Flyer templates can be described as a paper advertisement intended for wide distribution. These are distributed or posted in public places, sent to individuals through the mail, or simply handed out to people personally.
For businesses, the use of flyers can be quite effective. As a prime example of direct marketing, you would want to make use of them since it allows you to make other people aware of whatever it is you’ve got going on without spending as much compared to other marketing tactics.
Elements of a Flyer
- A Clear and Concise Purpose: A purpose will serve as your overall guide to how your sample flyer will turn out.
- A Catchy Headline: A catchy headline is sure to catch the attention of readers.
- A Motivating Message: This is what you are looking to convey to your readers and/or customers.
- Pictures or Graphics: Vivid images that are relative to your concept will be needed.
- Your Contact Information: This is necessary so that potential customers can contact you.
There is a wide selection of high-quality flyers that you can download and use as you see fit. Behold some samples of the said selection below.
Music Event Flyer Template
Beach Party Flyer
Business Event Flyer Template
Sports Flyer Design
Business Flyer Template
Product Promotion Flyer
Rave Music Concert Flyer Template
Simple Real Estate Flyer
Creative Photography Flyer Template
Tour Travel Flyer Design
Simple Steps & Tips for Designing an Excellent Flyer
There are many nuances that one should pay attention to when creating a flyer so that you can convey your message and information in the best way possible.
Here are some steps that you may want to look into:
1. Plan the concept: This is the most basic step for you to take. Think about what you want to convey and how to best do so for your flyer.
2. Decide on the format: With the concept down, your specific format is up next. You may decide between choices like one-sided, two-sided, or even three-sided fliers, depending on your message.
3. Make it direct: Don’t try to overwhelm your audience. Make your flyer as simple and as direct to the point as you possibly can.
4. Come up with an impacting design: This is where you keep your brand’s identity in mind. Make use of your logo, typography, the right colors, and more.
5. Rank information: This is where you toy with the graphical elements to rank the information at your disposal. Look into bolded words, highlighted titles, and typography sizes for example.
6. Utilize graphic resource: Examples of these would be illustrations and photography. These elements can draw in and impress your reader, which works quite well to your advantage.
7. Choose the proper paper: Paper types often influence how durable your flyer can be. Keep that in mind and select what best suits your plans.
8. Don’t neglect contact details: Find a place to put your email, social media handles, or any other contact detail. This makes it easier for interested readers to be able to find and communicate with you further.
9. Include call to action: A call to action is what will encourage readers to take the next logical step. Neglecting this would be a huge mistake on your part.
10. Double check everything: A single mistake may not seem like much, but it will make everything look a bit off. Double check each word and all graphic elements to make sure that your work is the best it can be.
Here are some tips that you may also want to consider:
- Keep Everything Brief: Don’t over explain and make it simple.
- Organize the Information: Keep things organized by prioritizing the right info.
- List Down Benefits: This will tell people why they’d want to pay said attention.
- One-up the Competition: Find out what they bring to the table and go beyond what they have.
- Highlight Special Offers: These will help sweeten whatever you are already offering.
- Know Your Audience: Find out what they like and need, as well as the exact opposite.
- Utilize Testimonials: Social proof can go a long way in convincing others to take you seriously.
- Make Sure the Font is Legible: Legible font makes reading a lot easier for everyone.
- Use ‘You’: The use of ‘you’ will make reading the flyer a more personal and intimate experience for readers.
Different Flyer Types
There is no single flyer that is universally used by businesses. Below are the different variants and what they are all about.
- Mailers: This is a popular variant meant to promote a particular product or service, usually by small or medium businesses.
- Catalog: This is a robust flyer that allows business owners to provide details regarding their products or services.
- Gift Certificates: These are flyers that double as gift certificates or coupons for your business.
Flyer A3 Size: 297 mm x 420 mm
Flyer A4 Size: 210 mm x 297 mm
Flyer A5 Size: 148.5 mm x 210 mm
Flyer DL Size: 99 mm x 210 mm
Flyer A6 Size: 105 mm x 148 mm
Flyer Types and Sizes
Is there a specific method to create your own flyer?
No, although there are useful steps and tips as stated above. You are still free to develop your own methods of developing fliers.
Is it always necessary to keep your customers in mind?
Absolutely. Without your customers, there would be no need for flyers, which is why you should always keep them in mind when creating fliers.
What comes after?
Once you’ve communicated your message, the next step would be to engage with your customers and sell your product or service from there.
What are the format file types when downloading flyers?
The supported format file types will include Illustrator, MS Word, Mac Pages, Publisher, and Adobe Photoshop.
Template.net is where you can go if you need help in standardizing your business, creating a brand identity, and find useful examples of amazing flyers. Build a much bigger, faster, and better business process through its free downloads.