Every year, millions of dollars are spent on fruitless marketing campaigns. As a business owner, you should take matters into your own hands and start with a simple and proven way to improve your business’ finances. And that is through the use of flyers in conjunction with the use of a sound marketing plan.
So if you need to market a business, product, service, event, or individual in a more direct yet cost-effective manner, try out the print advertising using flyers. Explore the rest of this article as we share tips on flyer-making and also show multiple examples of downloadable flyer templates and designs.
Elements of A Good Flyer
A flyer is any printed document that contains information about a specific product, service, event, or individual. The information it contains is usually geared to entice a person to try out that specific product or service.
To make a good flyer design, a few key design elements should be at the forefront of your mind. We have listed each essential element below. Study what they are so that you could craft better and more compelling flyers designs in the future.
1. Typography: The first element to consider when creating flyer templates is typography. You need to come up with a unique yet easy to understand lettering style for your flyer. Choose typefaces that help tell a story or convey a message without overpowering the actual purpose of the flyer. The most effective flyers are those that manage to impart a message without using bold or dramatic font styles.
2. Persuasive Ad Copy: Flyers are meant to be promotional materials. This is the reason why you should come up with persuasive ad copy or content for your flyer. This element should not be missed as it will affect the overall effectiveness of your print marketing campaign. Business owners may hire a professional copywriter or just come up with a persuasive message on their own.
3. Call To Action: Aside from making sure that your flyer’s content flies, you should forget to include a carefully worded call to action in your flyer design. A call to action can be a sentence, a phrase, or even an image that asks customers to do one thing as soon as possible. And if you are making a business flyer, this call to action should best be connected with trying out your product or service. Excellent examples of call to actions are “Call Now”, “Try This Product Now”, and “Like Our Facebook Page and Get 50% Off”.
4. Layout: A good flyer design is one that makes use of an organized layout. Pay attention to the arrangement of all the text and graphic elements in your flyer template. Each design element should help tell a story and should be arranged in an optimal way to aid a reader’s understanding of your flyer’s content.
5. Color Scheme: Another essential feature that a good flyer design should have is an attractive color scheme. Carefully choose the colors of your flyers so that they complement each other. You may use your official brand colors or you may even come up with a unique color palette that will be used exclusively for your flyer advertising campaign.
And that is how you create a good flyer design. Study each element so that you will know how to correctly incorporate them into your own flyer creations.
12+ Flyer Templates in Publisher
Shown below are multiple examples of flyer templates in Publisher file format. Take a look at each template design and decide which flyer design best fits the bill for your marketing goals. All these templates are fully editable using Microsoft Publisher and other file download formats are also available through each template page.
Multipurpose Flyer Template
Chalkboard Flyer Template
Invitation Flyer Template
Movie Flyer Template
Breast Cancer Flyer Template
Festival Flyer Template
Dog Walker Flyer Template in Publisher
Mega Sale Flyer Template in Publisher
Free Book Promotion Flyer Template
Free Modern Photography Flyer Template
Free Real Estate Marketing Flyer Template
Free Revival Flyer Template
Free Rock Concert Flyer Template
How to Make an Excellent Flyer Design using Microsoft Publisher
As this article focuses on flyer templates created and stored using Microsoft Publisher, we have prepared a step by step guide on how to create flyer design using the said software tool. Read and study the steps below.
1. Create a marketing strategy: Before you start creating any kind of printed marketing collateral, it is customary to create a marketing strategy first. A sound marketing plan allows small business owners and individuals to properly assess their business or project and then set up a course of action. If you determine that starting a flyer campaign can help your business, then proceed to the next step.
2. Choose a flyer theme and layout: Next, choose a design theme and layout to follow for your flyer design. These elements will help narrow down the focus or target of your flyer designs.
3. Choose a flyer size: After that, it is now time to pick out a flyer print size. A list of different flyer sizes is shown in the next portion of the article.
4. Gather all design elements: After deciding on the core style elements of your flyer design, you should begin gathering all the design elements that you want to include on your flyer. Download and save all images, illustrations, font styles, color swatches, and photos that you want to use on your flyer design.
5. Write a draft of the flyer content or ad copy: Do not forget to write the ad copy or the actual content of your flyers. As we have suggested at the start of this article, you may hire a copywriter for this task or you may do it on your own.
6. Open Microsoft Publisher and start creating: Start the template creation process by opening Microsoft Publisher on your computer. Open a blank template or a document and begin arranging all the design and text elements that you have compiled or created earlier. If you are using a pre-made flyer template, then make sure that you customize all the placeholders and add your own twist to the pre-made design.
7. Finalize design and save: Review the flyer design for any spelling errors, grammatical mistakes, or even image issues. Make the corrections if necessary. You may have another person review the template design before you finalize the template on your own. Once satisfied, save the flyer template file into a flash drive or on your computer.
8. Print out your flyer template: The last step is to have the template file printed on paper or cardstock. You may use our own home or office printers for this task. But if you want to print out a lot of copies and/or you want to incorporate advanced printing techniques, it may be best to take the flyer template file to your local print shop and have it printed there.
Reading all the flyer-making steps laid out in a step by step manner helps make the entire process more simple and easy to understand. Use this article as a guide for you to create the best multipurpose flyer template design for personal or business use.
Types of Flyers
Listed below are the most common types of flyers based on their end purpose:
- Holiday Flyers
- Music Flyers
- Party Flyers
- Event Flyers
- Church Flyers
- Sports Flyers
- Business Flyers
- Promotional Flyers
- Health Flyers
- Concert Flyers
- Real Estate Flyers
- Sales Flyers
- Photography Flyers
- Car Wash Flyers
- Cleaning Flyers
- Christmas Flyers
There is no standard flyer size. Template end users can easily edit and resize any flyer template design to fit their business needs and personal preferences.
In this article, the most common flyer printing sizes are 8 inches by 11 inches and the US and A4 paper sizes.
What is the difference between a flyer and leaflet?
Flyers and leaflets basically function in the same way as they are used to advertise a product, service, or event. What sets them apart is the way they are printed. Flyers tend to be printed on thicker and higher quality paper. Flyers are also generally well-designed. Leaflets, on the other hand, are printed on paper with lesser weight. Sometimes, promotional leaflets tend to be photocopies of an original print ad.
What is a flyer template in Publisher?
A flyer template in Publisher is a pre-made digital file created using Microsoft Publisher. This template file contains all the placeholders, headings, style, images, text, and layout components needed for making a flyer design. Flyer templates created and stored using Microsoft Publisher will have a .PUB file extension name.
Aside from Publisher, what software programs can be used to make a flyer design?
Aside from Microsoft Publisher, digital flyer designs can also be created using other various graphic design and editing tools. Examples of these software programs are Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Apple Pages, and Microsoft Word.
Whether you are a business owner or just in charge of promoting your high school play, creating your own flyer designs can be a fulfilling act on its own. Use all the tips and free templates shared above in crafting the best flyer designs that you could possibly create. And for more graphic design and business template mockups and examples, check out the rest of Template.net.