People love watching sports, which is why a lot of them enjoy going to sports events to watch their a game played by their favorite team. Whether you’re a fan of the sport or not, watching it live will give you an experience that’s unlike or nearly similar to that when watching it on television.
Just like any kind of event, the success of sports events rely on the number of attendees, and the only way you’ll be able to reach that number is by promoting the event. And that’s where sports flyers come into play. Lucky enough for you, we have downloadable sports flyer templates here at your disposal.
Elements of a Good Sports Flyer
Headline: Add a catchy one-liner to your flyer, something that’s able to easily attract people even at a distance, and something that actually tells them what the flyer is about. To ensure that your headline easily gets noticed, try to use a larger font or a different color for it.
Graphics: Graphical elements include images, illustrations, patterns, and shapes, and they actually help in enhancing the look of your flyers if done right. If you’re unsure whether you are doing it right with the graphics, you may refer to the list of tips provided below.
Details of the Event: This is what provides a reader with the details they need to know regarding the event, and this includes answers to the following:
- Who or what teams are playing?
- When and what time is the event going to take place?
- Where is the venue for the event?
- Who are the people to contact for even more details?
Contact Information: Here, list down the means in which prospects can use to reach out to you. This may include one or two phone numbers, a fax number (if applicable), an email address, and a street address for those who prefer the old-fashioned way of sending mail through the post office.
Call to Action: And lastly, this is to help encourage readers to contact you using the contact information indicated on the flyer. Always make sure to include a call to action to really let your readers know what you expect them to do after reading your flyer.
10+ Sports Flyer Templates
Gridiron Sports Club Flyer Template
Simple Soccer Sports Flyer Example
Soccer Mania Sports Flyer Template
Minimal Basketball Sports Flyer Sample
Golf Tournament Sports Flyer Design
Football Tournament Sports Flyer Template
Baseball League Sports Flyer Sample
Nordic Sports Event Flyer Design
Soccer Sport Flyer Sample
Sports Flyer Design Form
How to Create a Sports Flyer
1. Determine the purpose of using flyers to promote the event: In every sports flyer, determining the purpose beforehand can greatly help in the design process. If you are able to do so, then you’ll know what elements or details to include on the design, and you’ll also know how to do it properly.
2. Decide how big you want your flyers: Do you want your flyers to be bigger than usual in order to be more visible or hold more information? Or would you rather have them smaller to make them more compact and easier to bring along? Whichever is more convenient for you, we have listed down the different sizes of flyers below as a reference.
3. Place a background image to start the design process: The first step in the design process is applying a background element which can either be an image, a pattern, or a color gradient. Think of this as the application of a first coat on a painted canvas, which is something that every painter does before adding the details. A word of advice when adding a background element, it should already be able to set the tone for the reader.
4. Indicate the teams that are playing during the event: Unless the event is a tournament, wherein multiple teams or players go head to head for the championship, your flyer should indicate the two teams that will be playing. You may want to only include the name of the teams, or you may also want to add in images of each of the team’s star players, it’s up to you.
5. Add in the other details that a reader needs to know: This is where the rest of the information regarding the event is being mentioned, and this is what people actually look for from a sports event flyer. Here, they are treated to a whole bunch of relevant details that tell them when and where the event is going to be held, along with other information.
6. Add final touches to the design, if necessary: Do you think your flyer looks complete? If not, make some final touches like adding a little more graphical elements or rearranging them in order to make the appearance more visually appealing and less cluttered. However, if you have nothing to modify, then you can proceed to the next step.
7. Print out your sports flyer: What else is there to do other than to have your design printed and distributed? If you have designed your sports flyers properly, then you will most likely not run into any problems when distributing them.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Sports Flyer Layout
- Create a balance between content and graphics in your flyer layout, or it may even be better to put more emphasis on the content. While the graphics are intended to attract the attention, the content is what provides readers with the information that they need regarding the sports event.
- Use a color for your text that contrasts with the rest of the elements. This way it will make it a lot easier for readers to distinguish text with graphical elements.
- Make sure to apply enough blank spaces to the design to prevent it from looking too cluttered.
- Don’t shy away from using margins, this will actually make your design look cleaner. Additionally, if you choose to use either tacks or adhesive tape to attach your flyers, you can always make use of that area.
- Set your printer to print in the best settings as this will bring out the best from your design.
Types of Flyers
- Single Sheet: Also referred to as unfolded single sheets, these are considered to be the standard type for businesses. Advertisers often use this to maximize the readability and brand recognition. You’ll find single sheet flyers being used as political tools, in real estate, and as takeaway menus. Additionally, single sheets can be printed on one or both sides.
- Single Fold: If you think about it, brochures can also be considered as a “type” of a flyer, and single fold flyers are basically the same as or almost similar to bi-fold brochures. Single fold flyers allow businesses to offer a lot more information than single sheets. Ideally, these flyers are printed in landscape orientation in order to be folded right in the middle.
- Concertina Fold: Another brochure-like type of flyer that consists of panels that are divided by folds. Unlike the single fold type, these flyers have more than just one fold—two, to be specific—in order to come up with three panels on each side. Also known as the accordion fold, these flyers are perfect if you have a lot of information to convey. However, you will need to write your information in short, direct sentences in order to maximize your use of the allotted space.
- Open Gate Fold: A type of flyer wherein the two side edges are folded towards the center of the paper in order to enclose the content and resembling a closed gate. Once a reader wishes to reveal what’s inside, they will have to “open” the gate or unfold the flyer to expose the content. The only thing about this type of flyer is that you will need to ensure that every copy is printed out accurately, because failing to do so may result in an unprofessional-looking flyer.
Sizes of Flyers
- Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inches)
- Standard (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Large Format (11 x 17 inches)
FAQs about Sports Flyers
What are the basics of creating and using flyers?
- Set a budget for your flyers
- Choose relevant images and/or illustrations
- Design your flyer
- Write the details
- Print out your flyers
- Distribute your flyers
Are flyers effective in spreading the message?
Up to this day, businesses and organizations still rely on flyers to advertise products, services, and events, because they are still effective despite all the digital alternatives.
Where are the ideal places for putting up flyers?
Bus stops, school or community bulletin boards, checkout counters, reception areas.
Whether you’re looking for flyer, poster, or banner templates that you can use to promote your sports event, you don’t need to go someplace else. Here at Template.net, we have got all your template needs. These templates are reasonably priced, and they are highly editable to really help you pull off your design.