Before your recipient receives your fax message, a fax cover sheet is sent first. The main role of fax cover sheets is to identify the name and the contact information of the sender. Some cover sheets also provide a brief description of the purpose of the incoming fax. While fax cover sheets may be optional, it’s hard to deny that these papers play a part in fax marketing.
An effective fax cover sheet is a good marketing asset for any business. Fax cover sheets are often plain and straight to the point, but some feature design elements. Below are a few important elements you might want to put in mind before heading off to make a fax cover sheet.
1. Key Components: Fax cover sheets must contain pieces of personal information regarding the sender and the recipient. These are the main key components that should be in your cover template.
2. Branding elements: Include your company logo if you have any. Doing so will help your brand get more recognition and this will also make your cover sheet look more professional. Logos are visual representations of an established business, so putting one on your fax cover sheet can make it look more important. Another thing you can incorporate on your fax cover sheet is your digital signature. This can make your sheet look more personalized and legal.
3. Typography: Fax cover sheets have to look professional, so they have to be typed professionally too. Opt for casual font types such as Lucidia, Times New Roman, or Verdana. Also try to avoid fonts that are too thin because the resolution might be messed up upon printing, and steer clear of fonts that are in the script.
Fax cover sheets are easy to make most especially with designing software such as Microsoft Word. Embedded below are eleven samples of fax cover templates. These pre-designed templates are made for your convenience.
After going through the essential elements and looking through some fax cover sheet samples, let’s go to the process of making one. Making this marketing tool can be just a walk in the park. Follow through these basic steps on how to make a good fax cover.
1. Download a fax cover sheet template: Fax cover sheets may be easy to make but it takes a professional to make an effective one. Feel free to take advantage of the hundreds of fax cover templates made online. Choose a template that is compatible with your design software of choice.
2. Open your design software choice: The template samples included in this article are all editable using Microsoft Word. Make sure to download the template, open up the application, then edit it from there. If you are not using a template to make a fax cover sheet, you can open a blank page in MS Word. Type in the key components mentioned in the latter section and work on the layout and typography.
3. Tweak some design elements: After working on the basic information on your cover sheet, it’s time to adjust some design elements. Check if the layout is comprehensible and if the font types are readable. Adjust the font sizes too if it’s too small or if it takes up much space. Incorporate your company logo if you have any for brand recognition. Modify some colors, try to minimize the color scheme to two colors only.
The sample fax cover sheets in this article all follow the standard size of 8.5 x 11 inches. This size is the same for all cover sheet templates.
Technically, this article covered some basic information regarding fax cover sheets, below are some frequently asked questions regarding this subject.
This is a pre-designed template made compatible in Microsoft Word. Fax cover templates generally are easier to make under this software due to the user-friendly features it has. This template already has elements such as font type, font size, logo, and the key components of a fax cover sheet itself. When saved, these cover sheets have a file extension name of .DOC.
Faxed documents are technically considered legal most especially when associated with a signature. Sending a fax cover sheet before sending the actual fax is essential most especially when sending on a communal fax machine because the fax cover sheet will specify who is the expected recipient along with the name of the sender.