Are you planning to throw a party that’s lavishing and opens to a large number of people? Then you will need some serious advertising in order to make the party memorable, and you are free to choose whatever marketing tool you want to promote parties.
There are various tools that you can choose from, and this includes posters and banners. However, this article will specifically talk about party flyers and why they’re great. If you find flyers convenient and effective, then we have a collection of party flyer templates below.
Elements of a Good Flyer
- Color: One very important element that you can add to your party flyer design are colors. In order to make your flyers stand out and become noticeable, you should add colors to them. But don’t just “add” colors, make sure that the color is actually demanding attention and they compliment each other. Later on, we will discuss a few more tips on what you can or should do with colors to boost the quality of your party flyers.
- Quality Finish: While the content is the most essential element of flyers, the final look is just as important because it is the element that helps in drawing the attention of people. In other words, the final design attracts people and the content provides them with the information that they need to know regarding the party.
In relation to this, invest on quality paper material in order to make your flyers durable and bring out the best of your design. There are various high quality paper that you can choose from, some having a glossy finish and others linen-based. Using these will not only attract more people, but it will also bring more value to your flyers.
- Blank Space: You probably have heard this a couple of times before, but if you haven’t, you need to know that blank spaces (others refer to it as white spaces) are an important element to help make any design appear cleaner and more organized. People often think that the more graphics and text, the better, but this does not work most of the time since having more elements can result in a cluttered look. Limit your elements to only those that are most relevant in order for readers to easily determine what the flyer is actually trying to tell them.
- Size: With regards to flyer size, there are three different sizes that you can choose from, and each one of them have a specific purpose relating to how much content you want to incorporate. Near the end of this article, we have list of the different flyer sizes that you can use as reference, make sure to check that out before actually starting to work on your flyers.
10+ Party Flyer Templates
Beach Music Party Flyer Template
Pool Party Birthday Flyer Template
Steampunk Party Flyer Example
Minimal Holiday Party Flyer Design
DJ Party Concert Flyer Template
Creative Barbecue Party Flyer
Editable Halloween Party Flyer Template
Retro Grunge Party Flyer Example
Birthday Party Flyer Template
Fourth of July Party Flyer Design
Steps to Designing a Good Party Flyer
1. Determine the Size and Shape of the Flyer: Whatever method you’re going for to distribute your flyers—whether you prefer to distribute them by hand, post them on walls, or send them through the mail—you will need to determine first how big and in what shape your flyers will be.
In terms of size, you can find the different sizes of flyers below, but in terms of shape, you’ll have to be creative on that. Although there are a lot of ideas that you can find on the internet regarding the physical appearance of flyers, it’s always better to add a little uniqueness to it in order for your party flyer to stand out.
2. Choose a Theme for the Flyer that Corresponds with the Event: With regards to theme, there are a whole bunch that you can choose from—some colorful and some minimal. Once again, there is a lot of inspiration that you can find on the internet in terms of flyer themes, but you should still add something personal to yours, especially with the fact that the theme of your flyer should match the theme of the party.
3. Tell a Story using Images and/or Illustrations: Graphical elements help not only to enhance the appearance of your flyer, but also to tell a story. While textual elements are a must on a flyer because it gives out the details that an individual needs to know, but the graphics help initiate that communication. Also, by using graphics to convey information, even people at a distance can determine what is being shared on the flyer.
4. Explain the Details using Engaging Text: We previously mentioned the importance of text on flyers in order to provide readers with the information they need to know regarding the party, and these details should always support the story told by the graphical elements. These elements should explain to readers the what, when, and where aspects regarding the party.
5. Print and Distribute Copies of the Flyer: Once you’re done designing your party flyer, what more should you need to do other than print them out and distribute them to the people.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Flyer Layout
- Always put yourself in your reader’s shoes when designing the layout of your party flyer. Make it in such a way that will appeal not only to you but to others as well.
- As far as you’re concerned, the priority of your flyer is to convey your message to the reader as clear as possible. Because of this, don’t use complicated words and make your details short but precise. Just a word of advice, your reader should be able to absorb the information on your flyer in just a few seconds.
- In addition to making your message clear as in making it easy to understand, your text should also be clear and legible enough. Also, when choosing fonts, it should be appropriate enough for the theme of the party.
- Create balance in the layout of your flyer, and while this may sound like a complicated tip, all you need to think about is the rule of thirds. What this means is that you divide the layout into three rows and three columns to come up with nine divisions, and simply balance the arrangement of the elements.
Types of Flyers
- Marketing Flyers: This is the most basic or standard type of flyer that consists of an unfolded, single or double paged marketing tool used by businesses to re-invite old customers as well as gain new ones. These flyers are used for announcing sales, special promotions, and promoting new products and services.
- Leaflets: These are just as similar as marketing flyers with the only difference being its size. As the name suggests, leaflets are compact which actually helps in making them easy to distribute and send. Leaflets can either be distributed by hand, sent by mail or left on windshields or under the door. But regardless of its small size, these flyers contain enough relevant information for prospects to know about what is being advertised.
- Door Handle Flyers: This is another type of flyer that is considered to be cost-effective but highly effective for getting up close and personal in trying to promote products and services. These are just like regular flyers, but the paper material has a hole or space on the top portion that allows advertisers to hang them on doorknobs. Businesses would prefer to use this type of flyers in order to put their information right in front of clients.
- Tri-Fold Flyers: These are also called brochures, for that matter. This type of flyer is folded twice in order to come up with three panels on each side for a total of six panels. Not only are these flyers easy to print, but these also have the ability to hold a lot of information while still managing to be compact in size.
Sizes of Flyers
- Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inches)
- Standard (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Large Format (11 x 17 inches)
FAQs about Party Flyers
What is the best software for creating flyers?
There are various programs to choose from, and this includes Canva, GIMP, Photoshop, Illustrator, and even Microsoft Word. However, if you are trying to use any of our templates, then simply look at the Available File Formats section indicated on every sample.
Is it necessary to add testimonials?
Considering that your flyers are intended to convey details regarding a party, you no longer need to include testimonials on your flyer layout since these are geared more towards business or promotional flyers.
If you are looking for templates other than for making party flyers, we also have them all right in Template.net. What we have here isn’t just party flyer templates, in fact, we have templates for brochures, posters, website themes, and business documents. Template.net is definitely the perfect place for finding the templates that you need.