10+ Event Ticket Designs & Templates
Tickets come in various forms and types, but regardless of the type, most tickets have a similar purpose, which is to permit individuals to something or someplace. Tickets are common in events due to a number of reasons, they contribute to the success of the event, and they keep track of the number of attendees.
If you’re planning on hosting an event which will require the use of tickets, then you are definitely in the perfect place. Below, we have a collection of event ticket templates that you can download, as well as some guidelines for those who are planning to make their own.
Elements of a Good Event Ticket
- The Organization or Company’s Name: This element is what provides the ticket holder with the identity of the event organizer, which can either be an organization or a company. The organizers should always be acknowledged on the ticket or on any advertisement tool, and in cases wherein there are multiple organizers, each one should be acknowledged.
- The Organization or Company’s Logo: Aside from just indicating the name of the organizer/s, their logo should also be included to further promote their identity.
- The Event’s Name: In events, it is always best to come up with a name to both make it distinguishable and easier to recall. You may choose whether to use a single word or a short phrase for the name of the event, just make sure that it is, in fact, something that’s easy to recall. For events that are held regularly every year, you may be allowed to use the same name over and over again, simply end it with the corresponding year.
- A Catchphrase: While writing a catchphrase is not really necessary, it can actually add to making the event sound enticing. This catchphrase should appear not only on the event ticket but on advertisement materials as well.
- The Schedule: This element provides the ticket holder with the information they need regarding when the event is going to take place. When writing the schedule, make sure to include both the date and the time.
- The Venue: This is another element that’s highly essential because it provides information regarding where the event is going to be held. Here, you may be allowed to only write the street address of the location, though you may also be allowed in include a few landmarks to guide those who are unfamiliar with the place.
- A Code for Scanning: Back then, tickets come with a detachable piece that event staff will tear off upon the ticket holder’s entry. Though this is still very commonly done today, an alternative to this would be to add a code to the design that event staff will simply scan using a scanning device. This code can either be in the form of a bar code or a QR code.
10+ Event Ticket Templates
Live Concert Event Ticket Design
Graphic Event Admission Ticket Example
Company Barbecue Event Ticket Template
Flat Sports Event Ticket Sample
Modern Concert Event Ticket Template
Sports Event Ticket Invitation Sample
Throwdown Event Admission Ticket Example
Modern Graphic Event Ticket Design
Event Ticket Card Design
DJ Event Ticket Template
Steps to Designing a Good Event Ticket
- Determine a Theme: The first step that you will need to take is to determine how you want to present your admission ticket through its theme. When choosing a theme, you have the choice of either going minimal or creative. Go with the theme that best suits your event.
- Decide on the Size: In terms of size, you can actually refer to the list of ticket sizes provided below. You can go small or you can also go huge, it all depends on which size seems appropriate. In addition to this, also decide whether to go portrait or landscape with your event tickets.
- Add the Elements: Elements include text and graphics, and not only will these help in providing the ticket holder with the necessary information, but this can also add to the beauty of the event ticket.
- Choose a Type of Paper: When it comes to paper material for printing, find one that’s highly durable and sturdy, and choose whether to go with a matte or glossy paper.
- Print Them Out: Not only should you consider using a high-quality paper material, but also make sure that you print out your ticket design in the best quality possible in order for both the text and the graphics to be appreciable. If you choose to print them out yourself, then set your printer to print at the highest setting. However, if you want to save yourself the hassle, then you can always have your design printed in printing companies.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Event Ticket Layout
- Keep your ticket layout as uncluttered as possible, an organized layout has a higher chance of appealing to audiences.
- Always find space for the names and logos of the organizers and the sponsors.
- Choose a font that’s appropriate, and make the text as legible as possible.
Types of Tickets
1. Event Tickets: The first type of ticket on this list tells you everything you need to know about the templates that you have just seen in this article, these tickets are those that are commonly used in events (obviously). Event tickets permit its holder entry to a venue and attend an event. These tickets can be purchased from authorized ticketing centers, from the organizers themselves, or from the internet.
2. Movie Tickets: This type of tickets work almost the same way as event tickets, they permit the holder entry to a venue and watch something that’s entertaining, and in this case, a movie theater and a movie, respectively. Just like event tickets, these contain the date and time that the ticket is valid for use, the difference with movie tickets though is that they may also bear a specified seat number for the ticket holder. However, for movies that allow free-seating, the inclusion of the seat number is omitted. Movie tickets can be bought either online or at the movie house itself.
3. Airline Tickets: Airline tickets are printed documents that simply serve to verify that the person whose name is indicated on the ticket has booked for a seat on an airline. However, this ticket cannot be used as it is and will still need to be presented during the check-in process in order for the ticket holder to be issued with the boarding pass. The boarding pass is what gets the passenger entry into the restricted area of the airport as well as into the airline itself. Airline tickets can be bought online, from the airline office, or from authorized travel agencies.
4. Meal Tickets: Meal tickets work just like meal vouchers, wherein they are used to permit the holder the chance to eat in a food establishment that’s indicated on the ticket. While meal vouchers are commonly given by employers to their workers as a form of perk, meal tickets are usually given away by food establishments as a prize, though they can also be bought and given as a gift to another person.
5. Season Tickets: These are the type of tickets which are commonly used in sports events, and it is simply because sports have seasons which refer to the entire time period wherein the games are in session. However, not all season tickets are the same since the duration of seasons vary across different sports.
6. Parking Tickets: These are the type of tickets that are issued to vehicle owners when they park in a parking spot. Parking tickets are somewhat similar to receipts since they are only issued when the vehicle owner has paid for the parking spot. These tickets are either issued by an attendant, a parking meter, or a specialized machine that prints out parking tickets upon entering a parking area. There are some parking areas that only allow a specific duration for each vehicle, and they would usually indicate the time on the ticket in order for the vehicle owner to keep track of how long they have parked their car and to avoid paying a penalty fee.
7. Lottery Tickets: These are tickets that are primarily used for gambling purposes, though there are a few countries that still consider them to be illegal. Lottery involves paying money in order to buy numbers, and then winning a cash prize if the selected numbers match with those on the official result. In times when an official result has been drawn and nobody was able to win, the amount of the prize will continuously increase until somebody finally wins. Lottery tickets can only be purchased in authorized lottery outlets.
8. Traffic Tickets: Unlike most of the other types of tickets, these are something that no person would ever want to get. The reason behind that is because traffic tickets are only issued to traffic violators, and this includes vehicle drivers and pedestrians. Traffic tickets are commonly issued by a traffic enforcer to an individual after the fine or penalty has been paid. But for instances wherein the violation was only witnessed through a high-speed camera, the ticket will be mailed to the respective violator, and the latter will still need to pay for a fine.
Sizes of Tickets
- 2 x 5.5 inches
- 2.75 x 5.5 inches
- 2.75 x 8.5 inches
- 3.5 x 8.5 inches
FAQs about Event Tickets
When buying online tickets, is it necessary to print them out?
No, it is not necessary. When buying tickets through the internet, you can choose to present a printed copy of the ticket, or you can simply present it using a mobile device.
Are event tickets refundable?
Yes, most event tickets are refundable, though some organizers may get part of the payment for compensation, it all depends on the event organizers.
If you’re still skeptical regarding the event ticket templates that you have just seen, it’s probably best to tell you that other than just being downloadable, these templates are high-quality and fully editable. As long as you follow the steps and tips that we have discussed earlier, you won’t have to worry about anything.