An effective email signature can be a very strong asset to driving potential clients and business partners towards your company or brand. An email signature is more than just an attachment, it’s a personal brand. In our century today, it’s best to have a digital business card that contains personal information and some useful details to promote your product or service. Business is a competition, which is why it’s important to leave a good impression. One can also use Adobe Photoshop to create an email signature to do so.
Elements of a Good Email Signature
A good email signature is not flashy, but informative in a systematized and well-designed way. It takes a well-made email signature to successfully capture the attention of the readers. But how do you make a good email signature? Take note of these elements that will surely boost your confidence in your business.
1. Key Components: An email signature is a well-designed piece of information regarding a person or a company. People will probably reach you through your email signature so it’s best to keep it at par. Here are some important key components that should be included.
- Name of person/company
- Contact information
- Social media links
- Company logo
- Personal photo
- Email disclaimer
2. Color: One easy way to draw attention is by using colors. You can use colors to highlight certain pieces of information. Take advantage of the numerous color palettes available. However, there are some guidelines regarding this element. Use a maximum of two or three colors and make sure that each of those colors compliments each other. Make sure also that the color you have picked matches the color schemes of your branding elements.
3. Visual Hierarchy: Your email signature contains important details regarding you or the company you are working for, so the good hierarchy is a must. Upon designing your texts, you can highlight the important details by using a font type, adjusting the font size, or through colors. This will guide the readers as to what parts of your email signature matters.
4. Branding Elements: If you have a business logo, include it in your email signature. Your logo will provide brand recognition, which is a very helpful marketing strategy. Or maybe, if you have a digital signature, you can also include it. That will make your email signature look more legal and personal. Another branding element you can place includes quotes, promotional banners, brand catch phrase, and key articles that you have authored.
12+ Email Signature Templates in PSD
The email signature sample templates shown below are all editable using Adobe Photoshop. These templates are pre-designed with texts, font types, font sizes, and images for your convenience.
Social Media Email Signature Template
Creative Email Signature Example
Formal Email Signature Template
Minimalist Email Signature Example
Make-up Artist Email Signature Sample
Advertising Consultant Email Signature
Coach Email Signature Example
Company CEO Email Signature Sample
Real Estate Agent Email Signature Template
Company Director Email Signature Template
Professional Email Signature Example
Standard Email Signature Template
Massage Email Signature Template
Steps How to Make a Good Email Signature
Email signatures will reflect your professionalism on your business. Making one includes a lot of time investment and dedication to truly create a personal email signature that can communicate to the readers. Here are the necessary steps.
1. Enumerate the key components you want to include: Before heading off to typing your email signature, enumerate the key components you would be including. Doing so will help you stay focus on the process part and will also give you an idea on how the layout should look like.
2. Download a template: Starting from scratch and doing an email signature on your own can be such a hassle at most times. Take advantage of online templates that are readily available. These templates are pre-designed for your convenience. After downloading a template, open a design software, such as Adobe Photoshop. Open your downloaded template and edit it from there.
3. Place in illustrations and branding elements: After typing in all the details, you can now place your personal or company’s logo if you have any. If there’s still space left, you can also insert your personal photograph for a more personalized email signature look. Make sure that the resolution of the images are high because a blurry one might discourage potential clients.
4. Adjust design elements: If the color ain’t working out, feel free to change it. Check if the texts are legible, and if not, adjust the font size or try a different font type. Finalize the text alignments along with the images. Try showing your template to your friends or family for more opinions on how effective your signature template is. If you are already contented with the final output, save your email signature template and it will have a file extension name of .PSD.
5. Incorporate it on your email: Moving forward, you can then start inserting your email signature at the end of your emails.
Tips for a Great Email Signature
- Less is more: Try to keep your email signature look professional and sophisticated. Keep it simple and only include the details that matters or are helpful. Don’t overcrowd your email signature with too much information. Doing so might discourage or irritate your readers.
- Mention social media accounts: One way to connect with your readers is through your social media account. Feel free to include them and link them up on your email signature. It also another way to keep your readers updated with your or your company’s activities. You also have to be responsible with your posts online. Make sure that your posts are business-related and take down any posts that will give people a bad impression about you or what you do.
Sizes of Email Signature
- 600 Width Layout
- 600 x 272 Layout
- 792 x 272 Layout
- 11 x 3.77 Inches
FAQ’s about Email Signatures
What are the don’t when creating an email signature?
Never make the mistake of including your email address. Doing so is a waste of time since the reader can always hit back reply anyway, and the email address can be easily seen by just looking through the text box that contains the name of who sent it. Another don’ts is to never include unnecessary details in your signature. So ditch the inspirational quote that you’ve been considering in your mind.