10+ Holiday Designs and Templates
Different countries have a different number of designated official holidays. These are days when non-essential employees and students do not need to go to work or school. On the flip side, there can also be unofficial holidays. These are days designated for the celebration or commemoration of a past historical event or cause. And to inform the public (or your friends and family members) about these particular days, you will need to come up with good holiday designs.
In this article, we provide various examples of designs and templates that can be used for different types of official and non-official holidays that your state or country celebrations. Read more about them below. And yes, some of the holiday designs included below are for the upcoming Christmas holidays.
Elements of A Good Holiday Design
Just like any kind of visual project, the best holiday designs are the ones that can effectively translate the purpose and message the visual project (in this case, the holiday designs) aims to achieve.
In the list below, we have shared the top five elements needed for a holiday design to stand out. Read each characteristic carefully so that you can incorporate them in the creation of a good holiday design.
- Theme: The first thing to consider when creating any kind of holiday design is the theme of your project. This can vary from having a festive motif to having a minimalist theme. As a rule of thumb, remember that a design project’s theme will serve as the unifying force of your business announcement project. A well-chosen theme will help create a sense of oneness between your organization or brand and the event or holiday you are celebrating.
- Messaging: Another important element that should be found in any holiday design is the message or the information about the type of holiday being celebrated. This is an essential characteristic in holiday designs that will allow the readers to know what the design is for. The text can be a holiday greeting or a holiday announcement.
- Typography: Well-chosen typography is another important element for any graphic design project. This applies when creating holiday designs as well. Choose font styles that match the type of holiday you are announcing or celebrating.
- Visual Hierarchy: Another important element of any design project is the visual hierarchy or the arrangement of the different component structures within a design. When creating a holiday project, you may have to assign importance over the different design elements. For example, you may make the holiday name or greeting appear bigger compared to the background image and other text elements. This will help create cohesion within your holiday design.
- Color Scheme: Most holiday design projects aim to provide information and/or advertise about certain holidays, occasions, or events. And as an advertising tool, it should catch a reader’s or a customer’s attention through the use of color. Pick a color scheme that will allow you to best showcase what your business, personality, event, or service is.
The five items listed above are the most important elements that should be found in any holiday design. Be sure to incorporate them into your own holiday design creations and you will have a final holiday design that gives you the right results.
10+ Holidays Designs
Shown below are 10+ holiday templates and designs that you can download, edit, and print easily. Keep in mind that you need the right graphic design tool installed on your computer before you can open and edit the file.
International Coffee Day Greeting Card
International Day of Non-Violence
International Heart Day Greeting Card
International Teachers Day Greeting Card
Parent’s Day Flyer
Available File Formats
Patriot Day Greeting Card Template
World Peace Day Greeting Card
World Vegan Day
World Earth Day Social Media Design
Happy Holidays Design Template
How to Create an Excellent Holiday Design
Making holiday designs can be demanding especially if you do not know what you are doing. However, if you already have a step-by-step guide on how to go about the entire process, everything will be a lot easier. That is why we have created this short guide on how to create excellent holiday designs. Find out what the steps are below.
1. Write down all the information or details you want to include in your holiday design: The first in creating a good holiday design to prepare all the information or details about the holiday event. Most of the time, you will need information like the holiday name, event venue, date and time, and a call to action. You also need to come up with a creative way to create all things
2. Decide on a project theme: You may be creating a visual project that will be used for a holiday or for the holiday season but it is still important to choose an overall theme. A theme will serve as the unifying element of your design. To illustrate, you can choose a minimalist theme for all your holiday designs and only use clean lines, black and white images, and a lot of negative space. A theme like this can work for different kinds of holidays as long as it matches what you or your business represents.
3. Choose a color scheme: In addition to choosing a theme or motif for your holiday project, you also need to decide on a uniform color scheme or palette. This refers to a combination of colors that will work well together and help create a coherent message of the holiday you are celebrating or announcing.
4. Create a layout: The next step is to choose a design layout or a specific pre-determined arrangement of all the text and graphic design elements that will be used in your holiday design. Your goal is to choose a layout that is readable and pleasing to the eye.
5. Alternatively, use a pre-made printable holiday design template: And if you think you do not have the time and skill needed to create holiday design from scratch, you may use a pre-formatted holiday design template instead. These are pre-made templates that already takes into consideration all the formatting and layout aspects of a holiday design. All you have to do as an end-user is to edit in some personal or business information.
6. Combine all design and text elements into one template: Whether you are creating a holiday design from scratch or if you using a printable template, you will still need to combine all your preferred design elements and edit the tentative template until it fully meets your standards.
7. Review for details: Once you have created or customized a holiday design template, it is time to review the design for spelling errors, grammar issues, and other layout or formatting issues. It is often recommended to have another person do this. If you work in a team, you may have another team member review the design template. Then, make all the necessary corrections on the design template.
8. Print out final holiday design.
The last step is to print out the holiday design. You may use your own printer or you may commision your local print shop to print an entire batch of holiday photo postcards, posters, tags, cards, or flyers.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to create your own holiday designs. Keep these steps in mind along with all the other design tips we have shared earlier.
Types of Holidays Designs
Holiday designs may be classified according to the type of print or digital media you want to create. Examples are holiday greeting cards, holiday flyers, holiday gift tags, world vegan day cards, international beer day cards, and a lot more.
Holidays Designs Sizes
Holiday designs do not have one standard printing size. This is due to the fact that the printing size will depend on the kind of holiday template you wish to create. For example, if you are creating a holiday flyer design, you may need to follow an 8-inches by 11-inches US paper size. And if you are creating a holiday tag design, you may need to print out the design on paper that measures. 2.13 inches by 4 inches. In short, base the paper printing size on the kind of holiday design template you are creating.
Holiday Designs FAQs
What are holiday design templates?
Holiday design templates are used if you want an easier and quicker way to create holiday templates. These pre-made files will come with images, illustrations, font styles, text, and other design elements needed to create a satisfactory holiday design.
What software program is used to create different holiday designs?
Holiday designs are created using editing and compositing software programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign. Some holiday design templates may also be created using Microsoft Word or Publisher.
What is the difference between holiday designs and holiday greeting cards?
Holiday design is the general term used for any visual design project created for a holiday, special event, or occasion. It can come in the form of a music poster design, an Instagram profile photo cover, or even as an itinerary template. As long as the printed or digital media is created for a specific holiday, it can be called a holiday design.
A holiday greeting card, on the other hand, refers solely to the printed card given to another person during certain important holidays. For example, there can be Christmas greeting cards, Valentine’s greeting cards, etc.
Now that you know how to create holiday designs, it is time to apply everything you’ve learned into actual design creation. Open up the design template of your choice on your preferred graphic design software tool and enjoy the creative process. For more artistic design inspiration, check out the rest of our website!