedding’s guestlist. This is where the guest will know the particulars of the wedding as well as the wedding program.
Elements of a Wedding Card Template
Wedding cards are important for any type of wedding, whether it is a church wedding or a civil ceremony wedding. This is why when it comes to creating it by using a template, the essential elements must always be present in the card template regardless of its designs and layout:
- Must be fully customizable and ready to be printed: Any type of template to be used for helping in designing should be fully editable which will allow the user to manipulate every portion of the template. However, if it is a premium template, then it must produce an alert to the user that there will be additional fees to pay before the template will be edited fully, ranging from its background up to the fonts to use for the texts in the wedding card.
- Should have suggestive contents: Every template will have different design components and layout preferences which is why it is significant that the template to be chosen will be able to provide suggestions to the user of what can be done in order to make a creative output.
- Should have a bleed area: The area where a pair of scissors will cut through is the bleed area. The bleed measurement should not be too close to the rest of the layout, yet must not be too large which may take up a space for incorporating other contents.
- Must indicate the size of the template: Knowing the size of a wedding card template is important especially if there are other items to be enclosed with the card as part of the giveaway for the guests. On the other hand, a card template which does not state the size should be available to be resized depending on what the user prefers, and must not be distorted when the resizing occurs.
17+ Wedding Card Templates
Wedding Congratulations Card Template
Vintage Wedding Engagement Card Template
Classic Wedding Invitation Card Template
Beach Wedding Rsvp Card Template
Small Flower Wedding Menu Card Template
Small Flower Wedding Program Card Template
Pink Floral Wedding Details Card Template
Fall Wedding Table Card Template
Printable Wedding Table Card Template
Wedding Invitation Card Sample
Wedding Photographer Rack Card Example
Wedding Place Name Card
Wedding Thank You Card Template
Winery Wedding Invitation Card
Vintage Wedding Invitation Card
Wedding Anniversary Card Sample
Simple Tips for an Excellent Wedding Card
With these simple tips, anyone will be able to make any type of wedding cards:
1. Should coordinate with the wedding theme: Every item to be displayed or be given for the wedding should have coordinating designs and patterns to the wedding’s themes as well as to the reception or dining area. For instance, if the wedding theme is rustic or vintage, then the wedding place name cards, the invitation cards, and even the card boxes must match with the vintage theme such as using woody backgrounds with touches of golds and other luxurious colors:
2. Must be complete with the right information: There are different types of wedding cards which is why with every type, the maker or the designer of the card should be able to incorporate the necessary information into it. Every wedding card type must have the names of the couple who will be wedded along with the date of their marital ceremony. Yet, in a sample invitation card, the location of the wedding, the time of the wedding, and some reminders for the guests should be included as well.
On the other hand, a wedding place card or a table card should have the name of the person who will be in a particular table arrangement while in a thank you card, a short gratitude statement should be added into for the guest.
Steps to Make a Reusable Wedding Card Template
In order to begin creating a reusable wedding card template, one must first choose what editing software he will be using. After choosing the software, opening a new sheet wherein the template will be designed is the next step. This will then be followed by preparing the sheet’s size and quality. Then, layers must be created which will depend on what type of wedding card template will be made. Common layers to include in the template are the background layer, the title layer, the name layer for the groom and the bride, and the image layers which should be separated per image to incorporate.
Once the layers are created, the sizes of the layers must be determined, then each layer must be arranged based on the preferred layout for the template. Lastly, the template must be saved into a file which should retain its ability to be edited for future use.
Types of Wedding Card Templates
There are three types of wedding card templates that an event planner can use to meet the needs of his clients:
- Wedding table card templates: These are also known as wedding place name card templates which are intended to be placed onto the tables at the wedding reception area. A wedding table card template will simply have the name of the guest. Moreover, there are also other table card templates which allow the user to indicate the table number where the wedding guest will be seating during the reception program. These types of table cards should then be placed outside the reception area where the guests can pick up the cards with their names on and flip it in order to know where their seat assignments are.
- Wedding invitation card templates: With the right wedding invitation card template, the length of deciding on the designs and the layout of the invitation for the couple’s wedding will be lesser which will then allow the event planners and organizers to maximize their time in proceeding to other parts of the wedding planning.
- Wedding thank you card templates: A thank you card is sent to the guests of the wedding after the whole event or the whole day of the wedding. Some couples prefer to send out thank you cards the day after the wedding individually to their guest. And just like all the other card templates, a wedding thank you card template must also have the theme of the wedding along with the personalized message of the couple. On the other hand, a wedding thank you card can also be used by the guests as well. Instead of sending the card to the guests, the guests will be the ones who will write their thank yous and greetings for the newly wedded couple.
Wedding Card Template Sizes
Each wedding card template type will have different sizes. In a wedding invitation card template, the size would often be in 5 x 7 inches while wedding table card templates are in sizes of 2 x 3 inches. The last type of card template is a wedding thank you card template which can be used in different sizes since it will depend to the orientation of the card and if it will be folded or not when it is printed out. Nevertheless, the most common size for a wedding thank you card template is often in a 5 x 7 inches identical to the invitation card.
In addition, wedding table cards can also be placed inside a wedding card box wherein its thickness should be able to gather all the cards. This box is beneficial for keeping the table cards intact before it will be brought to the reception area where the guests’ sitting arrangements will be determined.
Wedding Card Template FAQ’s
What is the purpose of wedding card templates?
The purpose of wedding card templates is to help the user in completing a wedding card design with ease since the template already consists of layers and sections wherein the user can incorporate his own texts and images.
What types of papers must be used for printing the completed wedding cards?
Weddings are events which require creativity in all aspects of it which is why there are more than ten types of papers that the groom and bride, as well as the event planner, can consider for their wedding cards. Among the dozens of types, three of the most common are cotton, linens, and recycled paper. The cotton and linen paper choices are suitable for weddings with formal themes while a recycled card paper is preferable for vintage, boho, and rustic-themed weddings.
What are the different types of printing techniques to use for printing out the wedding cards?
Foil stamping, digital printing, letterpress, and engraving are four types of printing techniques which are applicable for printing varieties of wedding cards. Foil stamping produces a luxurious effect on the card, digital printing is budget-friendly and quick to execute, letterpressing requires a metal plate to be used, while engraving creates raised letters onto the card.
Can a wedding card template be used for online purposes?
Yes. Wedding card templates are not only limited to be used for printable materials and items for the wedding but also for promoting the wedding online such as inviting the guests through their emails. Thank you cards can also be sent as well.
Regardless of the chosen variety of techniques and papers to use for printing, the final decision must come from the couple or the clients themselves. Although the event planner and the designer may suggest ideas, they must heed the clients’ words and comments in order to have an assurance that the needs and wants of their clients are met.