- File Formats
Flyers are like the sample brochure’s younger sibling. They are simple to print advertising materials that are cheaper than brochures. They are simpler too. They are not folded and thus they will only need one piece of paper to get the job done. However, this one-page format of the flyer sample can mean that there is a limited space to put your information. A flyer will not be as detailed as a brochure. It can also be not as informative. However, flyer designs have their own niche. They can act as direct and prompt information carriers.
Flyer just need a prompt and striking message with a curious and interesting design, and they are sure to hook up an audience. The flyer should deliver the information to its audience in just a few lines. This makes flyers suitable and perfect for small businesses advertising their wares and services, or as an ad for some kind of events like sales, concerts, and conventions.
The origins of flyers, pamphlets, and leaflets can be traced back even before the dark ages. As such, the flyer has a long and storied past. They used to document that businessmen and merchants used to record any important announcements of wars and economics that could have a profound impact in their trade. The advent of the printing press marked great changes for the written word. You may also like free business flyers.
The written word, which was somewhat of an exclusive belonging of the rich, was brought to the masses. This meant that those people in society who were not in favor of the monarchy and the church were able to organize themselves. You can also like printable business flyers.
Flyers and pamphlets were the channels to advance a cause of those who had a cause to advance. This was the primary purpose of flyers for a long time. From the British civil war to the Second World War, from the abolishment of slavery to the advancement of women’s suffrage, pamphlets were instrumental to the events that somehow shaped the world. You may also like word business flyers.
In the modern times, flyers and pamphlet templates once again changed with the advancement of modern technology. The advent of the color photocopier in the seventies allowed for an even faster printing technology. Just as before, pamphlets and flyers were used by the counterculture as a way to protest or advancing their agenda. Arguments about banning the bomb or saving the forests were carried and spread by flyers.
The eighties and the invention of more advanced computers allowed for an easier way to print flyers and leaflets. In the field of business, flyers and leaflet designs are a key tool for guerilla marketers to promote their products. Even now, at the age of the Internet and social media, flyers reach people that no other medium can.
From their political, scandalous, and rebellious roots to their customizable present, flyers and pamphlets are still powerful tools of communication. You may also like business flyer designs.
Flyers, with its storied and illustrious past, have proven themselves to be powerful and reliable channels of information. Flyers can carry any information you print on its surface. As long as this information can be read and accepted by an audience, the flyer will be successful in accomplishing its purpose. However, people nowadays are less likely to accept flyers especially at random. You can also read beautiful business flyers.
A hodge-podge flyer is just not enough to cut it. There should be an endgame put to mind when printing a modern business flyer. This endgame can serve as a guide to printers as to which information they will need to include. A flyers has limited space. It is not a smart choice to just throw everything in your flyer, instead, you must be smart and intentional in your choices.
1. Contact Information – First of all, a flyer should include the contact information of the related party. This information is the only thread of communication that any potential customers have to contact you. Anything that a flyer has to say would be for naught if there will be no communication between customer and business. The name of your business, address, phone number, and websites are some of the contact information you will need.
2. Social Media Connections – There is no escaping social media. Between Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Reddit, everyone and their mum have a social media account. This can serve as a great advantage for any business, especially if they use social media to promote in conjunction with flyers. You can use your flyers to direct your customers on where to find you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other social media outlets you use.
3. Bold Headlines – Headlines are called headlines for a reason. They are what drum up interest on your audience. Headlines must be bold and memorable to catch the attention of your potential customers. In short, they are the flyer’s first impression so make it good and make it count. You may also like business event flyers.
4. Great Photography – Photography is no stranger from flyers. Flyers have a very limited space to divulge any information they need. As such, pictures are great tools to communicate information to the audience. However, if you do want to include photographs in your business flyer, invest in good photos and a photoshoot for your products. Your product will need to look good in your flyers otherwise, no one will be compelled to buy them. Furthermore, the photos that you take for your products can also be used for a variety of purposes. Such an investment will pay in the long run.
5. Discounts, Promos, and Specials – Customers are always on the lookout for special deals and discounts. If your business has such deals, it is important to let your customers know as to encourage them to take advantage of these opportunities as soon as possible. If you plan to include a coupon or simple voucher system in your promotion, you can either attach them to the flyer or you can make it so that the flyer itself is the coupon. It saves up on paper too.
6. Call to Action – It is crucial for any promotional materials to have a call to action included. These could be the very last hammer strike to coax potential customers and turn them into paying customers. When writing your call to action, as much as possible, use the active voice and try to avoid using any variation of the verb to be. Provide your customers with information on what to expect and tell them what to do with the information found on the flyer. Sway them to call today, the text now, log on, etc. You may also like small business flyers.
7. Key Facts – To avoid wasting both your time and your audience’s time, provide information on the products you are selling. Let them know about any information pertaining to the product or service. Give them straight facts. You may also like flyer templates.
8. Testimonials – Customer testimonials can be great assets in your promotional campaign. Do not make them just rely on you on the value your products or services provide. Let them hear from their fellow consumers too through the use of testimonials. You may also like corporate flyer templates.
9. Value Statements – Value statements are declarations that inform customers of a company’s core beliefs. They are often used by companies to help them identify with and connect with targeted customers. In your flyer, you can pick at least five value statements about your business and display them noticeably. You can also read company flyer templates.
10. Unique Selling Point – Unique selling points or USPs provide identity to your business. They are traits that distinguish your products from its competitors. In short, your company’s unique selling point can also be its identity. Unique selling points can make or break your customer’s attitude towards you. No matter what, wear this trait loud and proud. You may also read sample flyer templates.
11. White Space – To not look cluttered, information needs room to breathe. White space provides that room. They also do not have to be white. These are spaces in the flyer that are not taken up by copy, image, or illustration. You can also read multipurpose flyer templates.
12. Bullet Points – If you want to neatly arrange and organize your information, you can utilize bullet points. Not only do they organize information into smaller digestible pieces, they are attention grabbing too. You can also read free flyer templates.
13. Good Graphics – Just as with good photography, good graphics are essential to an effective flyer. Flyers are very visual, especially if you want to catch and sustain your audience’s attention. Keep them at high quality. You may also like printable flyer templates.
14. Business Logo – The logo is your business visual identity and brand rolled into one. Your company should have a solid logo included in your flyer to let customers know your brand. Down the line, it can make your company recognizable to consumers.
15. Theme – Themes can help tie your flyer together. Themes do not have to be obvious and obnoxious. Rather, they can be subtle and interesting. The theme can even be tied up with your company’s color scheme, logo, and identity.
As simple as they look, flyers have a long and storied past. They were the main channels of the words that shaped our history and society today. Their use and importance are what brought them over to the modern era. Modern flyers are different from their old counterparts as they are easier to print and distribute. Their designs and colors are different too. The advent of new technology allowed for more customizable options than their old ancestors. However, no matter the time period they are utilized in, they still serve the same purpose, and that is to disseminate information, be it for business or for propaganda.