10+ Fax Cover Templates in InDesign
Back in the 1980s, the fax was one of the essential tools of communication. Yet somehow most people in this generation believe that this form of communication is obsolete. This is not the case. Though faxing documents have fallen out of favor, it remains an integral part of communication today. Most people underestimate fax because they favor emails, direct messages through social media, or even video and telephone conferencing.
Using fax cover headings when sending faxes makes your faxes look more professional. It also provides the necessary information that the recipient needs to know. This takes away all the guesswork and speeds the process along. The easiest and most efficient way to get your own fax cover is to make it yourself. The quickest way to have your own is to use a fax cover template.
Using fax cover templates is an efficient way of creating your own fax cover. This article highlights the qualities found in a good fax cover. It also shows the steps in the creation of your very own fax cover using a fax cover template.
Elements of a Good Fax Cover
To create your own fax cover, you must first know the elements that comprise a good fax cover. Here are the following elements that you should look for in a fax cover.
1. Pertinent to the business: The fax cover should be in line with you and your company. Having the layout design be as close to what you or your company does as possible. This ensures that the recipient has an easy time sorting out the files.
2. Simple layout: Like most things in life, the simpler your design, the better. Remember that the point of your fax cover is to introduce the document. It has the supporting role in the sense that helps the recipient of the document sort, and respond to your fax faster.
3. Subtlety in design: Creativity is a good thing. However, anything in excess can be a bad thing. Even creative agencies keep their design to a minimum. Choosing a fax cover template to use can seem daunting, but it is easier than you think. Choose the fax cover template that you feel best represents you and what your company represents.
4. Enough room for an actual document: This is important. If the fax cover takes too much room, the point of the fax cover is moot. It becomes a cumbersome task to try to cram documents in such a small file. So make sure that the fax cover template has enough room for the actual document.
5. Includes essential company information: Fax covers can do more than just introduce the document. It can also provide the details that your business associates and clients need. A marketing tool if you will. This essential information can include but is not limited to your business URL, business phone and mobile numbers, and even your social media links if available.
10+ Fax Cover Templates in InDesign
Marketing Agency Fax Paper Template
Royal Resort Fax Paper Template
Massage Fax Paper Template
Ice Cream Fax Paper Template
Advertising agency Fax Paper Template
Available File Formats
SEO Fax Paper Template
Law Firm Fax Paper Template
Available File Formats
Creative Agency Fax Paper Template
Event Planner Fax Paper Template
Spa Fax Paper Template
Steps to Make a Great Fax Cover
Now that we have highlighted the elements that make a good fax cover, let us now talk about how to make a fax cover. Here are some quick and easy steps you can follow to make sure that you make the best fax cover template you can.
1. Choose your template: At this point, you would have already chosen your template. This will serve as a guide for you to create your own fax cover. The simplest way of doing so is to just swap out the information. Place your logo, then print. This method makes a decent fax cover. But if you got this far in the article, I am sure you are willing to go the extra mile.
2. Make it yours: This is when you take the fax cover template and make it your own. Beyond adding your company details, this is the step where you add or take away space as needed. You know what type of documents you send on a regular basis, and you can format the fax cover template to reflect that.
3. Business information: As mentioned earlier, you will have to provide your company information. Depending on the template, you usually add contact details at the bottom or underneath the border. The company logo is usually on top. You can place it at your discretion. This also serves as a discreet way to advertise yourself to new business associates or clients.
4. Test Your fax cover: By testing your fax cover I mean print a few copies. The colors may not come out as you like it. This way, you have ample time to edit your fax cover. You should also send sample faxes to see if your fax cover is on point. This way, you know if there are changes that need to be done.
5. Multiple sizes: There are several types of fax cover templates. The types of fax cover templates depend heavily on their sizes. Having several fax covers in varying sizes will be a great help to you and other employees when they need to send smaller documents; like food receipts, invoices or even coupons.
Types of Fax Cover
As we spoke of earlier fax cover types depends on the size of the paper. Here is a list of the different types and size of paper used for fax cover or fax cover templates.
1. A4 (ISO) Fax Cover Template: According to the International Standards Organization A4 size paper is 8.27 x 11.69 inches. This is commonly used outside of the United States.
2. Letter size or A4 (US) Fax Cover Template: More commonly used inside the United States and other neighboring countries the letter or A4 (US) paper is 8.5 x 11 inches.
3. Legal size Fax Cover Template: Also commonly used inside the United States and other neighboring countries legal sized paper is 8.5 x 14 inches. Law firms usually use this size of papers for their legal documents.
4. Unusual Sizes Fax Cover Template: These are the sizes that are not commonly used for documents. Examples of these unusual size files are coupons, sales invoices, or even receipts.