10+ Beach Volleyball Flyer Templates
Not all people spend their time on the beach, but a lot of them want a reason to go there. Some people may want that therapeutic experience of watching the waves cascade on their feet and feeling the bliss of breezy airbrushing through their hair. But, others, especially the adventurous type of people, like the waves of euphoria in their bodies and the feeling of adrenaline rushing through their veins—an experience you can get from watching a volleyball game.
Beach volleyball game continues to be a popular and well-loved sport by both casual and professional players alike. It also attracts a wide scope of audience. However, to actually tap into that market, organizers of volleyball tournaments must double on their marketing first with the use of flyers, and they must not only be regular flyers but attractive and eye-catching flyers. In this article, we will be showing you tips and tricks in creating an effective beach volleyball flyer.
Elements of a Good Beach Volleyball Flyer
1. Tournament Headline: In every flyer, there always exists a big block of text that the reader always gets to see first. This is known as the headline of a flyer. When it comes to beach volleyball flyers, the headline is usually the title of the beach volleyball game, the game round (finals, semi-finals, etc.), the name of the competing teams, or it can simply be defaulted to “Beach Volleyball.” The headline of your each volleyball flyer heavily affects its impact on your potential readers, so make it exciting.
2. Time and Place: The main purpose of the flyer is to inform potential spectators about an upcoming beach volleyball match. The time, day or days, and the venue of the tournament must be present on the flyer for the people to know and enable them to attend the game.
3. Graphics: The graphics are in a flyer for beach volleyball does more than making it look good and presentable. It is equal in weight with the headline in catching your potential attendees to look at your flyer. The graphical elements, which are your pictures and layout design, plays a big role that it will only take one look from a reader to know that the flyer is all about beach volleyball.
4. Call-to-action: Another staple element in every flyer, the call-to-action aspect pertains to the line or catchphrase that compels the readers to do something. In the case of a beach volleyball flyer, you would want the readers of the flyers to spectate a thrilling match or participate in a beach volleyball game, so the line that you put up to make them do so is your call-to-action element.
5. Tournament Awards: This pertains to the benefit that the people will reap if ever they attend or participate in the event, depending on the type of the flyer used. Basically, it answers the question “What is in it for me?” and reinforces your call-to-action element.
6. Event Organizers: This is the name of the organization or company that holds the sports event. For beach volleyball games that are put up for free admission, the event organizers pair up with a commercial sponsor to finance the game. In this case, the brand or product of the sponsor is headlined at a prominent spot in the flyer.
7+ Beach Volleyball Flyer Templates
Beach Volleyball Flyer Template
Beach Volleyball Flyer Example
Creative Beach Volleyball Flyer
Sample Beach Volleyball Flyer
Beach Volleyball Flyer Template
Simple Beach Volleyball Flyer
Beach Volleyball PSD Flyer
Steps to Make a Great Beach Volleyball Flyer
1. Collate details regarding the tournament: Before you start designing your beach volleyball flyer, request for information from your client regarding the beach volleyball game. Basically, the information must answer the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the event.
2. Choose a central image: Set aside the data you gathered for a moment as there is still another thing that needs to be done before you can lay those out, and that is the heavy task of choosing your central imagery. As mentioned before, a beach volleyball flyer must be able to tell a reader from one look that it is a beach volleyball game that is being advertised, which is why this type of flyer constitutes a heavy dependence on its graphical elements.
3. Layout the text: Add in all the information regarding the beach volleyball match. Be mindful of your central image that the prominent objects on it will not be covered as you lay out the texts. For example, if your central image is a beach with a volleyball, then make sure that the volleyball doesn’t get covered up with the words. The more important the information is the higher its position on your flyer.
4. Apply finishing touches: Make sure that there are no more typographical errors. Observe your colors, font choices, and placements that it will strike a balance to your central image. Keep a careful objective discernment to determine if the information that the flyer is trying to portray is still present and can be read easily.
Tips for a Great Beach Volleyball Flyer
- Consider the time that you will be holding your tournament: Most volleyball tournaments are held during the summer, as this is the time that most people go to the beach. When you are coming up with the specific date for your volleyball tournament, make sure that it falls under a season where there are a lot of people in the beach so you will not have a problem in gathering your audience.
- Use the clout of social media: Posting your flyers on places near the beach is not enough to create a big turnout for your event, especially that the big bulk of people are in the city. Take advantage of the social media’s seemingly infinite reach and have the digital copy of your beach volleyball flyer shared on your social media accounts. Invest in these sites’ marketing tools for more effective advertising.
Types of Beach Volleyball Flyer
- Flyers for Beach Volleyball Tournaments: This type of flyer works like an invitation flyer where you will be inviting potential spectators for the volleyball game. Some volleyball tournaments are for free while some are not. If there are tickets for the event then the ticket price should be indicated. However, if there is none then a text informing the readers that is for free should be indicated as well.
- Flyers for Beach Volleyball Registration: For this type of flyer, players are being invited to register for a volleyball match. This is usually handed out at the early stages of organizing a beach volleyball tournament where the organizers are still looking for players for the game. To make this flyer more enticing, the prizes of winning the match is usually the detail being highlighted. This flyer also tells potential players about the registration particulars like where to sign up, who to contact, and how much is the registration fee should there be any.
- Flyers for Beach Volleyball Clubs: This type of flyer invites beach volleyball enthusiasts to sign up for a beach volleyball club. Exclusivity is the main selling point of this type, so the flyer greatly highlights the benefits of joining the club like regular match ups, training programs, and a social circle. A membership fee in joining the club is also included in the flyer.
Beach Volleyball Flyer Template Sizes
Beach volleyball flyers should be big enough to contain all the necessary information of the match but small enough that it will not be awkward for the organizers to hand it out to people. For a standard size of a beach volleyball flyer, follow the common sizes of a regular promotional flyer that are at 8.5 inches by 11 inches (US Letter) and 8.5 inches by 14 inches (US Legal). It is recommended that you do not go smaller than the US Letter size, and if you ever plan to make a larger flyer than the ones mentioned, then you can follow the most common size of broadsheet flyers that is at 11 inches by 17 inches.
Beach Volleyball Flyer FAQs
How soon should I send out flyers for a beach volleyball tournament?
Most organizers prefer to send marketing flyers two weeks before the tournament. This will ensure that the hype will still be kept alive by the time of the tournament and attendees can still prepare and clear out their schedules for the game.
Where are the best spots to post my flyers?
Since we are talking about flyers for beach volleyball here, the location of your target market is probably on a beach with a lot of food stalls and shops. People often spend a lot of time in these food shops whenever they get tired of the sea and the sand, which makes these spots the best places for you to post your beach volleyball flyers. Just ask the owners of these shops and pay them for fees.
Designing a flyer for a beach volleyball game is just like designing any other sports flyer. You still have to observe the same design elements of color, font, alignment, and content organization. But what sets a beach volleyball flyer apart from other types, though, is that it needs a strong visual cue. For this, arm yourself with a good camera and take a wonderful shot of the beach, or put an artist into commission to create a volleyball artwork. With a strong central image, you should have no problem in creating an attractive beach volleyball flyer.