10+ Church Flyer Designs & Templates
Let’s face it, kids these days aren’t that interested at going to church anymore because of all the distractions which they see as fun. But then again, what do they get from having so much fun when their faith is misguided? People nowadays should really need to realize how important it is to go to church.
But how can the church capture the interests of the public? The same way businesses and organizations have since time immemorial, through flyers. Below, you can choose from any of the church flyer templates in our collection, and these templates are editable just as they are downloadable.
Elements of a Good Church Flyer
1. The Prominent Headline: A headline is an essential element for any marketing tool since they help to stand out from among the rest of the elements on the design, they help capture the audience’s attention, and they provide the audience with an overview as to what the material is about. A headline is commonly presented as a text that’s larger than the standard size, sometimes with a different color or style, and is typically found on the top-most or in the middle of the flyer design.
2. Graphics to Enhance the Appearance: While the headline is indeed used to attract audiences, the graphics also contribute to strengthening that level of attraction. The graphical elements enhance the physical appearance of the flyer and keep it from looking dull. When adding graphics—whether an image, illustration, or color gradient form—you should always take note that they should tie in with the theme of the church. And take note when adding graphics, don’t overdo it to keep the design from looking cluttered, you refer to the tips below on how to further enhance the layout of your flyers.
3. A Message that’s Clear: If you’re familiar (and you agree) with the saying “less is more”, then you should know that this concept is also applicable in flyer designs. One important element in flyers is the content, and when writing it, you need to make sure that your content is as clear as crystal. As much as possible, convey your information using only a few words, and when choosing words, keep them simple and easy to understand
4. The Content should Feature A.I.D.A: This abbreviation stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action, which are essential elements in order to make your church flyer even more effective.
- Attention: You flyers should be able to attract attention easily with its graphical and textual elements. Audiences at a distance should also be able to appreciate the beauty of your church flyers.
- Interest: After being able to attract the audience’s attention, your flyers should also be able to capture their interests in order to keep them from throwing it away. In this case, make them realize that going to church is interesting and not boring.
- Desire: In addition to capturing the interests of the readers, make going to church not only interesting but also desirable. This can be done by telling readers not only what church is able to offer them, but what benefits they can get from going to church.
- Action: Lastly, encourage your readers to do what you want them to do by inviting them to go to church, participate in church activities, or to reach out to your for more info.
10+ Church Flyer Templates
Revival City Church Flyer Template
Women Empowerment Church Flyer Template
Mothers Day Church Flyer Example
Easter Sunday Church Flyer Design
Easter Church Service Flyer Template
Worship Community Church Flyer Sample
Risen Event Church Flyer Example
Church Anniversary Flyer Template
PSD Church Flyer Design
Appreciation Church Flyer Sample
How to Create a Church Flyer
1. Decide first on who the target audience is and why you need to use flyers. Are you trying to promote a church event? Or are you trying to spread awareness regarding the importance of going to church? Whatever that may be, make it as your reference to guide you throughout the entire process.
2. Write the headline of the flyer. As mentioned earlier, the headline helps in capturing the audience’s attention, and they provide the audience with an overview as to what the material is about.
3. Add in key details to help potential attendees decide whether they can or want to take part in the event or attend church, or gather more information about it. These details include but are not limited to the following: the purpose of the flyer, the schedule, the venue, and the call to action.
4. Arrange the elements on the flyer design according to visual hierarchy. This refers to arranging the contents in such a way that the most important information are more prominent than the other elements.
5. Tell the readers what you want them to go through the call to action.
6. Proofread your work it, check for any grammatical and/or spelling errors. If in doubt, have at least two or more persons to proofread your work with you.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Church Flyer Layout
- Choose font types that are able to complement each other, the typography can greatly help in enhancing the look of your flyer design. As important as it is to have a well-written text, the choice of font is also something to take into consideration.
- In terms of the number of fonts, keep yourself from using too many in a single design. Limit yourself to a minimum of two and a maximum of three font types, using too many can make your flyer design look cluttered.
- Leave a good amount of white space—also known as blank space or negative space. White spaces can help in keeping the design look cluttered and chaotic, and will draw the reader’s eyes to the more relevant elements.
- Include key details on your flyer design. These refer to the details that are most obvious on the design, something that leads the readers to focus and gain information about the church or the church event. These may be in the form of shapes, enlarged elements, or contrasting colors.
- Avoid from using watermarked stock images, but if you must, use the ones that are not watermarked and are relevant to the purpose. In terms of images, use those that reflect life as a churchgoer instead.
- Experiment on new tools. Go outside your comfort zone. When you stick to something that you’ve been using for quite a while, you won’t be able to discover something new or realize what you’re actually capable of.
Types of Flyers
- Leaflets: Leaflets are the smaller counterpart of standard-sized flyers, and the reason for their compact size is to make it easier to send and distribute. But don’t be fooled by its small size, leaflets are still able to hold a lot of relevant information.
- Standard Flyers: The type of flyers that are commonly used by businesses and organizations. Most standard flyers have an 8.5″ by 11″ measurement, which is enough to hold a lot of information and graphics.
- Bi-Fold Flyers: The work the same way as bi-fold (or half-fold) brochures, wherein the purpose of the fold is to create two equal panels on each side—for a total of four panels—which are intended for organizing the content. Also, bi-fold flyers are perfect for sending through the mail.
- Door Handle Flyers: As the title suggests, door handle flyers are marketing tools that are hung on doorknobs. This allows for a more personal approach when trying to get the message across. Most door handle flyers are seen on residential and office doors, though they may still be sent through the mail.
Sizes of Flyers
- 2.5” x 4”
- 3.75” x 8.25”
- 4” x 6”
- 4.2” x 5.5”
- 5” x 7”
- 5.5” x 8.5”
- 6” x 6”
- 8” x 8”
- 8.5” x 11”
- 11” x 17”
FAQs about Church Flyers
What is flyer design?
Flyer design refers to how your message is presented through the flyers. It is the arrangement of the textual and graphical elements in order to not only grab the attention but to draw the reader’s focus towards the content of the flyer.
What are the basics in using flyers?
Determine your goal, set a budget, create a draft, choose relevant images, design your flyer, write your message, have it printed, and distribute your flyers.
What is the best software for creating flyers?
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Word
A word of advice though, you might want to check out first the Available File Formats section indicated on every sample so you can download the format that’s compatible with your editing software.
If you’re looking for high-quality, editable templates that you can download for less, then Template.net is the best place for it. In this website, you’ll be getting templates for various tools including business and promotional documents, website themes, and many more. Why go someplace else when it’s already been laid here for you to download?