10+ BBQ Weekend Flyer Designs & Templates
People enjoy getting together for a barbecue, it’s probably the single most convenient way to gather people over a meal. Whether it is going to be attended by friends, family, relatives, or complete strangers, barbecue parties are fairly easy to plan, prepare, and manage, making it a go-to type of event.
If you planning to host a barbecue party at the weekends, then you might want to make an announcement through the use of flyers. Below, we have an assortment of downloadable barbecue weekend flyer templates that you can use. These templates have been gathered from multiple websites just for you.
Elements of a Good BBQ Weekend Flyer
1. The organizer or host’s name: To acknowledge the person or organization who is responsible for making the entire event possible, their name should be indicated on the flyer. Ideally, you can write their name on the topmost area of the flyer, though you may be allowed to put it anywhere on the layout as long as it is prominent or visible.
2. The title of the event: The next element on an event flyer should be the title or the heading. This element should be found right below the name/s of the event organizer/s to easily identify them. This element should be the most prominent one all throughout the layout, it should also be clearly visible even at a distance. Just like any other title or heading, this element primarily serves to set the reader’s expectations towards the event.
3. The message of the event: Since the title is simply for setting the reader’s mood on what to expect, the message is what communicates all the necessary information. This element mentions or lists down what a reader needs to know regarding the event, and this includes the date and time, the venue, contact details, and some specific people to look for when asking for something. Although the details are still to be explained further, this is simply to inform readers that if interested, they are very much welcome to attend the event.
4. The date and time: After conveying your message to the reader and telling them that they are welcome to the event, you can then provide them with a more thorough set of information starting with the schedule. In terms of the schedule, it should include both the date and time that the event is going to be held.
5. The location or venue: The venue or location refers to where the event is going to be held, and when writing this element, you should include the name of the place and its street address. In terms of the street address, try to make it as thorough as possible to avoid the risk of misleading people to an incorrect location. If you want to really make sure that the attendees will be able to find the venue, you may also include a small map on the flyer layout.
6. Participating organizations, persons, or sponsors: If an event is small and private, then it would probably be enough for one person or at least a small group of people to plan and finance it. However, if the event is big or is meant to accommodate a large group of attendees, then it will most likely require sponsors or other participating entities. If this is the case, you should also acknowledge them by mentioning their name somewhere on the flyer, and this element is commonly seen somewhere along the bottom of the layout.
7. Instructions on how to avail or join: Readers and interested people will often ask, “How can I join or get myself access to the event?” or maybe “How can I purchase event tickets?”. While many would choose to leave it at that and just wait for prospects to call them and ask those questions, why not provide them with answers already? This way, prospects no longer need to call to ask questions, they will simply call to inform that they will be attending the event.
8. Contact information: In relation to the previous element, if a prospect wishes to call the organizers either to ask a question or to confirm their presence, they will need to look for the organizer’s contact number. If the contact number couldn’t be found on the flyer, then how else would a prospect be able to get in touch with the staff? Do not fail to include your contact information, it is a highly essential element in every marketing tool.
10+ BBQ Weekend Flyer Templates
Modern Weekend BBQ Flyer Template
Employee BBQ Party Flyer Template
Free BBQ Sunday Flyer Template
BBQ Wars Flyer Template
Free Holiday BBQ Flyer Template
Summer Weekend BBQ Flyer Sample
Weekend Dinner BBQ Flyer Example
Cook Out BBQ Flyer Layout
BBQ Sunday Weekend Flyer Format
BBQ Event Weekend Flyer Design
Fiery BBQ Weekend Flyer Template
Steps to Designing a Good BBQ Weekend Flyer
1. Choose a theme that fits the occasion: Every event should have its own theme, its what makes the event unique and different from the others. Even though you’re simply hosting a barbecue party, which is something that’s not uncommon, you should still add in a little something to make your event exciting. Whatever that theme will be, you should also incorporate that to the design of your flyer. Choose a theme for your flyer that matches with the theme of the event.
2. Prepare the message by writing a draft: Since the message is what communicates the relevant details to the reader, it should be written carefully and precisely, and one way to ensure that you’ll be able to do just that is by writing a draft. Making a draft of the message will help you to write your message naturally, and handwritten drafts will allow you to easily rewrite the content while also keeping track of the revisions.
3. Decide on the size of the flyers: Flyers come in various sizes, some are small and can easily be placed inside the pocket while others are bigger than the standard letter size. Depending on your preference and the impact that you want to communicate to the reader, you should decide on the size of your flyers. For your reference, you may check out the list of the different flyer sizes provided below.
4. Pick a type of flyer to use: Not only do flyers come in different sizes, but they also come in different types, and a list of them are also provided below. There are five different types of flyers to choose from: business flyers, event flyers, sports flyers, leaflets, and door handle flyers. These types of flyers will be explained further below, just make sure that when you’re choosing which type to use, go with the one that suits your purpose.
5. Download a flyer template from the internet: In order to make it easier for you to make your own flyers, you can download a flyer template and work on it instead of starting all the way from the bottom. Flyer templates can be found all over the internet, you don’t have to worry about where you can find one, just make sure to download those that are high quality and fully editable. Luckily, the templates featured on this website have those two qualities.
6. Edit the downloaded template: As mentioned earlier, our flyer templates are fully editable which is absolutely convenient since you can pull of that design that will surely attract a crowd as well as deliver the needed message to them. Our templates come in various formats, so simply download a template in the format that’s perfectly compatible with the editing tool that you have on your system.
7. Make the final touches and evaluate: After you have edited the design on the template and supplied it with the needed information, try to evaluate whether or not the design matches with the one in your plan. Also, you might want to get another person to also evaluate your work to get a second opinion. If it needs a few modifications, then simply make the final touches and re-evaluate the design.
8. Proofread the message: After evaluating the presentation on the flyer, the next element that you will need to evaluate is the message, and this is otherwise known as proofreading. When you proofread something, you will need to make sure that there aren’t any misspelled words, the grammar is spot on, and the overall message itself is indeed able to communicate effectively to the reader.
Simple Tips for an Excellent BBQ Weekend Flyer Layout
1. De-clutter the design by adding in some white space.
2. Use creative typography, but never use Comic Sans.
3. Keep the design simple and easy on the eyes.
Types of Flyers
1. Business flyers: Business flyer templates are those that are used for marketing products and services, announcing promos and sales, and basically anything that has to do with business. This type of flyer has a wide range of functions, which makes it very versatile. If you own a business and you wish to market something that you can do while initiating an interaction with people, then business flyers would be a great choice.
2. Event flyers: In the case of events, there is also a particular type of flyer that can be used to promote them, and they are referred to as event flyer examples. As you have seen from the collection of flyer templates here in this article, all of them indicate the elements mentioned above such as the date and time, venue, and the title of the event.
3. Sports flyers: Though sports events are still considered as events, they also have their own type of flyer. Just like event flyers, these ones contain almost the same set of elements with the addition of the teams that will be competing. If you want to see a collection of this type of flyer, check out sports flyer templates.
4. Leaflets: Leaflets are basically just regular flyers with the only difference being its size. Leaflets are smaller and more compact, which make them ideal for sending through the mail. Businesses and organizations commonly use this type of flyer since it is the most inexpensive and the easiest to carry around because of its size. But don’t be fooled by it, business leaflets hold a lot of information.
5. Door handle flyers: These flyers are also something that’s unique in their own way, they’re actually like standard flyers wherein they are printed on a sheet of paper and contain information. However, these flyers have a hole on the upper portion of the paper which is intended for the door handle. Instead of being posted on walls or handed out to people, these flyers are hung on door handles for people to see when they open a door.
Sizes of Flyers
- 2.5” x 4”
- 3.75” x 8.25”
- 4” x 6”
- 4.2” x 5.5”
- 5” x 7”
- 5.5” x 8.5”
- 6” x 6”
- 8” x 8”
- 8.5” x 11”
- 11” x 17”
FAQs about BBQ Weekend Flyers
What is a flyer?
It is a single-paged advertisement material that is either distributed by hand or posted on bulletin boards.
What is the standard flyer size?
The standard flyer size is 8.5 by 11 inches.
What do you think of our flyer templates? Were you able to find one that works for you? These templates are so artistic and functional that they will never disappoint you. Download a template now so you can start working on your barbecue weekend flyers.