10+ Marketing Flyer Templates
With technology taking up majority of the average person’s daily activities and with the rate to which tools are changing, there would be another gadget, another tool in the works, from today’s tech giants bound to be faster, efficient and much more convenient than the last. Will the rest of us ever be able to keep up? If you’re a businessman who wants to enjoy a long-term success and the biggest possibilities in business, you should definitely keep up through effective marketing.
Elements of a Good Marketing Flyer
In the digital age, it’s easy to brush off print materials such as flyers as obsolete marketing tools but even with social media platforms taking over much of many businesses’ marketing efforts, flyers haven’t been driven off the road just yet, and they probably never will be. Below are some elements to get you started on designing a winning marketing flyer:
- A Clear Purpose: What’s your purpose for wanting to design a flyer? Is it to promote an event or advertise a new product? Try to set focus on your goal as it will be easier to start with one than without knowing why you want to get flyers distributed.
- General Information: A brochure and a flyer may have the same text or information and the flyer’s front page should include the key information of the product or service being promoted. The back can be left blank or you can choose to put frequently asked questions, a menu or a map towards the business site or anything you think is relevant.
- Graphics/Visuals: A flyer can be all type and text but since people are highly visual and would react more to what generally catches the eye, you should add some well-thought graphics, keeping to the theme of the flyer. If you’re going to use images, choose a large high quality picture rather than several small ones.
- Headline: Like the front page of a newspaper, your headline must get the targeted audience’s attention in a matter of seconds. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes, and create a punching, catchy phrase. Avoid being too wordy. The fewer the words and with the right font, the greater the chances of the flyer being read in full.
- Call To Action: Include a call to action to ask questions, buy your product, lose weight, eat at your restaurant, hire your services, visit your store, etc. If applicable, use customer testimonials but limit it to a number which would still make your flyer snappy.
- Location or Contact Information: The most important part of any business flyer is the one which tells the reader the location of the business or store, event or how it can take advantage of he promotion being offered, as well as the date and the contact numbers with which to reach you.
10+ Marketing Flyer Templates
Free Corporate Marketing Flyer
Modern Marketing Flyer Template
Digital Creative Marketing Flyer Sample
Free Simple Marketing Flyer Example
Free Creative Marketing Flyer Template
Free Marketing Flyer Design
Social Media Marketing Flyer Template
Free Digital Marketing Flyer Sample
Sample Marketing Flyer Format
Marketing Flyer Template
Steps To Design a Marketing Flyer
You want to market your business effectively but you’re also currently on a tight rope when it comes to the funds. Fortunately for small and medium businesses, there are enough do-it-yourself methods available for advertising so that you won’t have to break the bank just to get the word out. Among these methods, flyers are probably the best and most economical to use and print them en masse after following these steps:
- Use templates: There are a lot of templates available on the internet which you can customize or personalize according to the type of content yo have to include. You can also use the ones included in this article as a blank, clean slate to input content for your product, service or whatever your company is currently promoting.
- Choose high-quality images: There’s nothing like a great photograph to make all the difference in any printed material. If you think you don’t have enough tools to shoot for images that you can use on the flyer, fret not. There are thousands of professionally-taken stock images on websites that allows you to use them for free.
- Include key information on the layout. If you need to put a good amount of textual content but feel like you won’t ave much room for graphics anymore, use grids. Marketing flyers are usually restricted to a standard A5 (148 mm x 210 mm) or A6 (105 mm x 148 mm) page size so you’re going to have to think a bit more strategically about how to fit everything in, without compromising the quality of your design.
- Play it cool. While you don’t want to end up printing a flyer with bland, dull colors and with nothing much to offer for its graphics, you also wouldn’t want to go overboard with a loud color pallet. Less is always more and having an understated but creative layout could actually work in your favor, especially if you’re marketing a business or a service.
Tips in Designing a Marketing Flyer
A flyer that commands attention has to have a beautiful design. It might even be kept a a souvenir by a potential customer if it’s really attractive and visually appealing. It’s not hard to end up with one that won’t just end up in the trash. Here are some tips to help you with a great design:
- Make It Fun: It may be a business flyer but remember that you are promoting something and that means you want your flyers to be a visual representation of what you can offer, so don’t be too serious or formal with the design even if you want to bring some corporate vibe to it. Make room for humor and wit since you want people to pick it up and hold on to it, which is what they’re likely going to do if it makes them feel good.
- Make a good impression: For many people, a flyer is going to be the first taste into your business, the first feel of what it’s going to be like when they decide to purchase your product, go to your event or get your services so it’s very important to make a great impression and sustain it if you can. It’s important to give the reader a welcoming feeling, a friendly face if you will, so that when they do further research about your business, they’ll be able to remember that friendly face through the design.
Types of Marketing Flyers
- Advertisement Marketing Flyers: This type of flyers focuses on the information more than the design since they’re used for promoting new products, discounts and program that runs at a limited period. Content should therefore be easy to read with the text and type emphasized.
- Corporate Marketing Flyers: If you want to promote your brand across a broad audience, this is the perfect flyer to use. However, it might require more content than your usual flyer. Choose a calm color scheme to evoke balance and make it look more professional by including company logos and contact information as well as some photos.
- Photo-centric Marketing Flyers: This is perfect for small and medium businesses who wants to build a strong customer base in the area. This type of flyer allows the designer to combine colors with an attention-grabbing design for your current offers. You may want to start off with a bright color scheme and add in photos of your menu or product.
Marketing Flyer Sizes
Flyers can come in various sizes but these are the most common:
- Half Sheet – 5.5 x 8.5″
- Standard – 8.5 x 11″
- Large Format – 11 x 17″
Marketing Flyers FAQs
How do you design a marketing flyer that commands attention?
One of the most important things to remember in designing your flyer is to make your information easy to read for the audience. The font size should be large and your lead should be generous. Don’t hesitate to have a bold header that takes up a large part of the flyer.
What is the main advantage of using a marketing flyer?
Flyers allow you to advertise your business in the most economical way possible. Unlike newsletters and marketing emails, they also don’t end up in the trash automatically thereby giving your pitch more chances of getting read by a potential customer.
Call them old-school but advertising through flyers are still very much effective and still among the best strategies for marketing offline. With a great design and a layout carefully planned as well as efficient distribution and a system of monitoring which regularly checks the progress of the response, marketing flyers would generate real results even at restricted budgets.