- File Formats
What most people forget is that sending a fax can be faster than sending emails. When uploading high-resolution images, it often takes too much time. Emails also have a limit on how much data can be sent at a given time. Fax, however, can be a quicker and more efficient alternative.
Sending faxes is as easy as pressing a button. The true challenge lies in making your faxes look presentable. After all, you are sending these documents to business associates, colleagues, and clients. You want to show them that you have a degree of professionalism. So how do you make your faxes look professional? Use a fax cover.
Using fax cover templates is one of the quickest ways to make your own. Let us talk about the elements found in good fax cover templates. This way, when you make your own fax cover, it will be smooth sailing.
Knowing the elements of a good fax cover template is the first step into making your own fax cover. This way, you will know what and what not to have in your fax cover.
1. Useful and Relevant Design: Creativity is one thing, but a good fax cover only uses the most relevant designs. The point of a fax cover is to make the faxed document look both presentable and professional. Be careful to select a template that clearly represents you and your business. The last thing you want is for your clients and business partners to confuse you for a SPA when you run an advertising agency. In the case of your fax cover template, less is indeed more.
2. Clean and Spacious Document: When sending a fax, you do not want to take away too much space from the actual file or document itself. The fax cover needs only a few details. Make sure that your fax cover has enough white space for the actual document or files being sent. Businesses like law firms really appreciate the availability of space because when they fax over files, they send over a lot of files.
3. Branding Yourself: Since you will be sending files to both your business partners and clients, you will want to add your brand. Logo placement and business contact details are indispensable. This becomes a subtle way of marketing you and your business. Especially if you send faxes to new business partners or potential new clients.
Knowing the elements that make up a good fax cover template is only the first step. The next step is to actually make your own fax cover using a fax cover template. Here are the steps you need to know to make your very own fax cover.
1. Choose a fax cover template: Choosing a fax cover template only one of the steps. This serves as a guide to make your own fax cover. Choosing the right fax cover template as the foundation of your own fax cover is critical. You want your business partners to recognize you and your business. You to show off your creativity but in a subtle way.
2. Organize your information: The information found on most fax cover templates are more or less the same. You need to be able to organize the information to be filled up in a way that it does not look chaotic. The order is important to a lot of people. Your business partners and clients are sure to appreciate it if your fax cover is organized properly.
3. Layout your format: Make sure that you choose and layout the format of your fax cover in an organized manner. Then when you decide on the format or layout, you can add subtle designs or borders. Fonts types and font sizes are also decided on this part as well. Keep it nice and simple. Everything should be as simple as possible. Remember, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. If you run a marketing agency, your fax cover should reflect that.
4. Make fax covers in multiple sizes: Documents come in all shapes and sizes. Having a fax cover for documents of different sizes will make things easier for you down the road. Having fax covers in multiple sizes shows your business partners and clients that you are ready and prepared for anything.
5. Test your Fax Covers: Make sure that you know how your fax covers come across. Print several samples so you can see how they look before you send any faxes. You should also send a few faxes using the fax covers you made so you know how it looks when sent.
Faxes come in all shapes and sizes. Here are the different types of fax covers and what they are typically used for.
1. Documents and images: When sending a fax, the typical document size is A4 (ISO) or A4 (US). This can be anything from financial reports to office memos. Images are also sent using these sizes. Images can be anything that fits the fax machines. An example is when SPAs or salons send images of their location and services to clients and business partners.
2. Legal documents: These are typically used by law firms and the government court offices to send legal documents. The documents are in legal-sized papers.
3. Small or large documents: These are documents that are physically too large. Perfect examples are blueprints and floor plans. Small documents are typically files that are not usually printed on A4 size paper or larger. Examples of these are invoices, receipts, or even coupons.
Fax cover sizes depend on the paper used to print them on. Below are the most common fax cover template sizes that you can find.
1. A4 (ISO): ISO means “International Standards Organization”. A4 size paper is 8.27 x 11.69 inches.
2. A4 (US) or Letter: This paper size is more commonly used in the US and some neighboring countries. A4 (US) or Letter size paper is 8.5 x 11 inches.
3. Legal: Legal size paper is 8.5 x 14 inches.
4. Unusual Sizes: These are varying sizes of paper which are typically not bigger than the normal paper sizes.