10+ New Year Flyer Designs & Templates
The new year is just around the corner, and we all know how much that occasion deserves a celebration. Then again, there are times wherein people aren’t able to spend their new year with their family, and this may be due to either school or work.
Because of this, they will have to spend the new year someplace else. For them to feel like they’re home, various celebrations are held, and in order to promote these celebrations, flyers are used. If you’re planning to make flyers, we have the appropriate new year flyer templates that you can download and use.
Elements of a Good New Year Flyer
1. Flyer header section: Ever marketing tool has to have a header, and flyers are no different. The header serves a lot of purposes, which includes providing readers with an initial idea on what the flyer is about, setting their mood and expectations, and being one of the most prominent elements on the flyer.
2. Title of new year event: The other most prominent element on every flyer is the title, and aside from also providing readers with what to expect from the flyer, the title also helps in making your flyer distinguishable from the others. When making a title, make it unique and catchy, but don’t make it into something that’s unrelated to the event.
3. The subheading of flyer title: If you want, you may also include a subheading to your flyer, just make sure that it won’t occupy too much space on your flyer. If you want to know what should be on a subheading, you may write either a tagline or a catchy phrase here just to attract attention from readers.
4. Date and time: While we already know when the new year is, there may be instances wherein your event won’t fall on the first day of January. When this is the case, you might as well indicate the date and time of the event. However, even if your event falls on the new year’s day itself, it would be best to still indicate both elements on the event flyer.
5. Location or street address: It makes perfect sense to also indicate the location or address of the event. Interested people would want to know where the event will take place, which is why it is a must to include the address. But aside from just the address, the name of the venue should also be indicated.
6. Logo and name of advertising entity: Regardless of the entity making the advertisement or sponsoring the event, their identity should be indicated on the flyer, and this can be done by including their name and logo design. For these elements, you may place this either on the topmost or the bottom-most part of the flyer.
7. List of sponsors or participating organizations: If the event is a large one, there will always be the participation of other businesses or organizations. They are referred to as sponsors and should be acknowledged on the flyer. When including this element, just make sure that it doesn’t overshadow the name and logo of the organization making the advertisement.
8. Graphical elements: One good way of making sure that your flyer doesn’t end up looking dull is to add graphical elements to it. These elements include images, illustrations, shapes, lines, and even color patterns. The proper use of these will ensure that your flyer ends up stunning and eye-catching.
9. Contact details: Your goal when making advertisements is to ensure that your message is able to reach your leads and that you may be able to convert them to actual paying customers. The only way to get them to reach out to you is by indicating your contact details on the flyer.
10. Call to action: Since the inclusion of contact information is never enough, you should include a little more to your flyer to really ensure that you get contacted by your prospects. This element is referred to as a CTA or a call to action, and this informs readers what you want them to do after going through your flyer.
10+ New Year Flyer Templates
New Year Night Flyer Format
Christmas New Year Party Flyer Sample
Available File Formats
Ladies Night New Year Flyer
Macho Club New Year Party Flyer
Happy New Year Flyer Template
Minimal Holiday Party Flyer Layout
Elegant New Year Flyer Example
Simple New Year Evening Flyer
Available File Formats
Printable New Year Party Flyer
New Year Celebration Flyer Design
How to Create a Great New Year Flyer
1. Know the purpose behind your flyers: What is your reason for using flyers? This should be the first thing that you should think of when creating flyers. Once you know the purpose, it can serve as your motivation for the entire process.
2. Choose an appropriate flyer size: Flyers come in various sizes, and it is up to you to think of one that is able to work for you. The size of your flyer should be able to hold all relevant information without making the design look chaotic.
3. Decide on a type of flyer: Aside from the size, flyers also come in different types, and you can even refer to the list below for these types.
4. Download a flyer template: To save you a lot of precious time and effort, download a flyer template from this article and just start creating from there. This way, you no longer need to start all the way from scratch with your flyers.
5. Edit the downloaded flyer template: As mentioned earlier, if you choose to use templates, you don’t have to start from scratch. Fortunately, the templates here are all fully editable.
6. Proofread your work: After editing your flyer, you will need to ensure that the content is free from any misspelled words and/or grammatical errors.
7. Have your flyer design printed out: After ensuring that your flyer’s content is free from any form of error, the only thing left for you to do is to print out copies of your flyer.
Simple Tips for an Excellent New Year Flyer Layout
- Prioritize functionality that creativity.
- Embrace white space.
- Keep the design clean, simple, and organized.
Types of Flyers
1. Event Flyers: An event flyer is a type of flyer that is used for advertising all sorts of events. These events can range from parties to social gatherings, to formal ones. The best thing about event flyers is that they can be used for general purpose, making them the safest and most practical type of flyer.
2. Sports Flyers: While we did say that event flyers work ideally well for various types of events, you might want to consider something more specific for sports-related events. This type of flyer is referred to as a sports flyer, and this is intended mainly to promote not only the sports event itself but the players or teams that are participating.
3. Product Flyers: Product flyers are those that are used primarily to advertise or promote a business’ products. These flyers usually contain the name of the products, its features, the respective price for each product, and a lot more details. This type of flyer is usually used when a business has new products to sell.
4. Business Flyers: Unlike product flyers which focus more on advertising a business’ products and their corresponding features, business flyers are more on promoting a company or an organization. These flyers are meant for recruiting new employees, volunteers, or even business partners.
5. Recruitment Flyers: While we did mention that business flyers can be used as a recruitment tool, there is another type of flyer specifically designed to recruit people. These flyers are called recruitment flyers, and from the name itself, these are meant for recruiting people to groups and organizations.
6. Door Handle Flyers: Door handles flyers are a type a flyer that also has a more general purpose. These flyers can be used for all types of advertisements ranging from events to products. However, the main difference with these flyers is that instead of distributing them by hand or sending them through the mail, they are hung on door handles.
7. Leaflets: Leaflets are just like regular flyers, with the only difference being their size. Leaflets are smaller and more compact than the regular flyers, making them easier to carry around and distribute. But don’t let the size fool you, leaflets are able to hold a lot of information than you think.
Sizes of Flyers
- 2.5” x 4”
- 3.75” x 8.25”
- 4” x 6”
- 4.2” x 5.5”
- 5” x 7”
- 5.5” x 8.5”
- 6” x 6”
- 8” x 8”
- 8.5” x 11”
- 11” x 17”
FAQs about Flyers
What is a flyer?
It is a form of paper advertisement tool that is meant for wide distribution or posted in public places.
How are flyers used?
They can either be distributed by hand, sent through the mail, inserted inside pages of newspapers or magazines, or posted on walls or bulletin boards.
Are flyers effective?
Yes, they are a highly effective advertisement tool that despite all the digital alternatives, businesses and organizations still prefer using the old-fashioned, printed-out flyers.
From looking at the flyer templates above as well as the various guidelines and tips, you know you’re in the right place. In addition to those templates, they are all professionally-designed and they are guaranteed to be high quality. Other than that, those templates are also fully editable. If you’re ready, download a template now.