When businesses and organizations have something to promote, whether these are products, services, or events, it is highly essential to make use of a tool in order to get the word across. How are you able to actually make something known to people if you aren’t using something to channel the information?
Thankfully, there are various tools that promoters can choose from. They come in large sizes such as banners and posters, or they can also go with the more compact ones such as brochures and flyers. Below, we have a collection of flyer templates that you can download and use to promote all sorts of things, scroll down to check them out yourselves.
Elements of a Good Promotional Flyer
- Clear and Direct Message: One very important element that you would want to convey to prospects from your promotional flyer is a message that’s clear as crystal and comprehensible. The best way to do this is to avoid being wordy. The less or easier choice of words, the better. And also, make sure to proofread for any grammar and spelling errors before distributing your flyers.
- Catchy Appearance: While having a clear message is very important to be able to make your flyers easy to understand, having a catchy look is just as important since it actually helps in attracting attention towards your promotional flyer. However, this doesn’t mean you should make your flyer design as fancy as it can get, there should still be a balance between simplicity and creativity. The important thing to consider here is to not make your promotional flyer dull-looking.
- Contact Details: It’s always a good idea to include your contact details on your promotional flyer in order for readers to easily find it if they think what your promoting interests them. When adding your contact details, include only those that are most relevant and active, and if every contact number is active, choose only two from each to avoid creating a clutter on the design. Aside from just your phone number, you might also want to include a fax number and an email address.
- Call to Action: Also, when trying to promote something through any form of material, adding only the contact information will only leave the reader hanging. The best solution around this is to include a call to action to inform readers what you want them to do. A call to action also creates a motivational force to really draw your prospects into availing whatever you have to offer for them, and this is a good thing.
- Discount Coupons: And lastly, the addition of discount coupons is used to help lure readers even more towards your business. People love to save money, and they will always prefer to get their hands on something for a lesser-than-usual price. Whether your discount is in percentage form or in absolute numbers, a discount will always be a discount, and it’s all that matters to get people’s attention.
7+ Promotional Flyer Templates
Promotional Flyer Template
Hotel Promotional Flyer
Free Salon Promotion Flyer Template
Free Party Promotion Flyer Template
Free Product Promotion Flyer
Book Promotion Flyer Template
Free Club Promotion Flyer Template
How to Create a Promotional Flyer
1. Decide on what you wish to promote on your flyer and why you want to promote it: What are you planning to promote? Is it a product? Is it a service? Or is it an event? And why did you choose flyers to promote it rather than other marketing materials? Whatever your purpose is, it is best to determine it beforehand in order to help yourself out during the rest of the process.
2. Create a draft or sketch of your promotional flyer’s layout: Before bringing it to the computer, it’s highly recommended that you start designing your flyer using a pen (or pencil) and paper. While it may seem like this is an unnecessary and time-consuming step, it can actually make the process a whole lot easier when you take it to the next step. Having a draft or sketch beforehand can help you determine what elements to add and how to arrange them on the layout.
3. Determine the size for your promotional flyer: In terms of sizes, we have listed down the different flyer sizes below for reference, but always be mindful that the size of the flyer will rely on how much content you put into it. This means that the smaller the size, the lesser the content, and vice versa.
4. Choose from among the templates shown in this article and download one: In this article, we have various promotional flyer templates that you can choose from. These flyer templates are very easy to download and are also highly editable. Just take note of the file formats available in order for you to use the editing tool that’s compatible with the format. Once you have chosen a specific template that you want to use, simply click on the download button.
5. Edit the design on the template: After you have downloaded a particular template, it’s time to proceed to the editing stage. You can now refer to the sketch that you made prior to the process to design your flyers. Take note that you won’t always be able to pull off the exact design on your sketch, but that is very common.
6. Finalize the design and proofread for any errors: Once you’re done editing the design on your flyer, make the necessary final touches as well as check for any grammatical and spelling errors. If everything looks according to plan, then you can proceed to get your design printed out.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Promotional Flyer Layout
- Brand your Flyer: What this means is that you need to ensure that your promotional flyer gets easily distinguished and not get mistaken for the competitors. In all your other marketing materials, the theme should be consistent in order for the branding to be consistent as well. The branding is what helps customers and a prospect to identify you through the promotional flyer.
- Create a Focal Point: Whether you are trying to promote and emphasize a discount, a new product, or an upcoming event, make it a point that readers can easily get the message through a focal point.
- Creative but Clear: Once again, less is more when it comes to promotional flyers. Avoid long explanations and jargon, and go for a short, clear, yet creative approach in trying to get the message across.
- Clean Layout: You wouldn’t want to divert your readers’ attention to the overuse of graphics and colors on the layout, in fact, many people see this as “trying too hard to impress”, which is not a good thing. Keep your layout clean in order for the more relevant information to stand out.
- Don’t Forget the Call to Action: The call to action is very important to create an impact towards the reader, it encourages them to do what you are asking them to do, which is to get in touch or to avail of whatever is being promoted on your flyer.
- Proof your Flyer: Proofreading and spellchecking your flyer is a very important task before actually sending the design out for printing. A single error in grammar or spelling can give you and your business and unprofessional reputation which will cost you your clients. And if you do this after the printing stage, then it will be too late and you will need to spend on the printing again.
- High-Quality Printing: Just because your flyer layout ended up perfectly as planned, it doesn’t mean you can take for granted the printing phase. Don’t compromise on the printing since it is also very important that your flyers come out as stunning as their soft copy counterparts. If your printer isn’t able to do this, then have your flyers printed at printing centers.
Types of Flyers
- Leaflets: Leaflets are very similar to regular flyers with the only difference being its smaller and more compact size. The reason for its small size is it actually makes it easier for people to distribute and send them to the public. Despite its small size, leaflets are packed with a lot of relevant information about what is being promoted.
- Regular Flyers: The standard type of flyers that are used for marketing or promoting new products and services, and for making announcements regarding an upcoming event.
- Door Handle Flyers: Door handle flyers are just like the standard type with the exception of a doorknob-sized hole on the top portion of the flyer where the door handle is to be inserted. Although this type of flyer is usually not distributed, they still get personal since they are hanged on the doors of offices and houses.
Sizes of Flyers
- Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inches)
- Standard (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Large Format (11 x 17 inches)
FAQs about Promotional Flyers
What is flyer design?
This refers to the physical appearance that readers see on your promotional flyers. A design may have a minimal or creative theme, and the theme may depend on the product, service, or event being promoted.
What is the best software for creating flyers?
There are actually a lot of programs that can be used for creating flyers such as Canva, GIMP, Photoshop, Illustrator, and even Microsoft Word. But in order to maximize the use of our templates, refer to the formats available for each template and use the appropriate editing tool for it.
Template.net is basically a website where you can download all sorts of templates. We don’t only offer templates for promotional flyers, but for any type of flyer and other promotional tools as well including brochures, posters, and banners. If you need flyer templates for business or organizational promotions, then Template.net is the place to be.