Advertising is all around us. We could only get used to it as the world evolves to a more capitalist and economy-driven society. That is why if you are marketer or entrepreneur today, you should begin recognizing the top marketing tools that you can use to leverage your business, product, or service. And one form of modern advertising method we are suggesting you follow is the use of digital signages.
Digital signages are electronic displays that showcase various pieces of information. They are controlled from a central hub or computer who determines the schedule and type of content displayed on each electronic screen. In the marketing world, digital signages are used to promote products, services, individuals, or topics in a more visually appealing manner. So if you are interested in implementing a digital signage marketing strategy for your business, read the rest of this article as we give you advice on how to create compelling digital signage designs.
Elements of a Good Digital Signage
A lot of things needs to be considered before you can craft a compelling digital signage design. If this is your first time creating one, you will need all the guidance and knowledge you can get. To get started on your learning journey, we have prepared a short list of the most important elements or features that should make a good digital signage design. Find out what they are below.
1. Relevant Design Theme: A good digital signage is one that sports a relevant theme or motif. This means that the design and text elements used in your digital signage all points to one core effect, message, or aesthetic. To illustrate, if you are creating an in-store promotional digital signage for your bookshop’s holiday promotions, it is best to incorporate color schemes, font styles, and images that display the same holiday cheer. Doing this ties up all the visual and textual cues within the design and organizes them into a single message.
2. Appropriate Lettering Style: After making sure that your digital signage follows one theme, you should also make sure that it uses a complementary lettering style. Choose one typeface family and font styles that will make your digital signage’s text easier to read. Also, format any text elements in a way that ties in with the signage’s theme and the message you wish it to convey.
3. Visual Hierarchy: Another design element that helps create compelling digital signage designs is a good visual hierarchy. There should be visual flow within all the text and graphic elements used in your design. Choose specific elements that you want to highlight and make sure that they are arranged in a way that compels readers or customers to look at them first. In a digital signage design, the product and the product name that is being promoted or advertised is often the one thing that is made more prominent and is highlighted. Take a look at this Christmas digital signage design and find out how to make a creative yet organized layout design.
4. Compelling Call To Action: Another characteristic that helps transform ordinary signage design into something more compelling is a well-crafted Call To Action. This refers to an image, sentence, phrase, or a combination thereof that encourages customers or readers to do something preferably related to the brand or product. An effective call to action is one that leaves a customer or reader with something to think about even after viewing the digital signage.
5. Engaging Animation: The most effective digital signages are those that seamlessly combine text, visual, and dynamic elements into a neat and engaging presentation or animation. Choose or select a signage design that simply gets a message across without being too boring. Pick a signage design that makes a customer think or something that makes them want to share that information they learned from your digital signage with another person.
Let your digital signage designs embody all these core elements and characteristics. That way, you will end up with a compelling final output that is also entirely different from all the other signages your competitors may have created.
10+ Digital Signage Templates in PSD
Featured below are digital signages in Adobe Photoshop (PSD) file formats. Browse through each template until you find the design that you think will work best for you and your business.
After Work Parties Digital Signage Template
Business Hours Digital Signage Sample
Hall of Fame Digital Signage Template
Happy Hour Digital Signage Example
In-store Promotion Digital Signage Sample
Mother’s Day Digital Signage Template
Sample Price List Digital Signage
Real Estate Listing Digital Signage Template
School Opening Digital Signage Example
Spring Season Digital Signage Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Digital Signage
Now that you seen all the examples of digital signage templates in PSD file formats embedded above, it is time to get more serious in crafting your own digital signage designs. Listed below are a few more design hacks and tips that can help you create high-impact digital signages.
Read and internalize all these tips so that you become more confident in your digital signage-making prowess.
1. Focus on a single moving element: Multiple moving elements in a video or digital presentation can easily overwhelm your customers. So when creating digital signages (especially if it is a business digital signage), make sure that you focus on one dynamic element and allow your design to revolve around that. This way, viewers or customers will not have to frequently shift between different objects in the design and, in effect, fail to understand what the signage was all about.
2. Make the signage as readable as possible: Next, make it a priority to ensure the readability of your digital signage. Since this marketing tool is showcased through electronic screens, choose good typefaces and font styles. Also, pay attention to the text size and how groups of text are presented within the signage. Follow the basic text composition and eyeliner rules that as they help improve any design’s readability.
3. Opt for high screen resolution: As its name implies, digital signages are displayed on electronic screens with varying display sizes. To ensure that all the design elements used in your digital signage come out well on screen, it is best to use a high screen resolution ration for the entire signage file. You may go up to as high as 1920 x 1080 for a high definition viewing experience.
4. Limit your signage content’s length: Do not forget that digital signages are still forms of content intended to attract and entice people to purchase or try out new things. But to get people’s attention and not bore them, your digital signage needs to be at the right length. Consider the average person’s attention span and factor in the location of the signage, the product you are promoting, etc. Most marketers recommend that digital signage content should be as short as thirty seconds. Content that is longer than two minutes will run the risk of being too and, thus, becomes ineffective marketing tools.
5. Keep the signage updated: Next, do not forget to update the content of your digital signages. This is especially important if you are offering voucher codes, promotions and discounts in your digital signages as they tend to expire after a few days or weeks. Keeping a signage content updated also helps prevent confusion among your employees and customers.
Apply all these additional design tips and hacks into your own digital signages and you will hopefully create only compelling signage designs in the future. For now, while you are still learning the ropes of signage design, do not forget to enjoy the creative process and always keep an open mind to learn new and fun things.
Digital Signage Sizes
There is no one standard size for digital signages. This is due to the fact that there are different screen display sizes used by different marketers and entrepreneurs. All the free and premium digital signage templates shared in this article are fully resizable to fit whatever screen display type you want to use.
Digital Signage FAQs
What is a digital signage template in PSD?
A digital signage template in PSD is a pre-formatted graphic design file created using Adobe Photoshop. It contains all the text, illustration, placeholder, image, and layout files needed to create a digital signage design. Adobe Photoshop templates will have a .psd file extension name.
What is the difference between digital signage and a billboard?
Billboards and digital signages both are marketing collaterals that are intended to the viewing of a lot of people at the same time. Their main difference lies in how they are presented to current and potential customers. A billboard design is printed out on a large tarpaulin or canvas material before plastered on skyscrapers, on the side of buildings, and other places. Digital signage, on the other hand, is only showcased on an electronic display. They are not physically printed.
What other software programs can be used to create digital signages?
Aside from Adobe Photoshop, you may also use other compatible graphic design and compositing software programs like Adobe InDesign and Illustrator to create digital signage designs.