Back in the days, chalkboards were the most commonly used medium for writing in a large format and intended for a big audience. These were being used in schools as an instructing tool for teachers, and in food establishments as a tool for listing down the food and drinks that are being served for that day. Also, the great thing about chalkboards that further boosted its popularity is the fact that they are relatively easy to make, and chalk sticks can be bought anywhere for a very cheap price. You can also read vintage ticket designs.
Since chalkboards are very rarely being used nowadays because people have opted to use whiteboards instead, we have a collection of templates below that are quite nostalgic for those who have come across chalkboards. These templates come in the form of tickets, and can actually be used for any event that you can think of. The great thing about these ticket templates is that they can be downloaded and edited very easily. So if you’re interested or just curious, feel free to scroll down to see the templates yourself.
Creative Chalkboard Event Ticket Template
In the food industry, chalkboards are commonly used as food menus and are usually seen outside the establishment to give passersby a clue as to what dishes and drinks are being served. Among the various types of food menus, this one is called the Du Jour Menu which translates to “of the day” menu. The reason why chalkboards menu are used for this type of menu because it allows for easy changing of content as well as being highly visible even at a distance.
The reason why we talked about food menus is that the creative ticket design above bears a design that is intended for opening celebrations of food establishments. If you are planning to open your very own restaurant, fast food joint, or any food place, then the ticket template above would probably be a good choice.
Chalkboard Event Ticket Template
Chalkboards are also known as blackboards, but regardless of the name, most blackboards are actually colored green and there is a good reason behind that. Back in the days—roughly 200 years ago—blackboards were actually colored black and were made with slate or wooden board painted with a mixture of egg whites and burnt potatoes to make it look dark. You can also like concert ticket templates.
By the 20th century, the new generation of blackboards were painted with porcelain paint that gave it a greenish hue. This new version of chalkboard caught on very quickly among instructors because it was more comfortable to stare at long periods of time as opposed to the previous black ones, but the name was kept as is because greenboards did not sound catchy enough. You may also see event ticket templates.
Now that you know the brief history of chalkboards, you might want to consider using the creative template above for making your own event tickets.
The History of Chalkboards
While there isn’t a definite date as to when chalkboards (or blackboards) were first used, there has been a mention of black tablets being used in India by school-aged children as a form of writing medium, and the tool they used for writing was a white-colored material. This was found in Alberuni’s Indica which was written sometime during the early 11th century. You may also see banquet ticket templates.
Around the 16th century, blackboards were being used in Europe for both music composition and education, but it was only called blackboard ticket design during the mid-18th century (“to write with a chalk on a black-colored board” circa 1973). In 1801, the first time the chalk stick was used as a writing tool for the blackboard was recorded in the United States in a mathematics lecture. And in 1814, colored chalk came into existence after it was invented by mixing together ground chalk, porridge, and coloring dyes.
Advantages of Using Chalkboards
- Chalkboards allow for easy delivery of knowledge in school, and the teacher will simply need to write on it while explaining the topic. According to studies, people are able to learn and retain information quicker when they actually see it rather than simply hearing it being explained. You can also read parking ticket templates.
- Chalkboards are able to attract information, and this does not only apply to schools, but also in businesses, which is why these are common among food places. Though chalkboards seem minimal in appearance as opposed to those that are actually printed out, the advantage of it is that it can still be visible even at a distance. You may also like movie ticket templates.
Other Uses of the Chalkboard
- Chalkboards will come very useful in homes and offices and can be used for listing down to-do’s or a calendar of events.
- Also, you can use chalkboards as signs for writing notices or reminders at home You may want to put it inside your house, but it would probably be best to keep it outside because writing and erasing the markings on chalkboards may be quite dusty. You may also check free ticket templates.
- Use your chalkboard as a creative piece in your home by decorating the frame and illustrating something on it. You might want to draw a landscape image, or an abstract artwork.
- As mentioned earlier, food establishments use chalkboards as their food menu. But regardless of your business, you may still be able to use chalkboards for listing your products, special promos, or even announcements.
Previously, we have shown you a ticket template for a stag party. This time around, we have a couple of stag and doe party ticket templates that you can check out. Commonly, we see bachelor parties and bridal showers held separately, but oftentimes, a joint party is held and is usually intended as a fundraising event for the engaged couple, and this event is called a stag and doe party. Though this type of celebration is very common in Canada, it has also been celebrated occasionally in the United States.
Since this event is intended to raise funds for the future of the couple, there has to be something used in order to come up with those funds. This is where tickets come in, and guests who are planning to attend the party will need to buy entrance tickets. Shown above is a template that you can easily download and use for making your own tickets, and just like the rest of the printable ticket templates that you have just seen in this article, this one also uses a chalkboard theme.