Of the many font designs you can choose from, whether on Template.net or from the World Wide Web, the 3D font face in particular is pretty popular. A 3D font uses the simple effect of “drawing in” another dimension to an image, often with shading. It is a fun and easy way to make a 2D picture stand out, and you see this used everywhere that art is supposed to catch the most attention.
Check out these awesome 3-dimensional font styles you can download as free TTF and OTF files. They are sure to bring your work to life beyond the screen.
Sketch 3D Letter Font
Graffiti 3D Font
3D Film Name Font
Metal 3D Font
3D block Font
How Can I Use 3D Fonts?
Making your art stand out from the crowd is something every artist aims to do. It is a matter of being different and doing what others don’t do and seeing things in ways they don’t expect.
You can think a 3D font is merely about adding another dimension to the letters with shading and that’s it. But don’t end there. There are hundreds of creative ways this can be done.
Think outside the box and outside the page.
These 3D letter fonts made by expert designers use shading, color, highlights, and texture to make the letters pop out. Millions of artists, designers, illustrators, and animators use fonts like these to express their message better.
Download these fonts for free now and see how they can work for you.
- The Sketch 3D Letter Font is an instant party favorite. Download as a vector and add color for the perfect tone of fun. Use on birthday cards and banners or even name tags and classroom decoration.
- The Graffiti 3D Font and 3D Film Name Font shows you how you can bring urban, sci-fi, and high-tech projects to pop out with their high-contrast empty lines and block white shading. See also Broadcast Titling Font.
Cursive 3D Font
Broadcast Titling Font
Watercolor 3D Font
Action Jackson Font
- If you’re working with cinematic images, the Mexcellent Font is an excellent option for light-on-dark setups. Also compare with the Montague 3D Block Font for a different kind of dramatic effect.
- Use the Cursive 3D Font for a funky, glossy look. Great for catching attention on anything, from cartoon show posters to ice cream parlor pamphlets. Compare with the simpler but just as fun look in Action Jackson.
- Going for a hardcore effect? Metal 3D Font uses just enough shading and highlight for an amazingly convincing embossed metallic effect. Instant win for band merch and game designers.
- Remember what we said about standing out? The Watercolor 3D Font does this better than the rest by doing something unexpected: being 3D without shading. This is done with the interesting line effects.
Any style in the block fonts category can be modified into a 3D font, if you know how. The right font styles you can find for free will do most of the work for you.
Do yourself and your creative work a favor and download any of these outstanding 3D fonts now.