People love watching sports, which is why a lot of them enjoy going to sports events to watch their a game played by their favorite team. Whether you’re a fan of the sport or not, watching it live will give you an experience that’s unlike or nearly similar to that when watching it on television.
Just like any kind of event, the success of sports events rely on the number of attendees, and the only way you’ll be able to reach that number is by promoting the event. And that’s where sports flyers come into play. Lucky enough for you, we have downloadable sports flyer templates here at your disposal.
Headline: Add a catchy one-liner to your flyer, something that’s able to easily attract people even at a distance, and something that actually tells them what the flyer is about. To ensure that your headline easily gets noticed, try to use a larger font or a different color for it.
Graphics: Graphical elements include images, illustrations, patterns, and shapes, and they actually help in enhancing the look of your flyers if done right. If you’re unsure whether you are doing it right with the graphics, you may refer to the list of tips provided below.
Details of the Event: This is what provides a reader with the details they need to know regarding the event, and this includes answers to the following:
Contact Information: Here, list down the means in which prospects can use to reach out to you. This may include one or two phone numbers, a fax number (if applicable), an email address, and a street address for those who prefer the old-fashioned way of sending mail through the post office.
Call to Action: And lastly, this is to help encourage readers to contact you using the contact information indicated on the flyer. Always make sure to include a call to action to really let your readers know what you expect them to do after reading your flyer.
1. Determine the purpose of using flyers to promote the event: In every sports flyer, determining the purpose beforehand can greatly help in the design process. If you are able to do so, then you’ll know what elements or details to include on the design, and you’ll also know how to do it properly.
2. Decide how big you want your flyers: Do you want your flyers to be bigger than usual in order to be more visible or hold more information? Or would you rather have them smaller to make them more compact and easier to bring along? Whichever is more convenient for you, we have listed down the different sizes of flyers below as a reference.
3. Place a background image to start the design process: The first step in the design process is applying a background element which can either be an image, a pattern, or a color gradient. Think of this as the application of a first coat on a painted canvas, which is something that every painter does before adding the details. A word of advice when adding a background element, it should already be able to set the tone for the reader.
4. Indicate the teams that are playing during the event: Unless the event is a tournament, wherein multiple teams or players go head to head for the championship, your flyer should indicate the two teams that will be playing. You may want to only include the name of the teams, or you may also want to add in images of each of the team’s star players, it’s up to you.
5. Add in the other details that a reader needs to know: This is where the rest of the information regarding the event is being mentioned, and this is what people actually look for from a sports event flyer. Here, they are treated to a whole bunch of relevant details that tell them when and where the event is going to be held, along with other information.
6. Add final touches to the design, if necessary: Do you think your flyer looks complete? If not, make some final touches like adding a little more graphical elements or rearranging them in order to make the appearance more visually appealing and less cluttered. However, if you have nothing to modify, then you can proceed to the next step.
7. Print out your sports flyer: What else is there to do other than to have your design printed and distributed? If you have designed your sports flyers properly, then you will most likely not run into any problems when distributing them.
Up to this day, businesses and organizations still rely on flyers to advertise products, services, and events, because they are still effective despite all the digital alternatives.
Bus stops, school or community bulletin boards, checkout counters, reception areas.
Whether you’re looking for flyer, poster, or banner templates that you can use to promote your sports event, you don’t need to go someplace else. Here at Template.net, we have got all your template needs. These templates are reasonably priced, and they are highly editable to really help you pull off your design.