Need to send a fax, but worried that it looks bare? Worried that your faxes look unprofessional to your business associates, colleagues, or worse, your clients? In the world we live in today, we rely heavily on emails, chats, and video conferences. It is easy to forget that we may still have the need to know how to send documents through fax.
Sending and receiving faxes are still relevant today. As you read this article, you will see the benefits of why sending fax can be a whole lot easier than emails. So getting back to the main question. Need to send a fax? You don’t have to worry. Using fax cover templates is the easiest and most reliable way to make your faxes look professional.
Choosing your fax cover may seem like a menial task. However, you should not underestimate its importance. Knowing the elements of a good fax cover may spell the difference between mediocrity and excellence. With that in mind, here are the elements of a great fax cover.
1. Relevance To Your Work: When choosing a fax cover template to follow, you must choose one that is relevant to your company. There are subtle differences that show off what a company does. For example, if your company mainly does event planning, it may look a little flashier. If your company is a law firm, it may have a more professional tone.
2. Simple: Simplicity is key in sophistication. You do not want to overcrowd your fax cover with too many unnecessary details. These details may end up taking the space you need for your fax details or documents. When it comes to fax, you need to keep it simple. Let us take a look at wedding fax covers as an example. You may see a little design, but not so much as to take away from the necessary space.
3. Spacious: As mentioned above, space is necessary for faxes. The choosing your fax cover template, you must make sure that you have the space you will need. This is, after all, the main point of sending a fax. You send the file or document that may be too long or too large to scan or send by the now traditional means.
4. Clean: Your fax cover needs to be clean and free from unnecessary information or decorations. Just because you run a creative agency, it does not mean you have to bedazzle every document you have. Do not use a lot where little will do.
Now that you know what the elements of a fax cover are, it’s time to outline the steps you need to make your own. Remember, there are plenty of fax cover templates out there you can use.
1. Choose your Format: There are several formats you can use for your fax cover. Once you decide on the format or layout, you then choose if you are comfortable in adding the subtle designs. Fonts and font sizes are also decided in this step. Layout the order of the fax cover. Make sure that it makes sense, and does not take up too much space.
2. Company Information: Adding your company logo helps the recipient of the fax when you place your company logo. More often than not, when people receive their faxes, it comes in one long file. Having your logo and other contact details present will help when they want to either send you a fax or contact you in any other way. This is also another way of advertising your company when sending faxes to new clients and other businesses.
3. Test Print: Always have test prints. You will want to see how your faxes come across. By having test prints and test faxes, you will see how your fax cover is holing up. You can also see potential problems. These problems could be, not having enough space, bag logo placement, or even not enough company information. Test the prints in both colored and black and white. You will want to adjust colors if they come out different over hat you see on your screens.
4. Multiple Sizes: Documents come in different sizes, having a fax cover for differently sized documents could come in handy. It will be easier for you to attach and send documents this way.
Knowing the different types or sizes of paper used in fax cover templates will help you greatly in the creation of your own fax cover.
1. A4 (ISO) Size: ISO is the International Standards Organization. A4 size paper in the International Standards Organization is 8.27 x 11.69 inches.
2. A4 (US) or Letter Size: This paper size is more commonly used in the US and some neighboring countries. The size differs slightly. A4 (US) or Letter size paper as it is more commonly known as is 8.5 x 11 inches.
3. Legal Size: This type of paper is used for legal documents. Legal size paper is 8.5 x 14 inches.
4. Uncommon Sizes: These sizes are usually for receipts or invoices. These can be any size of paper but not more than the normal paper sizes.
Fax cover templates typically depend on what type of documents your company sends. The typical sizes are A4 (International Standard Organization) 8.27 x 11.69 inches, A4 (US) or Letter Size 8.5 x 11 inches, and the lesser used Legal size 8.5 x 14 inches.