7+ Big Sale Flyer Templates
When a certain store goes on sale, it is period in which a retailer sells the prices of the items at a reduced price. Although it may seem like the retailer is taking the short end here, it will benefit the store in the long run. Conducting a sale is actually one of the promotional tactics that marketing does wherein they make their offers attractive for a limited amount of time to stimulate customer market demand.
To let the people know that a store will be conducting a big sale, store owners often come up with flyers to get the word out. Creating an effective big sales flyer, though, puts a heavy pressure on you as a designer. Luckily, this article gets you covered in all the things you need to know as well as some flyer samples and templates you can take base on. Feel free to read through.
Elements of a Good Big Sale Flyer
1. Punchy Headline: The headline of a flyer is the catchphrase that attracts people to know more and be in the event. It is the first thing that they will see in a flyer. For a big sale flyer, though, there can only be one way to go about in creating the headline, and that is to flash a large bold text that says BIG SALE. Big sale flyers are self-promoting and self-serving, they don’t need anything catchy since the premise of the event itself is already attractive enough for the people.
2. Inclusive Dates: Your big sale flyer must always have to highlight the dates when you hold the sale of your store, else no one might get to attend it. It is also best to include your store hours, especially if you are going over your regular store hours
3. Attractive Graphics: Most often than not, stores hold their sales on the same dates. This is why attractive graphics will make your flyer stand out among all the other competitors. The vivid colors and intricate designs all make up for the graphical element of a flyer.
4. Compelling Call-To-Action: The call-to-action element of your flyer refers to the motivating message that compels your potential customers to actually do something. If their attention has been grabbed by the BIG SALE text, then how do you plan to proceed after that? You need to make them go to your sale by suggesting it to them. There are various ways and a good call-to-action cliche always works somehow.
5. Extra Mechanics: Most commonly seen close the headline is an attractive discount offer, possibly the lowest one that the sale is offering. Additional information regarding the sale includes the specific branch of the store that will hold the sale or the specific category of items that are on sale. You can also lump in your social media contact information, so they will know more about your big sale mechanics.
7+ Big Sale Flyer Templates
Big Sales Flyer Template
Available File Formats
Big Sale Offer Flyer Template
Electronic Big Sale Flyer Template
Mega Big Sale Flyer Template
Summer Collections Big Sale Flyer Sample
Big Sale Flyer Sample
Big Sale Offer Flyer
Steps to Make a Great Big Sale Flyer
1. Set a size and visualize your end design: Before you start drawing lines and splashing colors to your flyer, think of what you want it to look like. A force without a sense of direction is just wasted effort. Plan ahead and let what you visualized be your compass in your design decisions.
2. Make the BIG SALE text the most attention-grabbing text you have ever created: Coming up with the headline for your big sale flyer is the easiest because the text BIG SALE is already the headline itself! However, the real challenge here is how you will make the BIG SALE text clinch the attention of passersby. Take a great big deal of time coming up with the right typographical elements. It is best to make at least three variations of the BIG SALE text and ask acquaintances which design appeal to them the most. The final decision, however, is still based on your discerning eye as an artist.
3. Layout the text: Add in the date or dates of your big sale, your store address, social media handles, and other important mechanics related to your sale. Avoid covering the big sale text and try not to make these texts more popped out than your big sale text. The key to laying out your text is to make it as spatially cohesive as possible. Whether it be on deciding where to place your store address or where to put the sale dates, always try to take a base on readability and how much it conforms to your visual objective.
4. Embellish it with your design: Here’s the thing: if your product sales flyer was a meal, then the BIG SALE text would be the huge chunk of meat and your graphical design would be the salt and other seasonings you add to make it tastier. Although you might now be confident that potential customers would be reeling into your flyer because you have made the BIG SALE headline at its most attractive typography, it is never complete without a good design.
Tips for a Great Big Sale Flyer
- Employ AIDA: Standing for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action, AIDA is a common marketing strategy that directs how a visual advertising paraphernalia, such as a flyer, be made. By using AIDA, your flyer must be able to grab the attention of your potential customers to look, it must be interesting enough for them to read, then it must make them think that the big sale advertised on your flyer is one that they desire, and lastly, it must be able to provide means for them to execute their action.
- Choose a high-quality material: Most companies would opt for a glossy paper as this is not only durable but also has the ability to improve the quality of your print. Consider your marketing budget options and always opt for something that is nice to look at, you will only know that it all pays off in the end after printing.
Types of Big Sale Flyers
- Text-based Flyers: The most common kind of big sale flyer, text-based flyers let the wonders of typography flex all the marketing muscle. It may or may not have pictures but it is not at the center of the flyer and is kept at a minimal size. These flyers are made when a store is holding a big sale on all of its items.
- Photo-based Flyers: These flyers still have the BIG SALE text designed in an apparent kind of way but the size of the photo. These flyers are often made only when a specific kind of items are on sale in a store like when malls promote a big sale for their gadgets, they only display photos of gadgets instead of a more general text-based flyer.
- Themed Flyers: These are flyers made for big sales that are held because of a certain holiday or special event. Most common flyers are for sales held every Christmas. The graphical design of a themed flyer contains relevant imagery of the holiday that it’s based on, like from the example before, Christmas flyers are often in red and green.
- Digital Flyers: These are flyers that rely on the store’s digital clout in getting the word out of a big sale. They are usually just soft copies of a store’s flyer that are posted online. However, for small stores that have a limited budget, digital flyers are their only means of marketing since printing can be costly. Although they may not have physical copies, digital flyers are effective nonetheless in getting the word out of a store’s big sale, since almost all people interact with the web world every time anyway.
Big Sale Flyer Template Sizes
Flyers cannot be as small as promotional coupons nor they cannot be as big as advertising banners. Flyers are middle-sized and often have the standard US letter size of 8.5 inches by 11 inches. Although lately, flyers with a smaller size of 5.5 by 8.5 inches also start to populate the streets.
Big Sale Flyer FAQs
What characteristic does the flyer have that sets it apart from other marketing paraphernalia?
A defining characteristic that the flyer has it that it acts like a jack of all trades among all other types of marketing paraphernalia. It has the size of a leaflet, the informative feature of a product brochure, and the attention-grabbing factor of a banner. A flyer can also be identified with its apparent physical characteristics that are unlike the other marketing papers, just look for a medium-sized single sheet of paper with an attractive design and that is most likely a flyer.
What is a “focal point” in a big sale flyer?
The focal point of a flyer refers to the principal point of focus of someone who happens to take a glimpse of your flyer. It is the first thing that a potential customer sees, so if the element of the flyer you place at your focal point is not attractive enough, then it will easily lose interest to anyone. For a big sale flyer, the text BIG SALE is usually the focal point.
Creating a flyer for a big sale does not take that much effort in getting the attention of potential customers since the premise of a big sale is already attractive enough. The big challenge here, though, is to harness that attention to translate it into action, meaning how you can make a person reading your flyer to actually partake in your promotional big sale. Keep a discerning eye in all your aesthetic decisions, and the success of your big sale will be right at the horizon.