The stressful thing about running businesses and organizations is trying to make something known that a lot of people can hear. With events, the success is greatly determined by the number of attendees, and how will you be able to gather the needed number of people if the perimeter covered in the advertisement isn’t wide enough. You may also see flyer examples.
One effective advertising strategy is through the use of flyers, and this can also help in gathering a good number of people to attend events. Below, we have a collection of event flyer templates that you can download and use to advertise your event.
Elements of a Good Flyer
1. The Headline: Any marketing tool should have a headline to act as its introduction but in a highly compact manner. Think of it as the introduction of this article, it helps to provide you with what to expect from the rest of the article and the kind of templates that you are about to see. With flyer headlines, they help in grabbing the attention of people and at the same time, provide them with a relevant idea regarding what the flyer is about.
2. The Graphics: In order to appeal to readers, graphics are added to the flyers, and this can either be in the form of photos, symbols, illustrations, and logos. But these graphical elements are more than just to create a stunning appearance, they also tie in with the branding and the product or service, elicit a response from readers, and to create the desired mood in the readers.
3. The Concept of A.I.D.A: If you aren’t familiar with what this is, A.I.D.A. actually stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action, and this is what your flyer should have in order to be effective.
- Attention: The design of your flyers should be compelling enough to attract readers and make them want to continue going through the flyer.
- Interest: In relation to getting the attention of people, the design and the content of your flyer should be interesting enough to really capture the focus of your readers and lead them to continue reading it.
- Desire: Other than just getting the interests of the readers, you should actually be able to create a desire within them for the product or service being advertised on your flyer.
- Action: Your flyer should have a motivating call-to-action to help in sealing the deal. With a CTA, it’s like leaving your readers hanging and not actually telling them what you want them to do. A CTA can be as simple as “Call us at” or it can also be in a more creative approach.
4. The Selling Point: This is the section of the flyer design that explains to the reader why they should avail of your products or services. When writing this, don’t just limit to defining what they’re getting, get into the point and explain what it can do to them. Other than that, try to focus more on the product or service and not on the company behind it. After all, while there are people who buy things or avail of services because of the company’s background, most actually do it because of the product or service itself. Therefore, tell them how they’re going to benefit from it.
5. The Overall Goal: Lastly, let the overall goal inspire you in preparing your flyers. This way, it’ll be much easier for you to say what you want to say and present what you intend on presenting. It will always be much easier if you know what you are talking about and why you want to talk about it.
15+ Event Flyer Templates
Music Event Flyer Template
Business Event Flyer Template
Seasonal Event Flyer Template
Event Service Flyer Template
Available File Formats
Art Event Flyer Template
Creative Marketing Event Flyer Design
Artistic Event Photography Flyer Example
Portrait DJ Event Flyer Template
Business Forum Event Flyer Template
Summer Food Event Flyer Format
Concert Music Event Flyer Template
House Viewing Event Flyer Sample
Music Event Flyer Template
World Conference Event Flyer Template
Minimal Headline Event Flyer Example
Colorful Artists Event Flyer Design
How to Create an Event Flyer
1. Background Color or Image: Just like the canvass in paintings, the first thing that you will need to work on is the color or image for the background. Your color scheme or image should correspond to your brand or theme of the event.
2. Add the Needed Graphical Elements: Unless you wish to keep your flyer typographic, add graphical elements to enhance the appearance of the flyer. Graphical elements can either be images, illustrations, or abstract color patterns. This is to make the flyer look attractive as well as to convey information through graphics.
3. Add the Textual Elements: After adding the images or illustrations, the next thing that you will need to add is the text. These are the main elements that convey information to the audience, and you can divide them into hierarchies to make the flyer easier to read. From top to bottom, you should start with the header that gives readers an idea on what to expect, followed the main content of the flyer, then the fine print, the contact details, and the call to action.
4. Arrange the Elements Properly: Unless you have done so earlier, look at the layout of your flyer and try to decide if it needs to be rearranged or not. Also, make sure that the elements are arranged in a way that there is enough breathable space in between them, this is to prevent having a cluttered look as well as to let audiences appreciate each and every element.
5. Proofreading: A very important step that should not be skipped is to proofread your work for any grammar and/or spelling errors. To be able to gain the trust from audiences, you will need to ensure that your work appears and sounds professional, and the presence of even one error can cost you that reputation. Which is why as much as possible, proofread your work multiple times until you have finalized your flyer design.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Flyer Layout
- You should have a clear goal as to what the information that you are trying to convey. This is to help ensure that you are adding in only relevant information and elements to your flyer layout.
- Use the appropriate size of paper for your flyer. The most commonly used paper size for printing flyers is the A4 size, though, for reference, we have also listed down the different sizes of flyers.
- Aside from the size, also use the appropriate color of paper. Depending on the design, use the paper color that best fits it. Never go with dark colored paper because it will tend to ruin the quality and contrast of the colors.
- Design your flyer with care. Make the design attractive, but make sure that the layout looks clean and the words are still readable.
- Don’t shy away from increasing the color contrast, it has been noted that designs with high contrast visuals are not only highly noticeable, but they are actually effective in grabbing attention.
- Don’t rely too much on the design, also ensure that the message written on the flyer is relevant enough to attract readers. Be short and direct to the point, and make the text legible enough.
- In relation to ensuring the relevance of the message, you should also try to put an emphasis on certain keywords. Keywords and phrases can actually help in selling the information in the flyer.
- Always take into consideration those audiences from a distance. Flyers can be posted on walls and it can greatly help if the layout is clear enough even for distant passersby. If they are curious enough, they will want to approach the flyer and ready its content.
Types of Flyers
1. Mailers: These are the most popular type of flyers which are used to promote products and services. Commonly, mailers are generally used by both small and medium business owners and are intended for audiences within a limited perimeter.
2. Catalogs: Considered as one of the most durable and effective flyers, catalogs usually take between two to three pages in length. With catalogs, advertisers are able to provide every single detail about their products and services. Unlike mailers that are actually sent through the mail, catalogs are kept inside store counters for customers to pick-up and use at any time.
3. Gift Certificates: These are another very popular type of flyers which are used for distributing coupons to prospects. Businesses commonly use this to reward existing customers as well as to attract new ones. Experts consider gift certificates as an effective tool for boosting businesses.
- Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inches)
- Standard (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Large Format (11 x 17 inches)
What are the basics in using flyers?
Set a budget for the creation of flyers, choose relevant images, design your flyer, write your message, have it printed, distribute it to the general public.
What is flyer design?
Flyer design is basically the appearance that people see on your advertisement flyers. The design may either be minimal or fancy, depending on the tone of the product, service, or event being advertised.
Are flyers effective in spreading the message?
Flyers are very effective if designed and distributed right, which is exactly the reason why businesses and organizations still use them to this day.
Where are the ideal places for putting up flyers?
Bus stops, school or community bulletin boards, checkout counters, reception areas.
Template.net is not only home to some of the best flyer templates on the internet, the website actually offers templates for websites, WordPress, business documents, and graphic designs. While the templates offered on the website are designed by professionals graphic artists, they can actually be downloaded and edited very easily.