For businesses to draw in customers as well as make a name for themselves, they will need to make a few sacrifices. Even though it may seem like they’ll be making less profit when they do this, it will actually help them to become profitable in the long run if they only do it right.
One good example of this is by issuing coupons. While most coupons are meant to apply discounts to purchase, they actually come in different types which you will learn near the end of this article. Here, we’ve also got ten coupon templates that you can download and edit using Adobe Illustrator.
1. Name of the issuing company: To provide people with information regarding the identity of the company behind the business coupon, the name (and logo) of the issuer should be indicated on it. This way, the coupon holder will also have an idea of where they may be able to enjoy its perks.
2. Coupon perks: Speaking of perks, this is what coupons are actually about and what people look forward to. The perks being offered by coupons vary according to its type and you’ll learn more about it later in this article.
3. Graphical elements: Coupons often get overlooked because of those being issued by competitors, which is why you should always do a little more for your coupon to make it stand out. Adding images may be considered a minor enhancement to the design but it can actually a lot for your coupons.
4. Compelling tagline: Aside from the graphical elements, your coupon should have something else that both stimulates the curiosity and grabs the interests of your audience. This is in the form of a short statement that compels the reader to get a hold of the coupon and use it.
5. Period of validity: Coupons are only valid for a specific time period and you should specify that on the design. This way, the coupon holder will be informed on when they should use the coupon before the perks expire.
6. Mechanics to avail perks: Although some small business coupons can simply be used right away without having to worry about terms and conditions, there are also some wherein you will need to do something before you may be able to enjoy the perks.
7. The company’s contact details: Coupon holders might need to get in touch with the issuing company for inquiries and clarifications, which is why it is essential to always include the contact details on the coupon.
1. Decide on a type of coupon: Before trying to get your hands dirty, you will first need to decide on a particular type of coupon that you want to create. If you aren’t familiar with what these are, refer to the section of coupon types provided below.
2. Gather the necessary resources: After deciding on a type of coupon, gather all the necessary resources that you might need to use for creating your coupons. By resources, this includes the materials that you will use for printing your coupons, your custom font, and the images that you wish to include.
3. Download a coupon template: The title already told you what you need to do, so go do it. Here, you simply need to look for a particular coupon template that fits your purpose and then click the download button.
4. Edit the downloaded template using Illustrator: After downloading a coupon template, launch Adobe Illustrator and start editing. The best thing about our templates is that as long as you’re using the right tool, you’ll have absolutely zero problems editing it.
5. Print copies of your coupon: Once you’ve got your coupon completely edited and finalized, you can then start printing copies of them. If you plan on doing it yourself, always print your coupons in the best quality possible.
1. Discount coupons: I mean, who doesn’t love discounts? Everybody wants it because they get to spend less on something that normally costs more. With business discount coupons, customers are able to enjoy price cuts on goods that they’ve been wanting to buy.
2. Presale coupons: When an event is announced, the organizers will also announce the date that the tickets will start selling. With presale coupons, interested event-goers can already start purchasing tickets even before the announced date.
3. Tearpads: This type of coupon is presented as a pad that is either attached or placed near the products that they are used on. As the name suggests, these coupons are torn off the pads and then used right away when purchasing the products.
4. Peelies: Here is another type of printable coupon that also speaks for itself on how they are used. Peelies are attached right on the products themselves and are just peeled off when they are about to be used.
5. Hangtags: This type of coupon is commonly used on drinks, liquid products, and those that have an elongated neck for their containers. Hangtags are indeed hung on the neck of these containers and are simply taken off when the customer wishes to use it.
6. Catalinas: This type of coupon got its name from Catalina Marketing which is the company responsible for bringing us the coupon printing machine. Catalinas are coupons that are issued at the counter and given together with the official receipt.
7. eCoupons: Unlike the previous types, eCoupons no longer need to be printed out and can be found on the internet particularly online shopping websites. While some eCoupons need to be downloaded, others simply need to be activated for the customer to enjoy its perks.
While many people think of coupons as just ordinary discounts, businesses see them as a strategy that can help them grow market share, sell faster, and increase sales volume.
This is a strategy that customers do to save even more on their purchases. This is done by stacking or using multiple coupons for a single purchase.
The coupon templates that you’ve seen in this article are not only easy to download but also easy to customize. If you prefer using a free editing tool to edit AI files, you also have Inkscape, Xara X, and CorelDRAW as good alternatives. With that said, now you have no other excuse on why you can’t create coupons in the Illustrator format.