11+ Church Flyer Designs & Templates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
People often have the wrong impression when they think of the church. To them, going to church actually makes you a perfect person, as someone who will never commit any mistake or is free from any sin. People should learn to see the church as a path, as something that motivates people to do good.
The church isn’t just a structure, it is an entity that actually teaches people the difference between right and wrong, and it is up to the person to decide on what to follow. In this article, we have a collection of flyer templates that can be used to invite people into attending masses and other church activities.
Elements of a Quality Church Flyer
In order for flyers to be considered effective, it will need to be informative as well as appealing. A quality church flyer needs to attract the attention of people even at a distance, and its content should really entice people into attending church affairs. The list below enumerates the elements that a quality church flyer should have.
1. Church name: Your church flyer should start by introducing to the reader the name of your church. Other flyers would utilize this section for the name and the logo of the business, but since this is meant to be used by a church, you will need to indicate their name instead. In addition, churches usually have their own insignia, and you may be allowed to include it along with their name.
2. Flyer heading: Otherwise known as the flyer title, this is usually to give the reader an idea or to set their expectations regarding the advertised event. The heading or title is also responsible for drawing people’s attention towards the flyer, which is why as much as you want them to sound creative, they should also be relevant to the event.
3. Subheading or tagline: Since the title serves as the most prominent element on the flyer and is responsible for giving initial information to readers, the subheading serves to complement that information by providing further information. This element is usually longer and smaller than the heading and is placed right below it.
4. List of key persons: Church affairs usually involve key people who will lead the attendees in the discussion or worship session. Just like seminars wherein the speaker is recognized on the invitation or announcement material, the same thing should be done for church events—the key person/s should be mentioned on the flyer.
5. Date, time, and venue: These three elements are very common in invitations, but they can also be found on event invitations. Basically, these elements are mainly to inform the reader when and where the event is going to be held, and you will need to be precise with this so as not to mislead the reader.
6. Graphical enhancements: Drawing attention from audiences is a big part of using flyers because, by it, you will be able to stimulate their curiosity and make them want to learn more. A good way to catch people’s attention is by enhancing the flyer design through the use of graphical elements such as photos or illustrations.
7. Contact person and number: When an event is being planned, there will always be a person responsible for putting it together. In addition to that, this person is also responsible for answering inquiries related to the event. When indicating the contact number, you should also include the name of the contact person to inform readers who to look for.
11+ Church Flyer Template
We discussed earlier the different elements that should be seen on an effective church flyer. Below, we have ten high-quality church flyer templates that we have gathered from the internet. These templates have all been designed by professionals and are also fully editable, bringing you one step closer to pulling off a quality church flyer.
Modern Church Flyer Template
Revival Flyer Template
Risen God Church Flyer Template
Power of Prayer Church Flyer Sample
Glorious Church Of God Flyer Example
Evermore Praises Church Flyer Layout
Christ King Worship Church Format
Silhouette Risen Church Flyer Design
Home Community Church Flyer Template
Mothers Day Church Flyer Sample
Alive Church Conference Flyer Example
Revival City Church Flyer Design
How to Create a Church Flyer
To continue our discussion of producing quality materials, we will provide you with instructions on how you’ll be able to do just that. The instructions below are actually the steps that you will need to take in order to create a quality church flyer, and these steps have been organized well in order for people to easily follow them.
1. Set a budget for creating the flyer: If you’re making church flyers, these will most likely be for a non-charitable event. Nevertheless, you will need to determine how much you’re willing to spend on your flyers. If you’re planning to make flyers with exceptional quality, then you’ll need to set a higher budget.
2. Write an draft of the flyer’s content: Let’s face it, when people see something that’s telling them to attend a church activity, they wouldn’t be interested in it right away. But if you’re content is very well written and is convincing enough, then they might give it a shot. In order for you to do that, you will need to write a draft of your content.
3. Download and edit a church flyer template: Instead of having to stress yourself out and start all the way from the bottom, why not use any of our fully editable modern flyer templates instead? The church flyer templates that you saw in this article are very easy to download; and as long as you’re using the right editing tool, you’ll be able to edit them easily.
4. Finalize the design and proofread the content: Go through your entire flyer and evaluate its design and its content. For the design, ask yourself if it’s already appealing enough to attract attention. And for the content, check for any sign of errors. If you’re unsure with your own evaluation, you can always ask another person to do it with you.
5. Print your flyers: The final step in the process of creating flyers is printing them. For this step, you should decide whether to have it printed yourself or by a printing business. If you’re choosing the former, just make sure to use high quality materials.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Church Flyer Layout
The steps above may be simple, but they still aren’t enough to guarantee you to some quality church flyers. Yes, your flyers might have the relevant content that you wish to communicate with the reader, but you can’t assure that the layout is enough to attract their attention. Thankfully, we have some tips below to make sure that they will.
- Apply at least an inch of margin space on the layout.
- Give enough room in between elements by applying white or negative space.
- Use a font that’s appropriate to the flyer’s message.
- Do not clutter the layout with unnecessary elements.
- Direct your reader’s attention properly by having a focal point.
Types of Flyers
Before you even start creating your own church flyer, it is important for you to know the different types of flyers. You don’t necessarily have to memorize each and every flyer type, you just need to be familiar with them. In other words, you simply need to keep in mind what or where each flyer type is being used for.
1. Event flyer: Flyers can also be used to advertise an event and to gather audiences to that event. This type of flyer is known as an event flyer, which works more or less the same way as an invitation, with the exception that this one doesn’t require an envelope and can be distributed by hand.
2. Product flyer: When businesses try to advertise their products and services, they usually use product brochures which are very thorough. However, if they want to use something that’s more simplified, they can always use a product flyer. Between the two, product flyers are actually easier to read but are less informative.
3. Sports flyer: Unlike the usual event flyers, this type mentions the people or the teams that will be competing. Sports events may involve just two persons or teams, or it may also involve more. Nevertheless, they should be mentioned on the flyer to inform readers about the people or teams that are playing.
4. Recruitment flyer: This type of flyer is focused more on advertising the business or organization as opposed to the product flyers which are meant to advertise products or services. The reason for advertising the business is to gain new recruits, and this may be in the form of employees or volunteers.
5. Door handle flyer: Any other type of flyer can become a door flyer, you simply need to place at least a three-inch diameter hole at the upper part of the paper material. Instead of having to distribute or post these just like any other flyer, these are simply hung on the door handles of the target audiences.
6. Folded flyer: This type of flyer is almost as similar as brochures because of its folded appearance, but as mentioned earlier, flyers are actually a simplified version of brochures. The advantage of using folded flyers is that they are actually more compact and are easier to store and distribute, just like the next one on this list.
7. Leaflet: A leaflet is basically a regular flyer that is smaller in size—99 mm x 210 mm. But other than its size, the content written on a leaflet is just like the ones from any other type of flyer.
Sizes of Flyers
Also, flyers come in various sizes and we have a list of the different flyer sizes below as your reference. A flyer can be as small as 2.5 by 4 inches or as big as 11 by 17 inches, just make sure to choose a flyer size that works well with the type. And you should also consider the extent of your content when choosing a flyer size.
- 2.5” x 4”
- 3.75” x 8.25”
- 4” x 6”
- 4.2” x 5.5”
- 5” x 7”
- 5.5” x 8.5”
- 6” x 6”
- 8” x 8”
- 8.5” x 11”
- 11” x 17”
FAQs about Flyers
There may still be things that haven’t been mentioned in this article that you want to learn about, and these things may or may not contribute to the quality of your church flyers. Here, we have written down some frequently asked questions that we have gathered from the internet, and we hope these will provide you with the information you need.
Are flyers good at advertising?
Yes, they are able to convey the message effectively without you having to spend a fortune.
What are more differences between flyers and leaflets?
Aside from its size, the leaflet actually has a more professional look, and its content is being given more thought.
People really need to realize that simply going to church will never be enough to lead them to salvation, they should also do good deeds as instructed by the church. But of course, going to church will always be a good start, and our flyer templates are more than enough to motivate them into doing so.