They say the simplest things could be the most essential ones in life. One of the most important things people value since the dawn of technology is security. It had been the time when relaying message was given an upgrade to ease hardships in connecting but it soon gave way to risks. Even so, the usage of fax had become a must in varied offices and companies due to the ease it provides to working from two different places.
Offices and companies are the nesting grounds of business. Unfortunately, the monkey business wasn’t excluded in being brought out. This rooted from people who either have malicious intents or uncontrollable pranks that can go in a bad direction. The fax cover then came out from a search of a solution for the lack of security. To this day, fax covers are a necessity to make and use.
Speaking of making a fax cover, there are lots of tools that can be used to create one good fax. In this article, the tool on focus is Microsoft Publisher. It is one of the simplest tools one can use to create important documents.
Elements of a Good Fax Cover
1. Brief: The fax cover need only cover what is necessary for the sender. Using fax is usually linked to the sense of urgency so unless the sender needs to write a whole bunch of stories in detail that is needed for the recipient to respond to it, keeping things in concise is only appropriate in manner.
2. Organized Information: One must start the fax cover with the sender’s vital information. The information about the recipient comes next. Then, other necessary information comes after like the date and the number of pages if there are multiple faxes needed to be sent. Often times, there will also be a need to add a statement pertaining to the fax being urgent or the fax needed a reply. Everything must be in orderly in order not cause any pause or delay.
3. Informative: Relative to the previous key element, this seems obvious but this can still be neglected. At times there are fax covers that are too brief that other needed information is omitted. Depending on the type of fax sent, the fax cover must be able to give the recipient just enough heads up on what to expect and how to respond.
10+ Fax Cover Templates
Law Firm Fax Paper Template
Creative Agency Fax Paper Example
SEO Fax Paper Template
Advertising Agency Fax Paper Sample
Event Planner Fax Paper Template
Spa Fax Paper Example
Grand Hotel Fax Paper Example
Marketing Agency Fax Paper Sample
Fax Cover Sheet Template
Free Fax Cover Sheet Template
Steps to Make a Great Fax Cover
1. Input all the necessary details: With all the essential elements already being tackled, this is the first step to be done while considering all those minute information. For the business type of faxes, logos are placed atop. Company workers feel the need to add this especially to give the impression that fax is sent with urgency.
2. Organize the Information: To clearly relay message and info between two parties, put them all in this order. First would be the sender’s vital information which includes the sender’s name, fax number, contact number, and company number. Next would be the recipients’ info; this includes the recipient’s name, fax number and contact number if known. Input the date and number of pages of the fax to be received taking into note that the fax cover is included in the count. Lastly, state if this fax needs a reply and if it is urgent.
3. Use appropriate size: Choose the size of paper the would cover every detail needed that do not have too many spaces around or too little that you have to use another page for the supposed fax cover. Also, wisely estimate how the fax cover will fair once it would be printed out in the paper.
4. Know the appropriate orientation: The usual paper orientation used for fax is portrait. But there are some cases that landscape orientation is needed. As long as the sender’s mindset is on proper spacing and organization, this will come automatically.
Types of Fax Cover
- Basic: The type of fax cover is commonly used for non-formal and urgent faxes. It is a type of fax that is clean and uncomplicated.
- Bordered: This fax type is formal in form, but it commonly used for everyday non-urgent faxes. It usually contains the information needed for simple exchanges.
- Business: A very formal type of fax. It is similar to a business letter in an arrangement. This holds detailed information along with the company’s logo and statements necessary relative to the business’s concern. Usually, the type of fax that exudes urgency and needs a reply.
- Professional: A fax well arranged and details are lined. The fax is kept brief but informative enough. Particularly used in an exchange of faxes in offices.
Fax Cover Template Sizes
- Letter (8.5 in x 11 in): The paper size used for bordered faxes and for semi-formal ones. This may also be used for a non-formal but detailed type of faxes. This size and the next one are the traditional and conventional choice.
- Legal (8.5 in x 14 in): The paper size used for business and professional faxes.
- A4 (8.27 in × 11.7 in): Good to use for an everyday type of faxes sent from households or offices and used for projects. This is also the typical go-to paper size Americans and Canadians use for all varied types of faxes.
Do you include fax cover sheet in the number of pages?
Yes. Fax covers are technically part of the ones you need to fax. So in providing the info on the total number of pages, start with the fax cover as it is mandatory to be done before sending in the real deal.
Do you need a cover letter to fax?
Yes. Whether the fax needed to send is a formal one or not, you will not be able to send one without providing a few personal information as well as the recipients’ fax number and contact number. There won’t be a definite course or destination for the fax otherwise.
What does re: mean on a fax cover sheet?
This meant in regard to or at times, in reference to. Commonly seen or used in emails.
How does one fax a cover sheet?
Upon sending a fax, you provide the recipient’s fax numbers first. Then the machine will let you select a cover sheet where you will upload your choice. Look for it on browse then upload. You must have a fax cover prepared beforehand. Send the fax after the uploading has been completed.