10+ Basketball Tournament Flyer Designs & Templates
Ever since the sport basketball was invented and introduced by Dr. James Naismith, it has become one of the biggest sports in the world. With so many basketball leagues and associations all over the world, it is definitely something that will stand the test of time, it may even grow bigger over the years.
Whether you’re hosting a basketball tournament on an annual basis, to raise funds, or to simply promote the sport, the use of flyers would be a good choice. Here, we have an assortment of basketball tournament flyer templates that you can download and use, check them out below.
Elements of a Good Basketball Tournament Flyer
1. The headline: This element is applicable not only on flyer but on any written material, wherein it serves to grab the attention from people and it also introduces them to what the material is about. However, your headline should also be written effectively since it will also contribute in the reader’s first impression towards the flyer and towards the business or organization behind it. A good flyer’s headline should get to the gist of the message right off the bat and be able to effectively encourage audiences to continue reading.
2. Graphical elements: Any advertisement material will look a whole lot better with graphics, these elements can greatly appeal to readers. Graphical elements are more than just a decorative enhancement to keep readers entertained while going through the sports flyer, but can also tie in with the business’ or organization’s identity. Also, the graphics can draw out an emotional response from the readers as well as create their desired mood.
3. Attention, interest, desire, action: During the process of designing flyers, you should plan it according to AIDA. The design and text of your flyer should know how to demand attention to entice a prospective reader to give it another look. Also, the design and text should be enough to create interest in the reader, and this will lead them to continue reading instead of throwing the flyer away after reading just the headline. A good flyer’s design and text should be able to create a sense of desire within the reader, and it should effectively lead them to take the necessary action.
4. Overall goal: What is the point of your flyer? What is it trying to convey? A good flyer should provide more than just the information about the business, it should also have an actual purpose. Are you trying to communicate a product or service? Or are you trying to announce or spread awareness regarding an upcoming event? This is the advantage of using flyers, they are highly versatile and can be used for a lot of purposes. So be sure to know what your goal is, and then format your text and graphics in order to reach your goal.
5. Contact information: Considered as being the single most vital element on any advertisement tool, the contact information is what readers look for if ever they want to get in touch with the organization behind the flyer. This element communicates to the reader how to get hold of the advertisers, whether it is to make inquiries, to volunteer, or to avail of whatever is being advertised. Make your contact information visible, never let your readers stress themselves out in looking for means to communicate with you.
10 Basketball Tournament Flyer Templates
Basketball Madness Event Flyer Template
Minimal Basketball Tournament Flyer Sample
Simple Basketball Championship Flyer Example
Basketball Game Tournament Flyer Format
Chalkboard Basketball Tournament Flyer Layout
Creative Basketball Event Flyer Design
Basketball Playoffs Event Flyer Template
Three on Three Basketball Flyer Sample
Basketball Championship Night Flyer Example
All Star Basketball Flyer Design
How to Create a Basketball Tournament Flyer
1. Prepare your content by writing a draft: As mentioned during the elements section, your content should be attention-grabbing, interesting, desirable, and motivate readers to take action. In order for your content to have all these aspects, it would be best to write a draft of your content first to allow you to make revisions easily.
2. Sketch a layout of your flyer design: Aside from just writing a draft of your content, you probably should do a sketch of the entire layout of your flyer as well. On this sketch, just indicate how you want your elements to be arranged and how big each element will be. This way, you can easily make modifications to the design and you can also assure yourself of a well-organized flyer that’s worth reading.
3. Download a flyer template: Rather than start creating your flyers all the way from the bottom, why not give yourself a head start? The best way you can do that is by using flyer templates, and these can be found all over the internet. The ones presented in this article are not only beautiful, but also fully editable templates that you can use to make stunning basketball tournament flyers.
4. Gather additional elements: Oftentimes, a flyer template lacks some of the elements that a user wants for the design, which may lead them to either resort to the ones already provided on the template, or to download additional ones. If you’ve got something in mind in terms of the elements, you might as well grab the opportunity now to download additional images, shapes, or illustrations, just make sure to download those that aren’t watermarked.
5. Edit the flyer template: After you have gathered everything you need for your flyers, it’s now time to do some editing. During the editing phase, you can now write the content that you have prepared, you can rearrange the elements according to your sketch, and you can add elements or remove those that are unnecessary.
6. Evaluate and proofread: Once the design on the flyer has already been edited, you should first have it evaluated before proceeding to have it published or printed. During this phase, you might also want to get another person to evaluate the edited flyer design with you, two heads are always better than one. And aside from just evaluating, your should also proofread the content for any trace of grammatical or spelling errors.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Basketball Tournament Flyer Layout
1. Always focus on function before form: Oftentimes, we try a little too hard in making our flyers stand out that we tend to lean more towards creativity. The main disadvantage with this is that the flyer’s content may be neglected and the design may end up looking distracting. The fun features can always come in second, your main priority when designing flyers is for it to be functional and relevant enough to fully entice people into grabbing a copy of it. In the case of event flyers, the text should be clear enough to make readers want to attend the event.
2. Use grids if you’re running out of space: One of the biggest challenges when designing advertisement tools is being able to add as much information as you can while still keeping the design clean and uncluttered. This is absolutely the reason why you should start designing your flyers by actually making a sketch of the layout. Another good way of making the most out of the allotted space is by utilizing a grid on the layout. Cleverly divide your flyer into different sections, and use those sections for specific aspects of your message.
3. Don’t be afraid to go minimal: A highly colorful flyer layout may seem like a good idea to draw the needed attention, but it can also be distracting and hard to read if it overpowers the content. The minimalist theme is often underestimated for its limited use of colors and graphics, but when used properly, it can actually lead to a more appealing look. Another advantage of the minimalist theme is that it makes the text a lot more visible and much easier to read.
4. But be sure not to get dull: In connection with being minimal with the design of your flyers, there is often a risk of making the design too dull to be appreciated. Making a dull or poorly designed flyer may result in an understatement which in turn, will most likely fail in trying to draw attention from a crowd. However, this can easily be resolved by simply adding in a touch of color, balancing the elements, and simply adding a sense of optimism on the layout.
Types of Flyers
- Leaflets: Considered as the smallest among the different types, promotional leaflets are actually packed with information and are relatively easy to distribute and send through the mail.
- Single sheet flyers: Also known as the standard flyers, these are the big brothers of the leaflets and are more capable of holding information. The size of this type of flyer makes it ideal for both hand distribution and posting on flat surfaces.
- Door handle flyers: Instead of being distributed by hand or attached to walls, these are hung on door handles of offices and establishment. This type of flyer is a longer and slimmer version of the standard flyer, but with a hole on the top area where the door handle passes through.
- Single fold flyer: This flyer is very similar to a half fold brochure, wherein the material is made more compact by folding it in half.
Sizes of Flyers
- 2.5” x 4”
- 3.75” x 8.25”
- 4” x 6”
- 4.2” x 5.5”
- 5” x 7”
- 5.5” x 8.5”
- 6” x 6”
- 8” x 8”
- 8.5” x 11”
- 11” x 17”
FAQs about Basketball Tournament Flyers
What is a flyer?
A flyer is basically an advertisement material in the form of a sheet of paper.
How are flyers distributed?
The most common way of distributing flyers is by hand, but they can also be posted on walls and bulletin boards, and even sent through the mail.
We hope our flyer templates were enough to impress you, and we also hope that our guidelines and tips were able to provide you with the needed assistance. Our templates are indeed stunning, but what you don’t know is that they are also fully editable. What are you waiting for? Download one now.