Chalk is the oldest recorded art medium in history, which is also a tool used for drawings on blackboards, walls, brick floors, and even on paper. Chalks are made of pure limestone, and it smudges and blends easily, which makes it ideal for highlighting, shading, and contouring. Chalk produces different results when wet or combined with other pigments.
We have available chalk drawings for inspiration that are produced by professional chalk artists. The chalk drawings illustrate a variety of subjects, including people, food, places, animals, and even a combination of these. There are also out-of-the-box designs that is sure to wow you. Check out our amazing chalk drawings we offer you below.
3D Chalk Drawing
Realistic Chalk Drawing
Pastel Chalk Drawing
Chalkboard Drawing Ideas
What We Offer
Our chalk art designs are ideal for use as decorative pieces, signs, or menu boards in restaurant and cafés or as a promotional display boards and bulletin boards in creative firms or interior design offices.
The chalk art designs our website has includes the following:
- 3D Chalk Drawing. These impressive 3D chalk design makes animated characters like Super Mario come to life and sail to motion.
- Realistic Chalk Drawing. If you are a fan of portraits, you can use the charcoal drawing for a realistic look.
- Pastel Chalk Drawing. Want an oil-painted effect? You can use the pastel chalk drawing for fine art pieces.
- Chalk Drawing Illusions. Want a witty trick using chalk drawings? Use the chalk drawing illusion design.
- Vector Chalk Drawing. This classroom chalk drawing will leave you full of tech ideas for your project.
- Chalk Drawing Clipart. Need food clip art for your restaurant menu? You can use this design for your convenience.
- Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Ideas. Need street smart chalk designs? This design is a head turner.
Different Kinds of Chalk
Chalk drawing designs are made with different types of chalk. Some of the popular chalks used in producing the chalk drawing designs available in our list we found are the following:
- Chalk sticks. Chalk sticks could be multicolored and are commonly used in classrooms for temporary drawings.
- Liquid chalk pens. These are used for mirrors, porcelains, rubbers, and metals.
- Chalk powders. Chalk powders are used for fine linings on cemented surfaces.
- Road marking chalk. This is specially designed for street art.
Chalk Drawing Illusions
Vector Chalk Drawing
Chalk Drawing Clipart
Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Ideas
As Old as Time
Charcoal drawings date back to 26,000 BCE; they were used by early settlers for documentation and directional purposes. It become a medium for art in the mid-nineteenth century when the French impressionism movement began. The movement involved the use of realistic images instead of fantasy art.
Charcoal drawings were created out of charcoal sticks, which is a result of burned wood. Most charcoal drawings are sketched on canvas and painted over with oil pastels. Portraits were one of the first charcoal drawings.
Texture, tonal areas, and shading are three important details to consider when using charcoal for art designs. You produce different charcoal effects depending on the thickness of the charcoal stick you use.
If you plan on making any of the charcoal designs we we have, you need to have the right paper like the following:
- Stonehenge papers. This type of paper has a smooth surface and is heavier compared to ordinary paper. This helps in emphasizing layers. The paper is durable and can withstand repeated erasures.
- Lanaquarelle. This heavyweight and pricey paper has a more textured surface compared to Stonehenge paper. You may use this for medium charcoal drawings.
- Fine-toothed papers. If you want a cheap variety of paper, you may use this one. This paper has a smooth surface but less texture.
It also helps to use different sizes of charcoal sticks to produce varied and beautiful shades and strokes to your charcoal drawings.