When it comes to marketing a product, service, or business, coming up with a new twist to tried and tested strategies can be a surefire way to gain new customers and retain old ones. And one such strategy is the use of printed coupons.
If you are interested in learning how to increase customer engagement, sales, and brand recall by creating well-designed coupons, you are on the right corner of the internet. In this article, we share design tips on how to achieve that and we will also show multiple downloadable examples of coupon templates in PSD file format.
A coupon can be any piece of paper or document that grants its bearer or holder a rebate or discount for the purchase of goods and/or services. When designed well, coupons can be a gateway to engage current customers and lure more clients.
In the next few paragraphs, we are sharing the top five elements that an effective coupon should embody. Incorporate all these core characteristics into your coupon designs and you will begin to see positive results for your business soon.
1. Unique Selling Position: A coupon’s major hook is the value it provides to a customer or client. Craft a unique selling position (USP) that a customer cannot refuse. A good example is a discount, a freebie, or a bonus offer. Check out all the example USP wording on business coupon templates shared below.
2. Persuasive Ad Copy: And to make your USP even more enticing, make sure that you craft an engaging and persuasive sales copy. A good coupon is one that uses the right words without sounding too sleazy or sales-y.
3. Organized Layout: An persuasive USP may not be enough if your coupon design itself does not look credible. To avoid this, create or choose a coupon design that follows an organized layout. A clean and simple layout lets your customer focus on the content of the coupon and they are more likely enthused to using the coupon and trying out your products or services.
4. Good Typography Design: The best coupons are those that have great typography design. To achieve this, you should take note of the font size, color, spacing, and formatting. And then make sure that they all complement the theme and layout of your coupon.
Knowledge of these simple yet essential elements can readily transform any coupon design. Be sure to study them carefully so that you will know how to correctly integrate them to your own creations.
As promised, shared below are examples of coupon templates in Adobe Photoshop file format. You may download and customize each template design to match your personal or business needs.
Still confused on how to go about creating your own coupon design? Fret not. We are here to help 🙂
Shared below is a simplified guide on how you can create any kind of coupon design.
2. Write or type all the information you need to include in your coupon.
3. Gather all the font files, layout files, and image files you want to use for your coupon design. Save them in one folder.
4. Or, you may download and use a printable coupon template instead.
5. Open Adobe Photoshop or other graphic design software programs that you know how to use.
6. If starting from scratch, start with a blank template file. If using a pre-made template, start filling out all the image and text placeholders.
7. Ask another person to check the coupon template for typos, grammatical errors, image resolution issues, and other formatting concerns. Edit the template as necessary.
8. Save the final coupon template file on your computer or in a flash drive.
9. Print out the coupon using your home or office printer. Or, you may take the template file at your local print shop and have it printed there.
And viola! You have now created your own coupons. Congratulate yourself and get started on distributing these coupons to your customers and clients.
There is no standard wording or content when making coupons. However, most coupons will still contain the same pieces of information. Listed below are the most common details written in a coupon.
Coupons may follow any of these printing sizes:
The terms vouchers and coupons are often used interchangeably and rightly so. Printed vouchers and coupons both are documents that award its bearer or holder a predetermined monetary value or discount.
A coupon template in PSD is a preformatted graphic design file created using Adobe Photoshop. As a PSD template file, it will contain all the necessary text, placeholder, image, header, layout, and font files needed to make a coupon design.
Yes, coupons often have a validity or expiration date. They must be used or redeemed before a predetermined date or establishments may no longer honor them. From a business perspective, implementing a time limit for the coupon’s use helps drive customers and clients into trying out a product or service within a measurable time frame.
You may also use other types of graphic design and editing software programs to create coupon designs. A few examples are Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Word, and Publisher.
Implement all of the design tips shared above and you will end up with beautifully designed coupons for your store or business soon. Do not forget to conduct other concurrent sales strategies to help boost the effectiveness of your printed business coupons. You may try out email marketing or send out your coupons along with your direct mail marketing letters.
And for more graphic design and business templates like the ones we’ve shared above, check out the rest of our website.